Chapter - 81 - I am not Human

Ira continued.

"When the younger siblings started their empire, they were met with a lot of people who were happy to join them. Most were non-humans. Today they make up YeiRu."

I stopped her there with my left hand.

"This makes no sense," I replied. "My father told me before he died that I was related to some people in Phoenix Empire."

Ira's face grew pale.

"Phoenix Empire?" She asked.

I blinked in confusion.

"Yes, he said my surname was ZhenZu."

At that, the whole room grew very quiet.

I gulped.

"Uuu..." I broke the silence. "Someone care to tell me who I am?"

Xiong HoLing spoke up.

"Kobe...you're not human." He said with seriousness.

I snapped my head towards Xiong HoLing.

"Come again?" I asked flabbergasted.

"You're what we Nymphs call, Omens."

"The fuck?"

"Let me explain." The beautiful female nymph spoke up. "Omens have been around for as long as this world has existed. They are extremely powerful and can not die and so they have two limitations. One, they mate for life. Two, an Omen can only be murdered by a person they love." She paused.

And my brain paused along with that sentence. What in the holy fuck fate?

"There's just one problem." She said.

I looked up at her with interest.

"All of the Omens have been extinct for over 50,000 years."

I was following until right there.

"Then how am I an Omen?" I asked in confusion.

"No one would dare name their child with the surname ZhenZu unless they wanted their whole family to be hunted down and experimented on." Said Ira. "It's a global legend to never even utter the surname ZhenZu for fear of being heard by the wrong people."

I sat still as I collected this knowledge. Then I thought of something.

"Omens, they all have green eyes?" I asked.

Ira shook her head.

"Omens, usually have red eyes. Because Omens usually have evil energy. But there are rare instances where Omens are born as purebloods."

I blinked.

"Huh, what about that whole only someone you love can kill you. Is that true?"

Ira nodded.

"That's fucking lonely," I said as I lifted a teacup. "So if I'm an Omen. Does that mean one of my parents was one?" I asked.

"How did they die?" Ira asked.

My eyes went large.

"Oh my god." I put my hand over my mouth. I instinctively spoke in English and a tear slid down my face. I shook my head and returned to Chinese. "My father was definitely an Omen. My mother killed herself and I killed my father."

At this the room got quiet.

"I know how it sounds, but he could not die. And if it's what you say about mating for life. He must have just been waiting for me to come along so that someone that he loved could finally kill him. Because I know he must have tried to kill himself but ended up failing every time." I said as I turned my attention to the outside world. Then I thought of something. "So, if I'm an Omen." I pause and set down an empty teacup. "Then do you suppose there are others like me?"

"If there are. They are in secret." Ira replied. "Kobe, you are like family to me and all of the Nymphs. I know now why I trusted you when I first met you. Still, it is very important that this does not get out. No one can no that you are an Omen."

I nodded.

"I trust Mei with my life." Mei next to me. "And I also trust my Master. These are the only two people I will know."

They all nodded.

"Well, you learn something new every day," I said as I stood up from my chair. "How about we don't stop." I raised my left hand and waved.

Immediately, a very thin and sickly-looking Emperor tumbled out.

Immediately, everyone in the room grew quiet.

"I was going to kill him slowly, but do you think he could be of any use? He put my father in jail after all." I asked.

"Your so naive." He laughed crazily as he looked up at me. "I've been tracking down Devils ever since I was a young boy!"

"Devils? That's what humans call Omens?" I asked interested.

"Your kind are all demons! You use to rule over this whole continent and kill anyone who got in your way. Until your fall came.

My own little sister was a Devil and I murdered her and her mother with my own two hands. Though, I only did it after that Devil woman murdered my father for sleeping with another.

And oh what joy I felt to have another Devil walk into my life. He didn't know it, but he told me so much. The years that he had lived were filled with so much information. I know where the Devils are." He started to laugh as he looked at my unchanging face."Do you not understand?! They are dead!"

"Oh? And who knows of Omens?" Asked Ira.

I saw her eyes shine and knew she was using a technique.

Immediately, the Emperor's eyes hazed over.

"They call them selfs The Orion's." He said. "They want Devils to become extinct."

"Why?" Ira asked.

"Devils hold the hearts of races."

Immediately everyone in the room, including my self grew very much confused but also very serious.

"Devils sometimes gave birth to ones with purebloods. These creatures such as yourself have the power to bring together races. They have an uncanny ability to make anyone trust them.

With this ability, they brought together races and took what they wanted from them. In time the races caught on started turning on them.

They turned them over to humans and the extinction of the Devils started."