Chapter 212

Brie felt herself being lifted towards the gap in the roots. Then, she was grabbed by the two guards. She was led upwards through the massive tree on wooden stairs. Eventually, she too found herself atop the open area where the throne was.

       "So, Brie, there are several things I need to know." Zei' Dahla said.

       "What do you need to know?" Brie asked.

       "You utilize a spellbook for your magic, correct?" Zei' Dahla asked.

       "Yes, your majesty." Brie answered.

       "Tell me, what kind of magic do you specialize in?"

       "I specialize in Divination."

       "Divination... that's the one that helps you know and detect things, correct?"

       "Yes your majesty."

       "I know you likely have various spells within your book." Brie nodded in response.

       "Do you have any evil magic left upon those pages?"

       "What do you mean, 'evil magic'. Any magic can be evil if used as such." Brie answered.

       "I believe you all call it necromancy. Do you have any form of it within your spellbook?" Zei' Dhala asked. Brie remembered she had several necromancy spells. One of the spellbooks she had been given had a spell that allowed one to bring the dead back as undead.

       Then, Brie began noticing things within the blink of an eye, the wind blowing the leaves a certain way. The dappled spots of sunlight hitting the wood, the fierceness within Zei' Dahla's eyes.

       This would work.

       "No." Brie lied.

       "Alright. What kind of magic do you have then?"

       "Well, I've got several divination spells. Then a bit of everything else besides Necromancy. But, I think it's mostly Divination."

       "Very well. Show me your most powerful magic." The vines binding Brie's hands let go.

       "Oh, okay." Brie said. She looked around, making sure that she wasn't going to hit any branches. She looked up, and carved a pulsing red glyph. Then, about thirty feet above everything, and an explosion of flame detonated. The guards reared back in surprise, but Zei' Dahla didn't flinch.

       "Impressive. Very well Brie, you have passed your trial. Guards, escort her to the meadow with Zerai. They can wait there while I trial the rest." Zei' Dahla said.

       "What about Eris, I'm fairly certain they were first!" Brie said.

       "I need to look into them more. More specifically, I need to look at them through the perspective of Cedric. Anyways, you may wait in the meadow, thank you for your time."

       When Brie was finally in the meadow with Zerai, she let loose all of her tension.

       "How did yours go?" She asked.

       "Fine, yours?" Zerai asked. She froze before glancing around to make sure no one was there.

       "Barely." She replied. Zerai nodded.

       "Alright, it seems she hasn't made her mind up about Eris. It's good to have someone to talk to, the birds here are rather boring unfortunately." Zerai said.

       "Why so?" Brie asked.

       "They have nothing to talk about besides how pretty this whole place is. I can't quite relate because I've just been held prisoner here most of the time." Zerai said.

       "Who do you think'll be next?" Brie asked.

       "We'll have to see. Both Ara' Sei and Cedric have a good chance of passing whatever trial she throws at them." Zerai said.