Chapter 300

"Where did they go?!" Zerai asked.

       "Probably back to the other plane where we originally found Ara' Carus!" Eris replied back in a shout.

       Down below, Aiyoshar's body was rapidly sinking, and upon closer inspection, the dragons that had fallen into the water were still moving.

       Cedric transformed back into an eagle and flew up out of the water.

       "I can take care of the other dragons that are still squirming. I just need a bit of help on these scratches." Auracordius said. Zerai flew over and placed his free hand on Auracordius, and golden light surged through him.

       "That's better, the rest of you should get going and defeat Ara' Carus, one and for all." Auracordius said before diving down towards the bay below.

       Dread crawled up Roya's spine as they saw Aiyoshar's body deep beneath the water. Then, they looked at the heavy armor they were wearing.

       "Oh, no no no what should I do." They muttered. But as Aiyoshar sank away, they couldn't think of anything they could do.

       "Alright everyone, we need to do this!" Ara' Sei said. Roya heard Ara' Sei and nodded. Both Roya and Varhine flew back up towards Ara' Sei.

       "How will we get there?" Eris asked.

       "I can get us there." Ara' Sei said. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and let her power begin to flow through her.

       "Alright, let's do this." Ara' Sei said. Then, everything was consumed by pale light. Then, over a few seconds, the light faded, and the group found themselves standing on the same, monolithic floating island.

       "Prepare yourselves for the battle ahead." Ara' Sei said, letting pale light flood through herself.

       "I'm gonna need a bit of help, I'm not feeling so well." Brie said.

       Cedric transformed back, stepped forward, crouched down, and placed his hand on Brie's shoulder. Her body glowed with emerald light, and the massive burn mark in her chest began to look less and less raw.

       "I'll help you too." Ara' Sei said, and she joined in the effort to bring Brie to a better state for the coming fight. After a few moments, Ara' Sei wiped a drop of sweat off her brow.

       "Let's go." Ara' Sei said.

       The group followed her into the strange structure of dark stone that Ara' Carus had built within her long confinement. Ara' Sei and Zerai had to light the way through dark hallways, and half an hour of painful searching commenced. No one knew where Ara' Carus was. But then, Cedric's ears perked up as the group went through an archway into a massive, dark room.

       Then, there was a strange, building violet glow. As it grew brighter, it revealed the visage of the massive dragon that served as Ara' Carus' mount.

      Suddenly, a storm of violet flame erupted from its mouth, engulfing the entire group in violet flames.

       In the light, Ara' Sei could just barely see Ara' Carus running through a small archway before she too was encircled by the flames.

       As the combat began to break out, Ara' Sei merely ran past the fight towards the fleeing Ara' Carus.