Chapter - 93 - The Six Clan Campsite

I hardened the snow around me and laid still. I felt as a force passed by quickly and then nothing.

I couldn't stay down here forever, I got out in the storm and pulled on a mask. Here on out, I had to rely on my senses. No map would help me find the mountain. If anything, I just needed to sense what way the air was pulling.

Non-contracted spirits are extremely powerful. Even if they don't try to, the element they control will get pulled towards them.

I closed my eyes and turned directions. I opened them and a smirk appeared on my face. You can't hide from me Air spirit. I breathed in the cold air and started my journey.

After about a month of traveling through this barren stormy tundra, I saw it in the distance. The mountain. The closer I got, the taller it seemed. The peek was definitely above the clouds.

I prepared myself as I got closer. Expect the closer I got, the more confused I became.

There was a whole campsite out here. I pursed my lips under my mask and activated flight jumps. I sped closer and hid close by to see many strong people. Some looked to be nobility. On the people of nobility, I noticed metal symbols pinned on their clothing. All of the clans were here. Wolf, Turtle, Hourglass, Golden Snake, White Rose, and Vermilion Bird Clan.

I watched from a distance and noticed a lot of guards and one, in particular, looked my size. As the guard came by. I hit the kid over the head and changed quickly. I put the knocked-out kid in my space and walked about. The label on my armor was the Turtle. My face was covered by a helmet, except for small holes made into it for eyes. No one would notice unless they looked closely.

So, I walked over to them and took up some tasks while I peered around the camp. No one questioned my movements as they would never expect a spy all the way out here.

"Crown Prince, I am positive the Wind Spirit will choose you." I looked up to see old men talking to a younger man. He wore royal clothing and walked with the demeanor of royalty.

Though, I lost interest fairly quickly and got back to my task.

"You." I looked up and saw an older man with the turtle logo on his robe.

I bowed.

"Yes?"

"Fetch water for us."

I watched as they entered a large tent. Fuck.

I walked over to the water collection.

"I need some water," I said to the man pulling water from the snow. He turned toward me and I noticed a white rose on his robe.

"I shall not." He looked at me with disgrace.

"Oh suck a dick." I turned toward the snow and swiftly poured water into 7 glasses on a tray.

I picked up the tray and turned quickly away.

What an absolute dick.

Little did I know, the man stood there motionless as he watched me walk away.

Once I reached the tent. I called out.

"Water."

"Come in." I heard.

I stepped in and noticed them all talking. Expect there was a new guest. A girl standing next to the prince. She seemed to be gaining favor but the prince seemed completely uninterested.

I sat down the tray on the table and backed away only to be stopped.

"You know the rules of the Turtle clan no helmets under a roof."

No, no I did not fucking know that.

"Pardon me, but I was just leaving."

"I'm curious, just take it off." The Crown Prince said.l

"Why would you do that? Most of the guards the turtles have been disfigured." An older man spoke up.

I sighed and raised my head.

I reached up and pulled off the helmet and my hair fell down my shoulders. My green eyes shined brightly without a hint of fear.

"Please excuse me." These were my last words as I pulled my hair back up and slipped on the helmet.

I left the tent quickly and slipped into the crowd. These people would help me reach the top of the mountain. It was the middle of June now, but being this far up north meant it didn't matter. The sun only set some of the time. At night the sun still shinned.

At about this time, the kid had woken up. I went into the girl's room filled with bunk beds and laid on one. I closed my eyes and sent my mind into my space. I stood in front of the disfigured kid. He had curly brown hair and brown blue eyes.

"Where am I?" He asked as he sat tied up.

In my space, I presented myself how I wanted to picture myself. Right now I looked like a young girl with a mask on.

"In my space. Don't worry, I won't do harm to you. I just have some questions. Tell me about the clans that are here and especially about what you are all doing here." I sat back in a chair and waited.

"I'll tell you everything on one condition." He said.

"Oh? And what is that?" I asked.

"Most of the children in the turtle clan are bastards Noble Clans don't want. I'm a bastard of a General. I just want to get away from this Turtle Clan. I didn't ask to be a part of it and if given the chance, like I am now, I want to leave."

"Sure thing." My words brought about relief on the boy's face.

"The Clans were formed many years ago after the Demon Emperor. The 6 clans were formally 7 people who killed him. Since then, they have served their new Emperor, one of the clans, who conquered the other 6. 

The Turtle Clan is the one I know the most about, it's made up of Bastard children who need a home. The Turtle Clan also has a special form of fighting only learned by those born of the first wife. The rest learn cultivation but will never be as strong."