Chapter 285

Despite the warmth and the bountiful trees within the forest, dense cloud cover blocked the sun and sky above. As the sky grew more and more dim, the group began settling down within the woods. Thankfully, it was warm enough to the point the group only needed their bedrolls for warmth.

       Brie stayed up the whole time with her books and arcane ink in hand. Then, hours after the sunlight had faded, Brie was finally finished, and she was able to find rest.

       Strangely, Brie found herself atop a monolithic peak. The peak appeared to be in the clouds, or at the very least in a massive cloud of mist.

       Atop the stone peak grew crawling ivy blossoming with pale flowers.

       However, strangest of all was the small stone platform that resembled a table. As well as the man that sat upon a stone stool on the other side. On Brie's side was a slightly taller stool to accommodate her shorter height. She sat upon the stool

       The man himself had pale skin, shiny blonde hair, and striking golden eyes. Brie cocked her head. Something felt familiar, but at the moment she couldn't place what.

       "Hello, how are you?" The man said. Brie blushed as her eyes were drawn to the man's burly arms.

       "I'm confused, how are you?" Brie asked.

       "I'm very confused as well, what are you doing in this part of the world?" The man asked.

       "Well, we're looking for a golden dragon, which we need help from. What are you doing here? I'm certain this isn't real, is it a dream?" Brie asked.

       "Yes it's a dream, and I've made it just for you, or... more or less something that seemed adequate for the occasion. You're looking for a gold dragon you say? For help? What kind of help?" The man asked.

       "There's this... powerful sorceress. She commands a small army of dragons and they've ravaged their way North starting with Point Sathus and Cresselbrooke. I have a group of friends far away that intend to fight them, but we're just nine people total. We can't take on all of these dragons quickly enough. We were hoping we could find a golden dragon that could help us fight." Brie explained.

       "Do you know anything about this sorceress?" The golden dragon asked.

       "She can come back from the dead, she was locked in another plane, and her name is Ara' Carus." Brie answered. The man stood up.

       "Ara' Carus... I know that name. Well, not to worry, I think you'll find your golden dragon soon enough." The man said before beginning to walk away.

       "Wait!" Brie said. The man turned around.

       "What is it?" The man asked.

       "I know someone, he looks a lot like you, come to think of it. Do you know anybody named Zerai?" Brie asked. The man's eyes widened slightly.

      "Oh... you know Zerai? Interesting. Good to know he's one of the people fighting to stop this." The man smiled, and then everything faded into darkness.

       Unlike many other dreams, Brie could remember this one perfectly. Sometimes, bits of the future showed themselves, but those were never clear until they were made in context of the surroundings. But this dream was loud and clear from the moment it had happened.

       The morning sky was clear, and the dawn had arrived. Varhine was already awake, and the two clerics of Solan were still awake. Brie was unsure what would happen next, but she couldn't wait to tell the others of her dream.