Chapter - 108 - To the Battlefield

"Why did you take it upon yourself to torture those girls?" He asked.

I remembered my past life.

"Look at her! Screaming out like someone's going to hear her!" My worst nightmare in my past life.

I lay on the ground with tears streaming down my face. I was only a child but these girls didn't care. They knew they couldn't kill me so they just inflicted damage.

My grandmother knew because nothing got past her, but she told me this was my problem to take care of.

I knew what she wanted. She wanted me to kill them. And later on, I did.

I was brought back to reality by LinYun.

"Hey, you good?" I heard it next to me.

I just flipped my hair over my head and walked to the tub.

"Let's just say, I know what it feels like to be told you're a monster by monsters who just wanted to inflict pain," I said as I got in the tub. "Now, please, I really don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Kobe."

I turned my head toward him.

"Yea?" I replied.

"Being strong doesn't mean you have to be alone." He said as he got up. "I know I'm not the one who you will have and that is fine, but at least find someone who you can share yourself with."

My eyes were big as I watched him leave.

Over the next few months, we discussed battle strategies and came down to one. After that, we all headed out to the battlefield to finish this war once and for all.

But before I left, I had to let the blue and black tiger back into the forest.

"I was really enjoying your company you know." She said.

"You need to learn your path, there are many other humans on this continent. I am but one." I said with a smile. "May we meet again."

And off she went. I wore winter clothes now as it was late November. In almost 2 weeks, I would be 16. And I would be face to face with a battlefield.

I was stuck at Rank 5 Level 1. So Experience is what I decided I needed.

On the day I turned 16, we reached the battlefield. I yawned as I left the carriage. Aden had been taking care of the baby during this time and he had grown up nicely by what I saw during my check-ins.

Aden apparently had little siblings in his past life so he had no problem taking care of the baby.

I was able to focus on getting stronger and I really appreciated it.

As I stood looking over at the stalled battle, I wondered why the other side decided to wage war against these two empires. They knew they would have to push back a large army from the opening of two mountains. Then somehow find a way to outflank them.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked out over the landscape.

They could try the forest but we already have spies watching there and there was no movement except for traders.

I really could not fathom why they decided to start a war knowing it would be practically impossible to win. Especially since this was the only way they decided to assault these empires.

Hell, even food wasn't hard to get. Did they forget one of these empires is home to the biggest fishing industry on this continent? No one would be starving this winter unless they were dumb enough to live far away from the docks. Which most weren't, during late autumn most moved closer to the docks knowing there would be no stable trade thanks to the previous Beast Stamped.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard behind me. I knew it was Tiv. Ever since the incident with the little girl, she actually started to trust me. Her maturity also grew as well during this time of war.

"A little bit of everything," I said as I looked out at everything.

"I heard it was your birthday today." She said.

"Mhm." I nodded as I looked out over the camp. I could see them setting up new larger tents for all of us.

"Why don't you celebrate it?" She asked.

Celebrate it? I shrugged.

"I'd much rather celebrate someone else's life instead of my own," I said what I truly felt and realized right after that, that I had opened up to much.

I turned to say something to make it not sound so bad but all I saw was pity when she looked at me.

"There's so much to celebrate about one's self. You lived another year! That's celebration enough." She said with a small smile.

I could tell she was trying to be optimistic.

I sighed.

"I also just fucking hate birthdays." After all, I just happened to be born on my mother's birthday. The old hag told me the day was no happy day and that getting a year old meant nothing to no one.

That made Tiv's eyes grow wide and she just shook her head.

"Is there anything you don't hate?" She asked.

"I can't say I hate you." These words made Tiv look away. Before I could say anything more, I heard Freya below the hill.

I turned around and started heading down with Tiv following far behind.

As I walked down, I felt instant danger coming from behind. I was able to react and quickly moved away and towards Tiv.

As it shot towards her, I saw it. It was faster than me. She tried to move but was too slow.

Every second seemed to last forever. I watched in horror as the arrow flew straight into her head, instantly killing her.

"NO!" I screamed.

Grief filled every part of my body as I watched her fall into my arms. Completely lifeless.

I couldn't hear anything but my own heartbeat within my ears. It felt like something in me broke.