Chapter - 64 - TuZan Empire

I also learned that there was a cliff that overlooked the ocean and that was where the palace was. But the only way to get there was to first get into the Empire itself, enter the inner walls, and be invited by the Emperor himself through the large walls.

This would definitely be difficult, but only in the Emperor killed my family. Then again, they might not even be dead.

After a week of learning about this Empire, I started for the outer wall. It was apparently guarded by Rank 2's I was a little shocked by this, but I was still able to slip by at night and get inside.

By morning I noticed a lot of rich people. Looking humble here would only tell people I'm supposed to be here, so I put on a set of black clothing that was made of nicer material, and made my way through the crowds.

I noticed shops, but they only sold fine goods and every restaurant only sold food worth a lot of copper or even silver for one piece of food.

I might have gold on me, but that didn't mean spending that much didn't hurt me. I was a saver of money after all.

If anything, I was just looking around. I was in no hurry to raise suspicion of my self.

"Young Master!" I heard a man yell it out and for one reason or another, I turned toward him.

"I noticed your eyes, Young Master. Maybe you might like these."

I looked at what he was selling and raised my brows. Was he just selling Jade at a stall? I've now seen it all.

I smirked.

"Thank you, but I'm not interested." I looked away from the stall.

"Young Master, what about a love interest?" He called out.

I just waved and kept walking.

I also noticed a few inns while I was here, but they were all expensive. Every single one I saw wanted in between 1 to 3 silver for one night.

I decided that I would sleep on the roofs.

The first night, I laid on the roof and stared at the sky. I wondered how Mei and Master were doing, though I supposed they were doing fine.

By the end of the next week, I had found out more information. Apparently, there was a Noble Family in the Inner Walls that was highly favored, but for whatever reason, certain high ranking soldiers went in and massacred them all at night 3 years ago.

Though, it's said. There's chatter the Master of the house didn't die.

It was fairly obvious I wasn't going to learn much more being in the outer walls, but there was just one problem. There was apparently a Rank 4 that walked the wall at night.

I was 4 levels away from Rank 4. He would definitely sense me.

It would take me months to reach Rank 4 and I really didn't want to stay here for that. So, it was time to bring out Aden.

"Aden, can you sneak me in?" I asked.

"Of course. They will never know. I gained a new ability once I entered Celestial Beast."

"Oh?" I looked at him curiously."

"Invisibility for five minutes. Not only can I make you disappear with me, but even if you stand in front of a high ranker, they won't know." Aden said.

"How long is the cooldown for it?" I asked.

"One hour, but I've only checked about 3 times so I'm a little unsure. Maybe if I work at it, the time will of the power extend.

I nodded.

So at night. Aden activated it and I used Flight Jumps to jump over the wall and into the inner walls without so much as a rock misplacement.

After we were in I remained in the darkness and noticed there were no inns. Only a select few restaurants, and shops. All of the other places looked to be Manors for Nobel Families.

I ran through the Manors until I reached one that looked completely abandoned.

I jumped inside and immediately started getting flashbacks. I even found the spot of burned grass and charred bones.

I could see rats and other creatures scurrying off and knew no one had stepped foot in here for a while.

I walked toward the study and walked inside. The door was already starting to fall apart without any care so I stepped inside and looked around. It had been 3 years so the body's on the floor were already bones. I just walked over them to the spot I once hid.

I saw it cover over so I reached down and uncovered it to see a note. I picked up the note and read: "I have to believe you escaped. If you find this, enter the Palace."

I pursed my lips.

Was my mother alive? Was this my father?

I put the rug back and left before daylight. The next day, I went to the shopping district and looked around. If anything, the things here were just more expensive. Even the auction house here only sold the highest-priced items.

I, on the other hand, just window shopped. I had no interest actually buying anything. Little did I know. That in itself, was enough for me to get followed.

Though. I didn't know I was. Aden told me as soon as it started. As he said that I knew if I didn't do something they would know I shouldn't be here. So I continued straight and entered the first restaurant I saw.

I bit my lower lip when I saw the prices and sat down next to a window. I order tea and cakes for starters and lunch meal afterward. In the end, it was worth 7 silver and 67 copper. Though the food was good, I didn't appreciate how much it was.

Though when I left, my tail was gone. I need to move out of sight. I apparently can't be in the crowd and not spend anything.