Chapter 219

Ara' Sei woke up late, the sensation of Zerai's warm, burly arms surrounding her. Turning her head, she saw that he was still asleep. Looking out through the window, she could see that it was late morning.

        She waited for a few minutes, not wanting to wake up, but then she realized that there were things she wanted to do.

      "Zerai, it's late now. Good morning." Ara' Sei said. Zerai's dazzling golden eyes slowly opened.

       "Good morning Ara' Sei, I'll go out for a moment for you to get changed." Zerai said before going outside. Ara' Sei changed, and the two switched places.

       Soon, both of them were ready for the day. They had a small, basic breakfast of eggs and bacon before leaving for the day.

       Every trace of the night chill was gone. The day was warm, and the sun was high. The alluring scent of street food mingled with the faint smell of the sea in the air.

       Much like Eris and Cedric, Ara' Sei wanted a haircut, and she wanted a major one.

       "I kind of want to get a haircut, do you mind accompanying me for it?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Not at all, as long as you accompany me for something as well. I want to wear earrings, but I need to get my ears pierced." Zerai said.

       "You should get golden ones, they would look great with your eyes." Ara' Sei said.

      "Don't worry, I was already planning on it." Zerai replied.

       Ara' Sei looked around for a barber, and Zerai was thankfully helpful. She was able to find one within half an hour.

       She decided that she wanted to go as short as possible. Almost all of her waist length hair was cut. By the end of it, her hair was little over an inch long, just barely long enough to not show her scalp. It wasn't unlike the kind of hair she would see a man have.

       "It's so much lighter." She commented. Zerai ruffled his hand through her hair.

       "I like it." He said.

       Then, the two went to get Zerai's ears pierced. It was quick, and soon Zerai had two golden studs in his ears.

        "What do you need to do now?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Apparently I have to keep it from getting infected, however that would work." Zerai replied.

       "I've heard things like lemon juice can keep open wounds from being infected." Ara' Sei commented.

      "Oh gods anything but that!" Zerai replied. Ara' Sei laughed.

       "Don't sorry, I'm sure there are better ways of doing it." Ara' Sei said.

        The two decided to get dinner together. By that point, it was late evening. On the way home they discussed their plans for their evening once they got back to the inn.

       "Okay Zerai, just let me know if you're not comfortable or if you want to stop, okay?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Yeah of course." Zerai replied.

       Once the two got back, Ara' Sei began slipping her clothes off, preparing for a night in bed with Zerai. With that, their day came to a close.