Chapter 74 - Time to Run on the Ocean!

'I see...so the Beast God won't kill me if I do this?' I asked.

'The Beast God hasn't been seen in a long time, and even if he were around, he wouldn't kill you for walking on water. He cursed the man because the man misused the ability for his own gain.' Ari said.

'Okay, though, I still think I should do it where I can't be seen. I don't want people going after me.'

'Makes sense, while we wait for night, I'll teach you the basics.'

I nodded.

Later on at night, when the docks were closed, I snuck in.

I walked out to the water and did what Ari spoke about. To pull the water together and make it so the water tension is pretty much unbreakable. Then just take that circular piece of water with me as I walked.

I got on and just snuck slowly out into the middle of the ocean.

After that, it was later on in the night, but I couldn't sleep, so I just sat down and cultivated.

In the morning, when I could see everything, I got up and started running with flight jumps. I kept my hands below me so I could pull the water circle with me.

I followed the mermaids' directions as I went farther and farther out. In the middle of the day, I was shocked to just see water all around me.

I knew there was life below me, but just not being able to see it made me sad.

After a while, I sat down to eat. I looked around at the expanse and saw a few clouds in the distance.

I narrowed my eyes.

I forgot about storms. Shit.

"Ari," I spoke out loud.

'Yea?'

"How do I protect myself Against storms?"

'I could wrap you in a bubble, but I can't say how far you would travel.'

I pursed my lips and entered my space. I walked up to the tank and jumped up. I stuck my hand inside and waited for her to grab on.

"How do you know where we are going?" I asked.

'I can see them.' She replied.

I paused for a few moments to process this.

"Right, do you think there's a way for me to continue in the right direction while I run in a ball of water?"

'Here.' She lifted and hand and took out her eye.

I froze. Did she just?

'I see them with this.' She continued.

The eyeball seemed to have a mind of its own.

"You want me to use that to find the mermaids?" I asked as I pointed at the eye with my other hand.

She nodded.

'Yes.'

I looked back over at her eye.

"That's very nice of you, but-"

'You can use my other eye-' She moved to take out her other eye.

"NO!" I yelled. "This will do, this will do."

I gulped down vomit as I grabbed the eye. It turned in my hand and looked up at me.

Holy fuck. That's fucking disturbing.

"Thank you," I replied as I smiled at her.

I left my space and just stared at the moving eye.

How the fuck does this work?

In my hand, the eye just turned and the pupil faced a certain direction. Oh...

Gotcha.

I started to run in that direction. I kept at this for about 2 weeks until I saw what looked to be shipped in the distance. Hmmm...

I sat down and waited for nighttime. During this time, I also cultivated. I was close to reaching Rank 3 Level 8, in the next few days, I should be there.

At night I got up and put on my mask. I bolted forward on the water and put on my mask.

As I got closer, I noticed there seemed to be about 10 ships. 5 of each ship had different flags. The first five had a wolf on their sails and the other 5 had a vermilion bird.

Two of the 6 clans from before.

I ran forward and sneaked around. I felt a very strong presence on the boats. If I didn't have Ari shielding my breath with the water, they would definitely know I was here.

I looked down at the eye and saw it was pointing in the same direction the ships were going.

I narrowed my eyes. Where these guys after mermaids?

I decided to put on my mask and just hitch a ride. I jumped up and saw doors for cannons. I could fit in the nook of those doors, so I laid inside and decided to finally get some sleep.

By the next morning, the boats were still traveling in the same direction. I could also hear talk above me at this time, but it was too far away. I decided to activate Hawk Eyes.

Immediately the conversations became clear to me.

"So you really have no idea what Master is planning?" Person 1.

"No, I really have no idea. All I know is that the Vermillion Bird Clan owes the White Wolf Clan." Person 2.

They couldn't come up with better names?

I began to cultivate during the rest of the day. By day's end, I had reached Rank 3 Level 8.

I was slowly getting stronger, but it was still faster than most. Anyone not from a high background had no chance of getting strong.

I sighed. I was 14 now and it took me 3 years to reach this point. This was the godly speed in this world. If I didn't have pure blood or Ari...I would most likely still be Rank 1.

Fate...what do you want from me?

About this time, I heard a commotion. I looked out to see something in the far distance.

It looked to be big and blue.

What the fuck?

'Kobe, that's a wave.'

I heard Ari say.

THE FUCK?!

What could make a wave that big?!

'How do I get out of here?' I asked with my thoughts.