Chapter 293

With the wings that Zerai had gifted them, Eris sailed ahead, quickly getting ahead of many of the other combatants. However, the dragons were still relatively far away, and they weren't yet close enough.

       Brie gripped Auracordius with whatever bit of strength she had, the lines in her own spellbook flying through her head.

       Ara' Carus' dragon was noticeably more massive than the others, and even from a distance no one could mistake her flowing, jet black hair.

       Thirteen dragons total flew towards the group, their mouths dripping, misting, and crackling with violet power.

       Aiyoshar and Roya muttered prayers to Solan, and to the sun clearly visible in the daylit sky.

       Ara' Sei's eyes were locked upon Ara' Carus.

       "I'll fight you, eventually." She whispered to herself.

       Ella flew with a wide smile on her face and her massive blade in hand. The hair she still had flowing behind her.

       Zerai flew gripping his blade.

       "Your power is stronger with others, your power is stronger with others." He repeated to himself.

       Cedric and Varhine flew as fast as they could towards the battle. They tried their best to focus on their respective jobs, which were keeping their riders alive. Aiyoshar's pegasus mount proved to be especially fast. Its pale fur shined brilliantly in the sunlight.

       Then, Eris was finally close enough. They carved a crackling, blue glyph in an instant and released it in a massive bolt of lightning that slammed into the smaller dragon ahead of them. They tried their best to aim right for the shoulder where the wing connected to the body.

       It slammed into the wing's base, but didn't inflict as much damage as Eris would have hoped. Nevertheless, they continued flying forward, mystical premonitions flying through their mind.

       Brie saw what Eris was trying to do, and she smiled. With similar speed and grace, she carved a pulsing, crimson red glyph. Then, it transformed into bead of light that flew towards the dragon.

       Brie tried her best to aim the explosion, but Auracordius' speed and her shaking hands posed a challenge.

       To Brie's delight, the dragon's flight wavered.

       Ara' Carus held her hand outwards, and it crackled with violet electricity.

       Eris swerved away as best they could, but they cried out in pain as the massive bolt of lightning slammed into their leg, sending a pulse of electricity coursing up their body.

       Auracordius' mouth glowed with golden light as he flew closer to the dragons ahead. A storm of golden flames poured from his mouth. Two dragons were engulfed in the storm of flames, their scales being badly burnt on the surface.

       Eris ducked away as three dragons flew forward towards them. But, they groaned as they were mauled by massive claws. Their premonitions couldn't warn them of everything.

       Auracordius groaned as a cloud of violet mist flowed over the front half of their body. Brie groaned and coughed from atop his back.

       Eris narrowly evaded a spear of flame that flew from Ara' Carus' outstretched hand.

       Aiyoshar pointed his finger at the dragon near Auracordius, and a bright, centered point of sunlight exploded from his fingertips. But, it swerved off into the air and into nothing.

       The two sides of the battle had now met, and a storm of dragon breath and magic began raging above the Theirin Bay.