Chapter - 83 - Discussions in the Wash Room

Mei came in.

"Kobe, I don't know if I can stay here."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"It's about the Nymphs. Your like family to them, but I'm a stranger. Yesterday when you excused yourself, I also left, but as I walked to my room, I heard some Nymphs talking." She said as she fiddled with her dress.

"Mei, what is it?" I asked.

"They said it was already disgusting to have two humans here, but did there really have to be one that isn't even blessed."

I pursed my lips.

"Mei." I put her hands in mine. "Even if you are the kindest and most trustworthy creature on this continent, someone out there will still dislike for any number of reasons. I'm sure you encountered that when you were a Geisha."

"It was easier then. I knew what I was, so I expected it. It's just hard when you haven't done anything wrong."

I smiled.

"But don't you see? It's exactly like that in this place. When you were a Geisha, you were considered lower class. Here, you're a human in a place full of Nymphs who view humans as lower class. Not even worthy of being in their presence. It's just something that is going to happen in this world whether we like it or not. Equality in this world does not exist, and it most likely never will. Still, this shouldn't affect your happiness." I said as I raised my hand to her face. "Okay?"

"You know a lot about how one thinks." She said in shock.

I smiled.

"You could say I took a class on it."

I recalled the old woman and her teaching lessons. I guess she did end up doing some good for me before she died.

"Now, go take a bath, Mei. I'm still in the middle of mine." I said.

"Oh, yes. Sorry for interrupting." She replied as she left.

After she left, I let my robe fall. I turned my attention to my body in the mirror.

I hated that I looked like a child. Though, I was still only 14. I sighed as I sat down to wash my hair. I started to comb through my black hair when I felt movement in my space. The hell?

It seemed Aden wanted out. I waved my hand and let him out. Only for him to turn toward me and immeditally grow embarrassed.

"Kobe!" He yelled out as he turned around.

"Don't start with me. I've been naked so many times in front of you." I said as I scrubbed my hair.

"It's different now." He said.

"Now that you've become a Celestial Beast?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"No, it isn't," I said as I grabbed the water bucket. "You're like my contract beast without a contract."

"Even if I was your contract beast, it would still be improper!" He said.

I sighed as I dumped the water on my head a few times.

After I got the soap out of my hair, I stood up. Aden felt me coming and turned around just in time for me to reach my hand up and grab his face.

"I, Kobe, take you to be my Contract Beast. If you would like me to be your master, please accept this." I pulled Adens face down and kissed his forehead, completing the action.

Immeditally, as the light came, it also vanished.

I stood back and put my hands on my hips.

"Is it still improper?" I asked.

He looked me up and down, and a look of confusion appeared on his face.

"I feel nothing when I look at you like this." I knew he meant he felt no embarrassment.

"The perks of being my Contract Beast," I said. "You'll never feel and romantic attachment to me now. Though, like any other time. You'll want me to live all the same and protect me."

Immeditally I saw sadness on his face.

"Aden? Don't tell me you wanted something to happen between us." I said as I wrung out my hair.

"It doesn't matter anymore, but yes. You could say feelings were starting to grow." He said. "Though, it's better this way. I'm not good enough to be your fated partner."

"Ha!" I laughed out. "Are you talking about the mating forever crap?"

Aden nodded.

"In my previous life, I only ever laid with someone when I wanted to, and even then, there was no real joy in it." I sighed. "Though, I'm guessing it's because of my disgust for human touch."

I spoke all of this as I grabbed my robe.

"Why do you hate touch?" He asked.

"I guess it's about time I told someone," I said as I grabbed a brush. "When I was young, in my previous life. I killed a lot of people with my hands. When I touch someone, I recall the act of killing, and I want to murder who I touch." I finished brushing my hair and looked over at Aden. "And it's disgusting, that my first thought after I touch you, is to murder you."

"Did you have to kill people for money or something?"

"No," I responded. "I killed people because an old woman told me I was a sociopath and I believed her. Though, thinking back, she was definitely the sociopath." I replied as I undressed from my robe and but on my inner garments. The Nymphs had given me one of their green dresses, so I was definitely going to wear it.

"That's a little bit hard to believe," Aden said. "How do you just believe you're a sociopath."

I sighed.

"Because after she taught me 'self-defense '..." I dripped 'self-defense' in sarcasm. "She sent me out on my own. Then, she had her people attack me and I murdered them. In reality, everything she had taught me was on how to kill. I realized that later on after the old woman had already died."

I had finished putting on the green dress, so I started working on putting up a simple half up /half down hairstyle.