Chapter - 126 - Spirit God

To my surprise, I was wrong.

"It's been a while." The Spirit God looked past the Elf God to me. His eyebrows knitted. "Did you really call me here for that?"

I whistled.

"Nice to meet you too," I said.

He started to speak but I cut him off.

"Before you continue to hate me, I seriously need your help." I put up my index finger. "Take a break," I said softly.

Ari appeared looking like a normal human. Expect her hair was flowing like water along with her eyes. Was it because she was in the presence of the Spirit God?

The Spirit God's eyes grew.

"Ari!" He yelled. "You made a contact with her?!"

"You condemned a whole race without knowing the full story," Ari said.

"I have the Wind Element inside of me. If I weren't a Devil, I would be dead. I need your help." I said.

The Spirit God's eyes grew.

"You..." Different emotions showed up on his face.

"Like I said." Said Ari.

I could feel Wind Energy getting a little crazy.

"Okay look can we talk about this later, can I transfer the Element please?" I asked.

The Spirit God turned to his right.

A young-looking boy stood next to him.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

The child looked shocked as he looked at him and then at me.

My eyebrows knitted.

"Can he handle it? If I need to wait a few years, I will." Better I feel pain than this child.

The child looked at me and nodded.

"I can do it. I'm actually a lot older than I look. Spirits age slower."

"Oh?" I got down on my knees. "Okay, how do we do this?"

The boy walked forward.

"I'm going to put my thumbs on your temple. It's gonna hurt, a lot."

I hummed and nodded.

"Okay, start when you're ready," I said.

I closed my eyes and waited.

Cold thumbs touched my forehead.

"I'll begin." The child-like voice said.

All at once, unimaginable pain flowed throughout my body. I started to scream bloody murder. It felt like something was being ripped out of every cell in my body simultaneously. The pain in my head was the absolute worst migraine I had ever felt. Still, I had to keep conscious. I bit my upper lip as power flowed out of me. At some point, I couldn't feel anything. I didn't know for how long it lasted, but when it was over, I fell back onto the ground.

When I awoke, I was still outside. Mei was holding me. I guess I wasn't out for long. But my body on the other hand. It felt extremely tense.

I searched inside and saw that my Level actually went up. I was now Rank 5 Level 6. Was I being held back all this time?

"Ari..." I called out.

"Yes, Kobe?" She asked as she kneeled down.

"Hey, now that this is done, if you want, you can return," I said with a smile.

Her eyes grew.

"Kobe, at any point I could have left you. I just decided not to. I enjoy being in a contract with you." She said.

"I'm glad."

I could feel myself healing rapidly, so I was able to stand with the help of Mei.

I looked down and the kid who now looked windblown. With green hair and matching eyes.

"Thank you," I said. "Now I'm sure you want to know what's going on," I said as I looked up at the Spirit God. "I'll tell you after I sit down."

After telling the Spirit God about everything, he was not inclined to believe me but he could also tell I wasn't lying. Something the Spirits had.

It turned out to be very useful.

Afterward, we talked about what to do next.

"I need to speak to a Beast God." I started off with. "He resides with the Sirens."

"Oh?" Said the Spirit God. "The other one is with us. He's been recovering okay, but I'm sure if you helped, he would recover faster."

I nodded.

"That's my plan." I paused. "You wanna come out and say hi or what?" I said out loud.

The Beast Emperor appeared in front of everyone.

"It's been a while." He said as he moved to sit.

"I was a boy when you disappeared." Said the Spirit God.

"I definitely wasn't born." Said the Elf God.

"I was trapped." He said. "She let me out." He said as he turned to me.

The gods looked at me with wide eyes.

I scratched the back of my head.

"What? You're looking at me like I'm not real." I said as I started to move uncomfortably.

"It's just..." The Elf God started. "You're not like the Devils we've met."

I paused.

"Do you think, maybe, the reason the Devils show dislike for your race is because of how you treat them?" I asked. "You showed dislike for me even though you had no idea who I was."

This indeed was like Earth. How many times have whole races been condemned because of the act of a few?

I sighed.

"I'm not saying every Devil is good. I'm saying, don't judge a race by one person. Or even a group of people. It's like if one Elf went and attacked the Dwarfs. You didn't know about it, nor were you involved. So, it shouldn't condemn your whole race."

"Do you have a husband?" Asked the Elf God.

"Piss off," I said as I stood. Why does everyone care if I'm married?!

"I didn't mean it like that." He said putting up his hand. "I'm married. I was just curious if you had married."

I knitted my brows.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said. "Let's interchange beads of power to let each other know if we are in need of assistance. You never know if he will make a surprise attack." After we exchanged beads, I got up to leave. "Oh, and u won't take long, I'll try to be back before days end," I said as left out of the Palace.

My Wind Element was gone so I was obviously not as strong as before. I would have to be careful.

For now, though, I need to see-

My thoughts were cut short.

"Wait!" I heard from behind me.

I turned my head. The kid who was now an Element was running towards me.

"Take me with you." He said as he caught up.

What?

"You sure?" I asked.

"I want to see if you're worthy of the Wind Element." He said. "If you are. I'll form a contract with you."