Chapter - 98 - Speaking with Theon

My anger was so great. The air and ground around me started to ice over.

The man below me stopped screaming at a certain point, but I just kept stabbing.

"DIE, DIE, DIE!" I screamed. How dare this scum touch me!

I kept stabbing until I felt a familiar hand on my left shoulder. My motions stopped and I came back to my senses. The man below me was but a mess of flesh.

My whole body was covered in blood.

I felt something cover my body.

I looked up to notice my brother standing there.

"What did he do?" He asked.

"Assaulted me," I replied.

Immediately, I saw pure killing intent enter his eyes.

I stood up and looked down at the mutilated body.

"He's gone."

My brother took his fire element and burned the body until there was no more.

"Your eyebrows and hair are pretty much gone," He said.

"I know."

"Here." I looked up to see my brother holding out a pill. "This pill won't fully grow back everything right away but it will accelerate the growth of the hair. Though I do warn you, you may need to shave more often."

Without hesitation, I swallowed the pill and looked around. The last thing I cared about was looking nasty in front of my brother.

When I was falling, I felt an air-like force when I came down here. Was the air spirit down here?

I looked down and saw my brother going through the man's cosmo sack. I was glad he didn't burn it. If he did, all the items in the sack would have been scattered all over the world for others to find. It's how ancient artifacts have lasted so long. 

"Is there anything in it?" I asked.

"Yes, two very interesting objects."

He brought them out and sat them down.

The area around us was lit up by my brother's fire, so I saw the objects fine.

"I've heard about these in legend. Many years ago, a blacksmith was born with the ability to sense all kinds of spirits. He created 6 treasures with this gift. The 1st one was created with the power to speak to any spirit. The 2nd and 3rd ones glow when any high-level spirit is close. The 4th glows when any weapon or object is possessed by a spirit. The 5th and 6th are actually possessed by spirits. The 5th holds the Spirit of the Dragons and the 6th is said to hold the spirit of the Beast Emperor."

"Wait, wait, wait, the spirit of the Dragons and Beast Emperor? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Whoever holds the Dragons Spirit, controls the dragons. It used to be something the Dragon God granted but was stolen by him. Now for the Beast Emperor....the man basically sealed him away and heavily wounded the two Godly Beasts. How much do I believe that? I'm not sure."

"All I can say is what I've seen," I said. "I've met one of the Beast Gods. Apparently, he is heavily injured and the Beast God hasn't been seen in a long time."

Theon looked up at me and raised a brow.

"I've never laid my eyes on one all the years I've lived and yet you have...you really are something, my little sister."

I shrugged.

"I suppose, but getting back to those, what do they do?"

"I have no idea, I just know they are a part of that set."

"Hmmm..." I picked up the two and the 2nd one glowed vibrantly. "Well, I know what this one does. I suppose this other one talks to the spirits." I said as looked up at my brother.

"Which contract do you have?" He asked.

"I've contracted the Water Spirit," I replied.

"How did you manage that? The 4 main spirits hate Devils."

"Of course they do." I just shook my head. "When she wakes up, I'll let her decide whether she wants to stay with me or not," I said as I took out a new set of clothes. I was very bloody, but it wouldn't hurt to change clothes.

"So why did you come here? To contract the Wind Spirit?" He asked as he turned away.

"Well, it won't hurt to try I suppose. And even if the Wind Spirit doesn't want me, well at least I've helped it out with whatever situation this is."

"I suppose you're correct. Though, now that we have killed so many people from prominent family's and that prince...they will be looking for who did it." He said.

"Your right, I'll have to keep my head down even more now." I sighed as I finished with my new set of clothing. 

"Oh?"

"I saved some of those clan members from death so they started hunting me down for the  Water Spirit," I said as I began to look around.

"And that's why you don't help strangers," Theon said as he followed behind me.

I shrugged.

"I would rather help someone in danger and think about the consequences later. I'm not a malicious person. I don't kill people who don't threaten me and I don't harm the weak." I closed my eyes and used this trinket on my hand to sense where the Wind Spirit was.

"Your ideals are how I use to be," Theon said behind me.

"Really? Why did they change?" I asked.

"I suppose just growing up in the world where everyone used everyone for their own personal gain."

I started to laugh.

"True, humans really love doing that, but I still believe there are humans out there that are not like this. People I would like to meet." I said.

"I can't say I haven't met people like that. My Master is dead, but when he was alive, he taught me quite a lot and showed me how to control my tendencies."