Chapter - 55 - I will not marry you

This shocked me and I failed to react even after he took my ring. 

My eyes met his and in that split second my heart actually pounded against my rib cage. 

"Do you think there is any way in the future I could marry you?" 

This question immediately threw me off. 

Still, just as quickly, I regained my composure and knitted my brows. 

"No." I pulled myself from his arms and grabbed my ring.

This shocked him.

"Why is that?" I've already talked it over with your Master. 

I turned toward Master.

He put his hands up.

"I only ever said it was up to you."

I turned my head just as quickly back to the doctor. 

He looked mad and confused.

"Why?" He asked.

"Let me ask. Do you have Concubines?" 

"What? Of course, but you would be my Main Wife." He said. 

"That's the problem. I will never marry a man who has others he lays with at night." My words were something the others hadn't really considered before.  

"What?" The doctor's eyes grew wide.

"I said what I said." I put the ring back on and sat down. 

I could tell Oh MeMei was disappointed. I couldn't blame her. He was flirting with her. 

"I don't love any of them." He sat down next to me. "I would only show affection for you."

"Mmmm." I turned my eyes toward him. "But would you love and only lay with me?"

"I..." 

I could see it in his eyes. He could not promise this. 

"Let's not discuss this anymore," I replied and picked up my teacup. 

The rest of the night was met with a level of awkwardness. We went to bed shortly after and there I laid in my undergarments thinking about earlier. 

I knew I could never marry a man who laid with another female. A man who laid with another did not love me fully and I could not marry unless he did. In this world there was divorce but I doubted I could get out of the marriage unless I killed him.

I closed my eyes. Maybe I would remain a virgin. 

I awoke in the middle of the night to Oh MeMei running in.

I shot up to see her covering her bare chest. I threw my blanket around her and sat her down on my bed.

"What happened?" I asked, but just about then I heard yelling out in the hallway.

Oh MeMei was still shaking and wouldn't say a word. So I walked out into the hallway. 

"What the hell is going on?" I saw the old man yelling at the doctor and the doctor yelling at him. "HEY!" I yelled.

They both turned. 

They saw me standing there in my undergarments. I had a wrap around my chest and a small garment covering my lower section.

Master was used to this though and immediately started talking.

"He tried to rape her." 

5 words that invoked rage I didn't even know I had. 

My eyes met the doctors.

"I suggest you explain yourself before I rip you apart and make you eat your own dick." 

"I did not do anything." He stated. "I heard a commotion in her room and when I went in she was fighting off a man in black. I grabbed her and injured the man. The longer we stay here discussing this he is getting farther away." 

My eyes narrowed.

"Go and find him them. Master, if you don't mind, please follow him so he doesn't escape if this is a lie." 

"I was also thinking of this."

About this time the other doors were opening in the inn to see what all the noise was about. 

"It's fine!" I yelled. "Just a misunderstanding." 

I went into the room and closed the door behind me. 

Oh MeMei was crying as she sat on the bed. I sat down and put her head under my chin. I cradled her crying figure in my arms. After a while, she stopped. 

"Kobe." She whispered.

"Yea?" 

"I know what the man looks like."

"Oh?" I raised a brow.

"He has a tattoo above his left brow and a mole on the right side of his chin." 

"This is enough. Sleep." I poured my healing energy inside of her and slowly she fell asleep. 

I proceeded to get up and put on my own outfit. 

I put on my ring and changed into a black outfit made out of very nice material and a silver mask. Want to hide? I smirked under my mask. You won't be able to.

About that time a knock was heard on the door. I opened it wide and there being held by the doctor was a man in black. 

"Let me see." I reached down and grabbed the mans jaw. Expect this was not the man. "Not him."

"But he's wearing the same clothing and the same shoulder cut." 

I could see the pure terror in the man's eyes as he looked up at me.

"Want to die?" I asked as I trailed my finger down his face.

He shook his head.

"Who? Hmm?" I asked.

"M-master Pu." The man spit out.

"And were might this Master Pu live?" I asked.

"Pine Valley Manor, he is the Manor's oldest son of the younger generation."

"Oh, you really told on your master."

At that, I snapped his neck. He was but a rank 2 so it was of no problem. No to get away from the doctor the Master this man talked about must be of high rank.

"Please dispose of him. For tonight we must pay Master Pu a special visit."

The doctor put him in his space.

"Master please stay with Oh MeMei. The Doctor and I will handle tonight's affairs." 

Master stayed and off me and the doctor went to this Pine Valley Manor. We arrived just before dusk.

"Where do you think this Master Pu is?" I asked the doctor. He was now also wearing a mask. Tho his was just a black cloth.

"Right now we are in the outer courtyard. He is most likely in the inner courtyard."