Chapter - 48 - The Snow Trees

I frankly couldn't give two shits one way or the other. I just wanted to see some trees.

Me and Oh MeMei both took horses from the mountain and made our way down. We also opted to dress more casually.

I really had no desire to be noticed.

This was a vacation and I wanted it to say that way.

If anything Oh MeMei was noticed more. Then again. She had a nice set in the front and her shape was what most men desired.

With this thinking in mind, I gripped my reigns tighter.

In my previous life men always fell for my looks. They always tried their hand with me and sometimes I would fuck them. To be loved by someone if only for a night was comforting in its own right.

Now though, I can't do that. I will have to get married. I can't just fuck anyone anymore when I get older. I will have to be married to retain some sort of a good reputation. But there was just one major problem, if anyone took the title of noncommittal when it came to marriage, it would be me.

I disliked the idea as a whole and never even had a boyfriend. Then again no boy ever wanted to stay with me when I had my scar. That, in itself, turned everyone away.

Maybe being a Virgin forever wasn't so bad...

Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to have to get married. I know myself too well. In my past life sex was my way out. Hell, I even owned sex toys.

I shook my head. I would cross that road when I get to it. For now, I was only 13. I still had a while before I needed to work about who I was gonna get dick from.

So like this, the traveling went. Me and Oh MeMei stayed at different Inns along the way and reached the Snow Tress just before the leaves would grow in.

I could see small tinny buds where the leaves were about to grow in.

Me and Oh MeMei set up camp in the middle of the forest with a tent. The whole forest would look dead if it wasn't for the green grass below our feet. It was very weird to see dead looking trees but very green grass below us.

That night we slept after we ate and the next morning I awoke to beauty.

My mouth gaped as I gazed at the Snow Trees. The leaves were pure white without one blemish. I put up my hand to one and felt the leaves. They felt soft for some reason and I almost got a friendly feeling from the tree itself.

Oh MeMei was also out and stood still taking in the beauty around us.

"I think this was a good vacation Oh MeMei." I said with a smile.

"This was most definitely a very good idea." She said in happiness.

Though our happiness was short-lived. To the right me and Oh MeMei heard yelling.

"Fucking dammit. I swear they better keep their life over there."

"That's a little heartless Kobe." She said.

"It's called not giving a shit," I responded while I went back into the tent. It was still early and I wanted to sleep in.

"THEY TOOK MY SPOT!" I heard a yell from outside.

I grumped. My head peeked out of the tent to see a girl with her hands on her hips followed by a bunch of people. The girl looked to be well off.

I saw Oh MeMei shaking a little and knew she was scared of dealing with them.

I decided to get up and take a stand.

"Do you all need something? We are trying to enjoy the forest." I spoke calmly.

"I need you to move!" The girl yelled.

It was almost like I could feel that the forest didn't like the yelling. I could feel it swaying more and more.

"I would stop yelling if I were you," I said again calmly.

"How dare YOU tell ME-" too bad she was cut short by a tree slapping her in the face with a branch.

I immediately busted out laughing.

I turned in happiness to a tree and touched its trunk softly.

"I agree with your actions." I didn't really speak to the tree but to the forest as a whole.

"Ow!" The girl held her face and others came to her rescue. "You did this!" She yelled and pointed a finger at me.

"Me? No, sadly I did not. The forest doesn't like you." I replied.

"The forest? Ha! The forest doesn't have feelings!" The girl got up and just kicked a tree. Immediately the people around her who remained quiet all got pale and took steps back.

"Oh she's done it now," Aden spoke up.

At that moment the air almost grew still and then out of nowhere white vines grew out of the ground and started ripping at her.

The girl screamed in horror but no one helped her. I saw an almost happy grin on most of the people she came with.

And just like that the girl was ripped apart by the limbs and thrown far away.

After the scene, the people apologized for her and just left. I wondered if they would go back to where ever she was from without having her.

In any case, it wasn't my problem. If anything, I learned this forest was alive. Interesting...

For the rest of the day me and Oh MeMei talked and laughed with each other. By night we had picked up dead twigs and made a small fire.

"Kobe, have I ever told you about how I became a Geisha?" Oh MeMei asked.

I shook my head.

"When I was younger my father was very against me becoming a geisha so he tried his hardest to make it's so I could get married as a Concubine if anything, but as life goes he had no choice and I became a Geisha like the rest of my sisters who couldn't capture a man's heart."