Chapter - 121 - Conversing with Deities

"Yea no she's right." The man said as he sat down. "This old man trapped me inside a while ago."

"Please tell me you know about the Mermaids," I said. "Or even the almost extermination of the Dragons."

They all looked at each other. 

"Of course not," I said as I looked away. "Look, Pangea is in some deep shit, and I don't know what the fuck you guys have been doing up here, but come on? Seriously? You didn't think to check on Pangea?"

"We gave other worlds to take care of, we kinda forgot about it." One of them said.

My mind stalled.

"So, you're telling me you just happened to forget about Pangea?" I asked.

Another nodded.

"Bullshit," I said crossing my arms. "That is complete bullshit and you all know it. You should feel ashamed of yourselves. You're all gonna look at me and tell me you forgot about a world I entered a couple of years ago?! Who put me there? Huh?"

"Do you enjoy talking to your gods this way?" One of them asked.

"Oh save it!" I yelled. "You don't want to take care of a world that is about to be enslaved, fine. I'll do it. Trash the lot of you!" I was so pissed off right now.

"You don't want our help?" Another asked.

"Have you offered it?" I asked.

"We can make you the new Haven God." Another said.

My mind froze for a moment, I was pissed but also curious.

"What's that?" I asked.

"What you are." Another said. "You're a part of the race we created are you not? The pure and evil bloods?"

I blinked.

"There are different names for it. The Nymphs call us Omens and the Humans call us Devils." I replied.

"Huh, well, in any case, I can give you the title. You'll grow much faster." Another said.

"Okay, well that sounds fine, there are just 2 issues," I said putting up my fingers.

They looked at each other.

"First, release the Beast God," I said pointing at the man who was busy pulling at the grass. "Second, could you please give me a spirit to inhabit the Wind Element that is currently ragging inside of me?"

One of them snapped their fingers and the golden ornament disintegrated and the Beast God was free.

He stood and looked over at me.

"You really released me." He said.

"I have no need for you to be a prisoner," I said. "If anything, I would appreciate your help with the crazy Human God who's definitely going to try and kill me."

"Yea no problem. Though, I need to find the two Beast Gods. They were hurt pretty bad by that old man."

"I know where one is," I said. "But we can talk about that later." I turned to the Deities.

"We don't have a Spirit for you. You'll have to talk to the Elf God. He should be able to help you get in contact with the Spirit God." One of them said.

"Right..." I crossed my arms and tapped my chin. "Well, I guess we're done here." Wait! I remembered something. "Can't you guys take that power away from the Human God?"

"Not possible." One said. "Though, I can help you out with that other God's and Goddesses. Every God and Goddess has been in this plane of existence."

"Bullshit," I said crossing my arms. "You're telling me out of these thousands of years not one God or Goddess has brought up what happened to the Dragons and Mermaids? Not a one?"

"Didn't allow them to talk." One said.

"Oh? And I'm so different?" I asked as I clenched my hands.

They grew quiet.

"Look, I know you have other worlds to take care of...it's just, you've got to give me a better answer to this. I mean how do you neglect a world to this degree? It's practically falling apart and you have the audacity to say you just forgot? I mean, what's the point?" I truly felt like a rat in an experiment.

"We are not perfect Deities." One said.

"We were once like you." Another responded.

"We govern because the Creator asked us to." Another finished.

Huh.

"So you're blaming your carelessness on 'your' God?" My words made everyone grow very quiet. Reminds me of earth.

Out of nowhere, I heard laughing.

"Im sorry, what the fuck?" I said looking around. Who the fuck was laughing all around me?

All of the Deities immediately bowed.

My eyes grew, oh shit I've done it now.

"You're a funny one." I heard all around me. Its voice boomed like Thunder. It made anyone who heard it want to drop down in reverence. I'm sure at one point this Creator wanted to be worshiped by all. Was that why he created so many worlds?

My thoughts were cut short by his question.

"Tell me, what do you want?"

"Peace," I said truthfully. "I have no interest in governing or traveling the world anymore. I just want peace."

"What a hero you've turned out to be."

"Hero?" My brows knitted.

"No, I suppose from where you come from, you would be referred to as an Anti-hero."

"You make it sound like you've been watching me," I said.

"You're correct, I have. I sent you to Pangea to see what you would do. A child with no happiness. I wondered if you would find any."

"What do I call you?" I asked.

"My name has been lost for many decades. Even if I told you, you'd never be able to understand it. But for you, you can call me whatever you wish."

"Bastard." Without hesitation.

"Ha! What an attitude."

"So can you take away that human's abilities?" I asked.

"Absolutely, but you'd have to deal with the consequences." He said.

"Consequences?" I asked.

"I have absolute power. After all, I created everything. But I also created the Law of Nature. A force that governs everything when I'm not looking. You could even call it Karma. Every cause will have an effect."