Chapter - 115 - Suprises

When I looked up, I saw him looking at them with his red eyes.

I looked forward and immediately saw everyone's different expressions.

Though, before anyone could say a word, the ground below us started to rumble.

"They are coming for you," Valentino said. The Devil from the Nymph Wedding. "You have to come with me right now, or you will die."

Die?

What if they kill them? Wait, when did I start to care about others?

It hit me, I care about these people. No, I can't leave.

"I cant." I turned to Valentino.

"Are you insane? They will kill you?!" Valentino said as he held onto my shoulders.

"I can't leave them, and they won't leave their people. Those people must know, I know them and they will use that knowledge." I said as the rumbling grew around me.

"So you're going to die?!" Valentino screamed.

"IF THAT MEANS EVERYONE ELSE LIVES? IN A HEARTBEAT!" I screamed back.

He stepped back.

"Ha, you were a mistake." He said as he turned around and disappeared quickly into the distance.

No, Valintino, you were.

I turned around and saw horrified faces.

"You have enemy's and you willingly lead them here?!" Screamed Freya.

"Did you really think we would stick by you? We are rulers. We have people to protect, you're one person." Juan Linyun said. "Either you get out there and fix this or I will disown you."

His words made my heart drop and tears started streaming down my eyes as I looked at them.

Immeditally Juan Linyun stepped forward, but I stepped back just as quickly.

"I understand, you'll never see me again." I turned around and left the tent.

I looked over and immediately saw the incoming force. I pushed everything to the back of my mind and cleared my mind as I gathered all of my power. When I opened that array, a large amount of power entered my body. The power I was going to use in this war.

I jumped out of the camp and a few seconds later, came the incoming force of beast. they ranged in size and I could see they were really meant to scare. For someone of my power, they meant nothing.

Then came the large beast. 3 massive Holy Beast and one Celestial Beast. And by the look in their eyes, they were definitely being controlled.

I looked up and saw an old man looking down at me like he won. Too bad for him, I really didn't care anymore how I looked in front of the people behind me. So what if they thought I was a monster?

I had been holding in this power as to not scare anyone, now it was time.

"It's okay Ari, release it," I said.

Immeditally, air energy burst from my body. I lifted into the sky as clouds started forming around us.

The old man got into a fighting position.

"You don't scare me!" He yelled. "I will kill you and-"

Before he could finish, I already had my hand out. Lighting shot from the sky down at him. He jumped out of the way, so I moved my hand and lighting hit the ground with a bang.

"You misunderstand," I said as I turned my head. "I don't seek prominent status as you do. At first, I just wanted to protect myself, so I grew stronger, then I found people who I wanted to protect. Though, it seems I'm the only one in the friendship who was willing to risk their lives for the other."

"You can't expect rulers to give up their country's." He said. "That's selfish."

"I would have. Does that make me selfless?" I asked. "I think you know the answer."

In this world power and status was everything. If you didn't have them, you were nothing.

But it also doesn't make you selfless to give it all up. No, that just makes you stupid to most. But to the people that matter? It means you'd give up the world for them.

"You think in fantasies! No one would risk their life for yours! Not when they know they would lose!"

"That's where you're wrong." Out of the sky dropped someone I hadn't seen in a while.

"Theon," I said with a smile.

"I was watching from a distance but it seems this man doesn't know how to talk to my sister." He said we narrowed our eyes.

"YOU'RE A DEVIL?!" The man screamed.

"You're very perceptive," I said.

I burst forward so fast a loud boom was heard all around us. I had broken the sound barrier thanks to the air energy inside of me.

It was getting quite hard to deal with so I seriously needed to release it. I grabbed the man by his throat before he could move and held it down. My other hand had a sword at his gut.

"Move, and you're dead," I said as I looked into his eyes. A yellow tint. "It seems not even the largest organization on this continent has loyal members."

"You-!"

He was stopped by me using pure energy to lure the bug out.

He screamed in agony as the grub made its way out of his mouth and into my hand.

It tried to dig its way into my hand, but I had already plucked it up and put it into a jar, while the man collapsed on the Beast's head.

"Tell me, how do you feel?" I asked.

The man looked up at me and started to cry.

"For hundreds of years, I've felt trapped in my own body. And now, I'm free...." He paused and continued. "I never thought a Devil could be so forgiving."

My hand moved down and I caught an incoming arrow at just the right time for the old man to not die. Not this time.

I turned my head and looked out into the trees, but I didn't feel a presence.

"Seems they want you dead," I said.

"They found me at my lowest and promised greatness, but all they brought me was agony. Here." He took out a gold ornament.