Chapter - 59 - Green Eyes

"I know." I slowly fell back asleep and woke up with newfound energy.

I yawned and looked out the window to see the sun was rising. I must have slept the whole day yesterday. I felt stiff so I stretched my limbs and moved from the chair.

I was still wearing the same clothes but this was fine if anything I just needed to go upstairs and freshen up.

I hummed to myself as I walked up the stairs. I need to reach Rank 3 Level 6. I thought.

But I froze.

I touched my wrist and gasped. What the actual fuck?!

How the hell am I level 6? I was close but this...this went against the basic foundations of cultivation.

Maybe because I recalled memories of the past?

I could not put my finger on it at all. I just shook my head and kept walking. I freshened up and headed to the kitchen.

I walked in and Mei turned around just to drop her pan.

"The hell! Mei!" I yelled and ran over.

"K-Kobe, what happened." She asked as she grabbed my face.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

She reached down for me to look.

My eyes weren't black anymore but a very bright green.

"MASTER!" I yelled and high tailed it to his study.

"Wha-" He walked out and saw me.

"My eyes!"

"Oh my, this can't be." He said as he drew closer.

"Master?" I wanted an explanation!

"Have you ever heard of the Celestial Beings?"

"I'm 14."

"Right, well, there's a legend of superhumans that were worshiped as gods. Here let me show you."

Master went into his study and came out with an old book.

"Here."

I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge.

"The hell? Is there some kind of curse or spell on this?"

"Put your pure power in it," Master spoke up.

I did as he said and the book opened.

"Rad." I turned my body and walked into the study. I turned to the first page and sat down. Except the book wasn't written in Chinese, but some time of old English. "What the hell?"

How long had it been since I saw Engish of any kind?

Master looked over my shoulder.

"It's the ancient language of this land."

About to surprise you with this one.

"I can read it," I spoke up.

"Of course you can." My Master laughed and sighed.

I shrugged.

"I'll read it aloud. Though some of it I'm unsure of how to translate it so bare with me.

'June the 7th in the 200th year after the Demon Emperor.

I am Arantxa Langston. I came to this world with my 4 siblings.

Here we are worshiped for our green eyes and dark hair. Many say we were sent down from their God's and others say we are monsters, but one thing is for certain. In this world, my siblings and I are very powerful. We came here with the talent for, what these people call, Cultivation.

My siblings and I are trying our very hardest to learn the customs of this land while we find a way to return home. Though, if I'm being honest, I do not think we will get home any time soon. It looks to me this was a one-way trip. It makes me wonder how my family is faring, but I suppose they are just fine.

This is the end of my first entry.'"

I paused and looked up.

Master was sitting down staring at me.

"This...you must be a descendent." He said.

"Master, this doesn't make any sense. Unless time works differently here. From her speaking, the time difference between us would be 1000 years in my world, but here she spoke about the 200th year, but we are well past that now. Hell, from what you've told me, we are in the 896th year after the Great Disaster, and even before that, it was the so-called Dragon Extinction period that lasted for about 6000 to 7000 years so do you see why none of this makes any sense for me."

He nodded.

"I understand this, but this doesn't mean the body you have is not a descendent of these people," Master said.

I sighed and laid back in my chair.

He was right. This body could very well be a descendent.

"Still," I spoke up. "The bloodlines have to be mixed. How come I have the power?"

"You must keep in mind that in this world people live for 100's of years when they are strong. It is very possible that you are not that far down their lineage."

He made another good point. I didn't have green eyes in my past life, so this was the only explanation that made any sense.

"In my memories, the people I think to be my parents didn't have green eyes," I said.

"This could be of several reasons. You didn't have green eyes when I first met you. Maybe it only happens when you have a stronger bloodline." Master responded.

"Makes sense."

I nodded and laid back in my chair.

"Did I ever tell you, you are mature for your age?" Master asked.

"In my past life, I was in my early 20's."

"How did you die?" He asked.

"Hit my head I guess."

"Mmm." Master nodded and laid back in his chair.

"I'm such a mystery," I spoke up after a while.

"You're not wrong about that, but there's nothing wrong with mystery," Mei said behind me.

I turned around to see her holding a tray of cookies.

"I wish my life was as exciting as yours." She said as she sat down the tray. "I've lived my whole life without any mystery. I know where I've come from, and my life was pretty much set up for how it would end." She looked up at me. "Until you showed up and for that, I will thank you always."