Chapter - 127 - Siren Island

My eyes grew.

A smile formed on my face.

"I'll keep you around my neck," I said bringing out my hand.

He blinked.

"You know of a Spirits Core?" The child asked.

I nodded.

"Of course I do. Though Ari's was the first I saw, I also encountered the Earth Element. I saved him from a sort of cage he was trapped in." I said as I retracted my hand. "If you're uncomfortable with it, I suppose you could stay in my space..."

Was there even air on there? You could breathe in there, so maybe? I started to scratch the back of my head thinking of where to put him.

"It's okay, I trust you." The child said as he gave me his hand. "If that Earth Spirit trusted a Devil...I trust you."

The anti-lying thing these Spirits had really helped!

I smiled as I extended my hand once more.

He turned into a sort of moving air. His core then formed above my hand. A small green pebble.

I took out some wire from my space and wrapped it around the stone so I could keep him around my neck on a necklace.

After that, we went towards the Array.

Around the Array, Elfs seemed to be waiting. I raised an eyebrow. As I grew closer they all turned toward me and Mei.

One of them spoke first.

"We wanted to apologize for how you've been treated."

I just smiled.

"No need," I said with a nod. "Though if you really want to make up for it, my race isn't called Devil. The name the Deities gave us was Haven, and if you could, I don't think the title Haven Goddess is right for me. Just call me Kobe."

"Kobe, the Beast Tamer." One of them mumbled under his breath.

As I passed by them, I smiled to myself.

The title of Beast Tamer wasn't a title only I had. After all, anyone was technically a Beast Tamer if you Tamed at least one Beast. My mind went back to the boy from that day.

I activated the Array as Mei stood next to me.

To the world, the Beast weren't the only monsters that roamed this land. Havens were also considered Beast in their own right. Even though that boy had no idea I was Haven, his title fit me more than he would ever know.

As the light-flooded my eyesight I closed my eyes.

I will strive to bring together my people. I will become Kobe, the Beast Tamer.

As I opened my eyes, I smiled. I was on the island once again.

I stepped off the Array with Mei. A Siren noticed me and dropped his spear.

I raised my arms.

"I'm here in peace," I said as I stepped off. "I'm here to heal with Beast God. Please go get your Siren God. I have a few words to speak with him."

The Siren turned and ran.

I sat down.

"Whoa..." Mei said behind me.

"Wait until you see Mermaids," I said as I put my chin in my palm. "Their eyes just pop out of their eye sockets."

"What?" Mei asked confused behind me.

"Here I'll show you. They never took it from me and it's still alive for some reason." I said as I pulled out a box. I lifted the lid and the eye turned towards me.

"See," I said as I turned it toward Mei.

Her eyes grew and she stepped back.

"That's so..." She put her hands over her mouth.

I put the box away after that.

"Yea...it's pretty fucked up," I said as I continued forward.

Out of the forest came running Sirens.

I big smile graced my lips as I made eye contact with the same Siren who tried to give me up as a sacrifice.

I put up two middle fingers.

"What's up fucker! Miss me?" I asked with crazed eyes.

The Siren God grasped onto his staff tighter.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to cause a scene, I just want to see the Beast God. I'm here to heal him. I'm a Devil." I said as I stepped forward and dropped my hands. 

The Siren stood his ground.

"I don't trust Devils!" The Siren yelled.

"Then trust him," I said.

The Beast Emperor appeared next to me.

The Siren God dropped to his knees.

"You're traveling with...her?" He looked shocked.

"I can feel him." He said as he turned towards me.

"Me too," I said.

I started forward and the rest followed.

"Say..." I started off as I looked at the Beast God.

He turned towards me.

I switched to English.

"Do you remember Earth?" I asked.

"No." He said as he turned away. "Though, if I recall...I lived quite Primitively." His English was good, but I could tell he had practiced this form. He must have spoken a very primitive language.

"I do remember this though, now that I think about it." He said as he turned towards me. "I recall worship."

So I was right.

"And to think, I was an atheist on Earth," I said as I looked forward.

"Do you plan on worshiping him?" He asked.

"I'm sure whatever form of worship I could conjure up would do him a disservice," I said. Though he was a bastard, he was still the Creator and he gave me a second chance at life. I definitely owed him one. "I don't know, maybe a statue."

I didn't know it, but the Beast God was staring at me with raised brows as we walked.

Mei spoke up behind up.

"Kobe, is that the language you spoke about?" She asked.

"It is. Have you been practicing your letters?" I asked.

She nodded as she rushed up.

"Okay, repeat back to me," I said as we kept walking.

After she finished. I nodded.

"The Language is difficult to learn, but I think with time you'll catch on," I said.

As I finished, we saw the lake.