Chapter - 33 - Skill Learning

"Must be nice." She sighed.

"It is, but I am limited. I can only cultivate in a certain circumstance and I can only learn Pure Element techniques. I've learned two so far. Though it was pure luck knowing any of that. Still, I should have known because the book was from an old Monetary."

"Wow, that does sound restrictive."

I nodded.

After that, Oh MeMei took a break from cultivating and did other things. I continued to learn Chinese and so the days went as such.

By my birthday I had learned quite a bit and reached Rank 2 Level 5. I had not had that many chances to cultivate as the snowfall had drastically increased.

Oh MeMei on the other hand was able to cultivate inside and she was at Rank 1 Level 3. She also started to research with Martial Arts she wanted to learn.

The day I said I turned 12 was the same day in my past life. I just made it all up as I went along to what made sense.

The days passed once more and soon it was New Years'. Master showed me and Oh MeMei how to make firecrackers and we were able to set them off right before. It was quite fun for us.

Around this time, Aden also went into a deep sleep. Master said he was getting one step closer to becoming a Celestial Beast.

I was happy for Aden.

Winter continued and didn't let up until Spring came and I was able to leave the tower as the snow started to melt. I was also now able to read by myself when it came to simple phrases and such. I was very happy with myself.

Oh MeMei had leveled up again and was Rank 1, Level 4. Also, around this time Master said he was going into closed-door cultivation to Level up as he was close. The higher one cultivated meant the more time a person had to put into reaching a higher level and Rank.

I knew this by now also. He was in closed-door cultivation for a little bit and I myself also entered my own state within the water. I leveled up within days and left. I was now Rank 2, Level 6. I was happy with my progress and finally opened the Martial Arts book Aden had given me. I was able to read most of what the next Marital Art asked of me.

It was called Flight Jumps. This Martial Art required me to be Rank 1, Level 5 which I was past so I was able to learn the basics within a few days.

Flight Jumps was a better version of Flight Steps. You could jump up and in turn catch the air use your power in your feet to soar forward quickly to reach your target a lot quicker.

I worked on making this skill a sixth sense while I then researched the next skill. This one was called Force Block.

I got into the stance and breathed in deep.

"Okay! Master send it over!" I gave a cheeky smile.

"Alright, Kobe." He got his hands ready and sent out a small airball. It flew through the air and as it got closer, I closed my eyes, and when I opened them right before it hit. The air hit my arms dead on.

I was ready for pain.

Expect there was no pain.

"Oh." I stood and looked at my unaffected arms. "It works."

"Hold on, let's do earth," Master spoke up.

Earth?

I knitted my brows.

"Alright," I said and got back in position. This time I was a little scared but I just stood still as the rock ball flew towards me. I did what I did before and sent my power threw out my arms. Then I closed my eyes and right before it hit I opened them to meet it right on.

The rock hit my arms and immediately broke into small rocks.

"Ha!" I pointed at the rock.

"What book did you say you had?" Master asked.

"Oh, this one," I said and threw it at him.

He grabbed the Martial Arts book and opened it up. Then his mouth dropped instantly.

"Kobe."

"Yea?" I asked as I walked over. "What is it?"

"This book isn't just a Pure Book. It's a Holy Book."

"A what?" I raised a brow.

"Basically, since you have a Pure Body, the more you learn these skills, the closer you will get to a Holy Body. Now a Holy Body can only happen once your Rank 10, but you can be sure, once your that Rank and you have these skills....you will be a force to be feared, my Disciple." Master said.

"Whoa! How many of these are out there?" I asked.

"Only a few my little one. You are a very lucky little one." Master smiled and patted my head. 

Time passed once more as I continued to study these skills. The next skill was called Enhanced Life. All the book said was that only a Pure Body could learn this skill and that besides that it was unsure of what it did.

I was a little confused, but someone came up with it the skill at one time, so why shouldn't I try it out.

All it had in what to was to place your hands together stand straight in your most calming place.

Mine was in that water ball so that's what I did.

Slowly it was as if my power on its own traveled to my hands and a warm feeling filled my body. I stood like this while the power flowed freely through my body.

Expect something unexpected happened.

My stomach started to cramp like crazy. I knitted my brows and the warm feeling disappeared. I opened my eyes and held my stomach.

Why was my-

Oh shit!

The water fell down and I ran quickly to the tower.