Chapter - 122 - Finding an Array

Law of Nature.

"The absolute Law of the Universe..." I said out loud.

"So tell me, you want peace, now how will you achieve it?" He asked.

"Before that, I just have one question," I said.

"Mmmm? Go ahead."

"Why do this?" I asked. "I know you're not governed by something you created, but couldn't you destroy it? Or at least make some exempt like me? Really it boils down to this. Why me?"

"You're not wrong child. I can do anything I wish. Which is why I'm doing this. Tell me, would you say you're happier, yes or no?"

Happier? I hadn't thought about it.

I nodded.

"You're not the first creature I've helped and you won't be the last. And even if you never realize it, I am helping you. So tell me? How will you achieve Peace?"

"Am I allowed to do what I want?" I asked.

"Of course, I gave all races free will."

I continued, "Can I at least have a hint on what to do?"

Power seemed to envelop me.

"Remember, everyone is guilty of doing the right thing for the wrong reasons and doing wrong things for the right reasons." He said.

As he finished, my body felt like it was getting pushed away.

I opened my eyes to see light surrounding my body.

"KOBE!" I heard beyond the light.

"I'm okay, stay back," I said as I felt myself lifting up.

Then all at once, I touched the ground and the light disappeared. I didn't feel much different, but I did feel like I could perceive more.

"Oh wow." I turned to Mei.

"What?" I asked.

"Your hair."

My what?

I picked up a bit and looked at it. My hair was white. My eyebrows knitted.

"Are my eyes still green?" I asked as I looked up.

She nodded.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I spoke to some Deities and the Creator," I said. "I'm the new Devil Goddess. I don't feel much different though."

"Whoa." She said with a nod of her head.

"Well, do I look old now?" I asked as I looked more at my now white hair.

"You look ethereal."

I looked up.

"I do?" I asked as I scrunched up my brows. "How so? I'm certainly not a traditional beauty."

"I think you'd be surprised how stunning I could make you with a little prep time."

I looked over at where the Devil God once was and smiled. A small jade pendant laid on the ground.

I dropped down and picked it up.

"Did the man drop it?" She asked.

"He moved on," I said as I stood. I walked out of the room and down the stairs until I saw the large portrait. His wife wore it around her neck.

I smiled brightly.

"He really did love her," I said as I held it within my palm.

"What will we do now? It seemed pretty anti-climatic for me." Said Mei.

"Gotta talk to some Elfs," I said as I turned on my heels.

"Elfs? How would we even find any?" She asked as she followed behind me.

"By using a teleportation array," I said. "Just gotta load it up."

"Wait, I thought. We were going to Paradise. Why are we now talking to the Elfs?" She asked.

"Simple, I have no idea where this paradise is located. And this wasteland seems pretty fucking huge, so I might as well just find an array. After all, I can kind of sense them." I said as we exited the black castle.

"What about the castle?" She asked.

I looked up at it and smiled.

"Leave it. I don't think it's going to last long anyway." I said as I turned my attention to the land in front of me.

Arrays weren't just made randomly. They were made where pure energy was at its highest. Because traveling through space apparently required a ton of it. How Evil Blooded Devils were able to teleport with Dark Energy still blew my mind. It seemed to be the complete opposite of what the actual Law stated.

But this also begged the question, why couldn't I potentially teleport? Who knows. Truly, one for the books.

I closed my eyes and began to search the area for any remaining pure energy. What made these pockets? Who knows, maybe the deities just blessed it at one point. I really had no idea and to be quite frank it wouldn't affect me very much either way.

Well or so I thought.

After a while of this, I finally started to sense something. The good thing about this wasteland was its sand. That meant I could just use my wind energy. So that's what I did. I dug through the sand until I reached something almost marbled.

"Mei, come over here and grab onto me," I said as I put out my hand.

She slid down the sand and held on.

"What are you gonna do?" She asked.

"Create a tornado of sorts."

Before she could reply, I closed my eyes and started to move the wind energy around.

Though I had no real technic for this, so it was bound to be a little messed up. I scrunched up my brows as I started to move the sand up and around myself. Then, all at once, I pushed away the air with wind energy and in turn, sand went flying away from me. I created a huge crater around us.

A sort of broken teleportation array appeared under me.

I nodded to myself.

"Alright, Mei I'm gonna need you to stand over there. Once I've activated the array, we can leave. Okay?"

She stood straight and looked at me.

"That was terrifying." She said.

I froze some as I looked at her.

"I wonder, do you think I could be that frightening one day?" She asked with a smile.

Ha...

"Yea, I do," I said with a smile. I forgot, Mei knows I would never hurt her. She trusts me. Were they just scared? Would they take it back if I went to see them? I thought of Freya and the rest.

Not the time to think about that.

Mei went over and stepped off into the sand.

I started the chant. Like before, the Array platform lit up. Green flooded the array, the Wind spirit element. Second, dark blue, the water spirit element. Third, a bright white, the Nymph Blessing. Fourth, pink, Fairy Blessing. Fifth, and final, maroon, the Dragons Blessing.