Valintino - 1 -

Side story for Eliezer_015
____________________________________

As I stared at the documents in front of me, I sighed. I relaxed against the chair, thinking about the dragons.

They refused to meet with me once again. The others looked up to me. There's not much good it does for me, though.

Hated by every race for something an ancestor did.

"Sir."

I heard from behind the door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's happened again."

"Dammit." I said under my breath.

I stood and moved to open the door. A man with black hair and red eyes stared back at me.

One of the most powerful races to exist shriveled down to this pathetic bunch.

"Take me." I said.

He nodded as he took me to a room surrounded by others who all had the same same hair color and eyes.

Disgusting.

The only thing that came to mind seeing the sadness on their faces. One in particular made my blood boil.

"What happened." I asked the bawling man on the ground.

He looked up at me, tears streaming down his face.

"Anni....she....her and the baby...."

I turned and opened the door. The scene was enough to make anyone vomit.

A bloodied crib along with a scared up Devil holding a bloodied body. Her body rocking back and forth.

"Anni." I said as I walked in.

She looked up at me.

Her face covered in dry blood.

"I saved him." She said, smiling while tears rolled down her cheeks. I would say I felt sorry for her. But this was the 3rd baby she had murdered.

I took out my sword.

"Wha-"

Her voice was cut off by her head flying off her shoulders. Blood coming out of her neck as her body fell over.

"Bag." I said.

The man who called himself my attendant came in with a body bag. The same man who had grown used to my ways.

While he grabbed the head, I grabbed her body. A body and head that had already begun to heal. Soon, they would reattach.

"Have cleaners come in. I'm taking the woman to Gehenna."

"Yes."

I grabbed the bag and closed my eyes. I appeared in front of a cave. As I made my way inside, I made fire appear before me.

My calmness disappeared. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. That baby was the first in 20 years. No one wanted to populate the area in fear of their child being taken captive and experimented on. This was hope.

As I got closer, the air surrounding me became increasingly hot.

The chasm appeared before me as I turned a corner. As I held the bag tighter, I could feel movement as I tossed the bag up into the air.

Screaming was heard from with in as she desended into the chasm. You had to be calm to teleport. Her fate was sealed.

Live forever my ass.

What happens if your whole body burns up faster than it can heal itself?

I closed my eyes and teleported back in front of the mansion.

-----------------

"You will marry my daughter?" The man across me questioned.

I tapped my index finger on the chair.

"Heal my body." I said.

His smile extended from ear to ear.

A miracle doctor he was called. I sure hoped so. How was I supposed to be respected with these scars?

I was lucky enough to get invited to the upcoming Nymph wedding. There, I could finally make connections, and here I was with a face full of scars.

As the days passed, my scars did dimish somewhat, but there was still more that could be done. What to do?

The Nymph Wedding was soon. The doctor was invited to as he had healed some Nymph.

Forget it, I'll wear a mask.

At dinner that night, the doctor brought up the wedding. His daughter sitting quietly across from me. A pretty girl. Too bad she was human.

"They agreed to my daughter attending." He said.

I nodded as I slipped some meat in my mouth.

"I think it would be a good time to make something clear." The old man said with a smile.

I paused.

After this wedding, I'm definitely leaving.

------------

Staring down at the naive girl in my arms was enough to make my whole year. All I had to do was bring this pure devil back with me. Who would have thought I would encounter something I had never seen before. A pure devil. Such a rare existence was living right under my nose.

Mixed race my ass.

I have to stay with her.

No, I can't.

I must make a place for her.

She will be sought after once she is found out. I must make it safe for her. She shall make me the most respected man.

------------

"Is it ready?" I asked Luis. The man I had finally accepted as my attendant.

"Yes, though I hear troubling news." He said.

"Yes? What about?" I asked as I stared in satisfaction at the room that was ready for my fiance.

She would be perfect.

The Devils were behind her. She just didn't know it as of yet.

"She has made herself known in the human war." He said.

I froze.

"She is not participating in that war. Are you serious?!" Rage filled my bones. "Fucking dumbass. I shall go collect her. Humans do not care about her. Humans are as fickle as they come."

-----------

I stood at the edge of the camp looking in.

For a moment, I was nervous, but I had to get her out of here. I've received word. She's a dead woman if she stays here. The other Devils are holding them back as best as they can for fear they lose this child.

Our only hope.

As I got close, a guard ran up to me.

"State your name and purpose." Said the puny human.

"I'm here to see the woman known as Kobe." I said.

The guard raised a brow.

"I don-"

I cut him off by walking around him.