Chapter - 117 - Discussion in the Tower

"He thought I was dead," I said. This wasn't a complete lie. But it wasn't like I could tell him I wasn't from this world.

"So, tell me, Theon, what are your powers."

Theon smiled and spoke.

"What are yours?" He asked.

The old man's eyes grew wide.

"Seems you're not as dumb as I thought. Come, follow me."

Master turned and lead us into his study.

"Kobe, while you were gone, you made a lot of people aware of your existence. In turn something, no one thought about, happened."

He picked up a map and laid it on his desk.

Inside was away out of Pangea. And what seemed to be movements of troops drawn on with some sort of moving magic.

"Whoa, I didn't know magic existed," I said.

"Only in little bits. After all, you have to kill a fairy to even get any." He said as he walked around his desk.

I nodded.

"I see," I said.

"Okay, so here's the problem. Have either of you heard of Orion?"

I nodded.

"Are they finally making a move?" I asked.

"Yes." He nodded. "Though this isn't all, I've been contacted by two different races. The Dwarf's sent a letter on hawk wanting an audience with you.  The second race was the Elemental Spirits. They know there is no longer a wind spirit holder and want the Wind Energy back. Speaking of which, are you really able to handle it?"

"Not really." I shook my head. "Ari is helping but without her, I know I would have died already."

Masters' eyes grew wide.

"We need to get this taken care of!" He said as he pulled out a piece of paper.

"Where do they live?" I asked.

"In the forbidden wasteland. There is a specific area in the wasteland called Paradise. But it's covered by many barriers so no one actually knows where it's located."

"Oh, well I was planning to go to the wasteland anyways. Just tell them that. I can meet them halfway or something." I said.

Master paused and looked at me.

"Why would you want to go there?" He genuinely looked shocked.

"I think the spirit of Demon Emperor is there. Maybe he'll be able to enlighten me on the state of things."

Master immediately shook his head.

"That man was crazy Devil! You can't trust him!"

"Master, have you met him?"

Master stopped talking.

"Master, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying, sometimes the winners of history write their own books."

At that moment, Master seemed to realize something.

"Y-you may be right." He turned around grabbed an old brown book from the top shelf. "This book is one of the only books left behind after the war." He opened it up to page 5 and started to read.

"Year 3 of the Demon Emperor, progress on trade has excelled. The Empire has grown dramatically over the first 3 years. The other races are also starting to trade.

Year 4 of the Demon Emperor, the other races have started to move within the borders. The Demon Emperor married a Nymph. Trade has increased." He paused and skipped a few. "Basically the next is just the Demon Emperor and his family. But what I really want to show you is this.

Year 40 of the Demon Emperor,

War has started. The Human God is leading the revolt." He paused and looked up. "In our history today, it tells of how the Human God, and many other God's, died at the hands of the Demon Emperor. But, here it says....Year 42 of the Demon Emperor, a critical fight is lost. The Nymph God is killed by the Human God....it continues like this. The Human God is known to be the strongest God alongside the Devil God." He paused. "Though it begs the question, if this book is true, then that would explain why there is no Human God. Many thought it was a punishment to not have someone leading the Humans, but what I'd the Human God is still alive? And if the Demons spirit is still in this world....so many unanswered questions."

I tapped away on the chair I was now sitting in.

"Seems like I really need to give the Demon Emperor an audience," I said as I sat back in the chair.

"You're not going to go alone are you?" Theon asked.

"No, not this time." I stood up. "Mei, what's your rank?"

"Under master's direction, my Rank is now 4 Level 6."

"Good, you'll accompany me. It's not good to stay cooped up." I said.

"Sounds like a fun adventure."

I smiled as I turned to her.

"Now, time to meet the little ones," I said.

I waved my hands and little Ace and the small toddler named Alex appeared. 

Master and Mei about fell over them selfs.

"Did you have a child?" Master pointed at the toddler who was giggling. 

"No, this little one is the son of an Orion," I said as I picked him up. "And Ace is a Devil I found."

Master laid back in his chair and shook his head. I just snickered to myself as I held the toddler in my arms. He got down and waddled around the room all adorably. Mei put her arms out and happily picked up the toddler.

"He's so cute!" She said. Alex grabbed Mei's face and slapped her cheeks. I laughed and turned my attention back to master. 

"Master, what do you think about all of this?" 

"I think a war is coming. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it's already started."

"No place for children," I said as I looked at Ace who was listening.

"You're going to abandon me?!"

"Did I say that? No, Im giving you to someone I trust." I said.

"Talking about me?" Master asked.

"Only if you want to take them. I won't make you. If not, I'll have to do something different." I said as I thought about anyone else.

"I would, but I'm a busy old man."

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I'll take them," Theon said.

My eyes shot open. 

"I have a Disciple sister who loves children. She will gladly take care of them if I pay her." Theon said.