Chapter - 38 - Earth Spirit

"Yea, yea thank you. So why did that rose guild want me?" I asked.

"Probably because your not an ugly girl. I've heard things about the white rose guild. They are called 'Bewitching Rose.' They control many brothels on this continent." Aden said as he slithered closer toward me.

My eyes grew wide.

"How do you know of this?" I asked.

"I ran into a group of them once. In any case, they're not a very nice Clan. They take good-looking women and men alike."

I nodded.

"I've heard they even capture 'Exotic Creatures.' As they call them."

I froze. They what? I may puke.

To bad I don't give two shits if it doesn't involve me. I'm not about to go out of my way to save captured women if it doesn't help me in any way.

I let Aden get on and I continued my way to Five Ranks Mountain. I also made sure to not get involved in any more human affairs. I had enough of them for awhile.

So I jumped threw the air and enjoyed the feeling of it. Days passed and slowly I felt the air get colder and colder. I was going more north so this didn't surprise me in the slightest.

I was jumping threw hills that where full of tall trees when I reached what looked to me a huge break in the ground.

I was so very confused.

"What the hell is this?" I asked out loud.

'It's man made.' Ari said.

"The fuck?" I raised a brow. "There are some really strong people in this world."

'Yes there is. Also, the stronger you get, the stronger I will get as well.'

"Makes sense. For now though, this break looks wide...." I narrowed my eyes. "I know! Ice!"

I hit the ground and I walked close to the break in the ground. I peered over some and saw an endless abyss. I got a sort of ominous feel from just seeing endless black.

I scrunched up my nose and back away.

I swirled the water and turned it into ice. I slowly made a bridge I could walk on.

I was almost over when Hawk Eyes activated. Mother fucker I can not catch a break!

I used all my power and bounced off with Flight Steps. The water followed. I turned around to see a large tan serpent come up and then dive back down.

"What the hell was that?!" My eyes grew wide.

'The Earth Spirit.' Ari said.

"Earth....wait, I thought the ridge was man made?"

'It is. I'm also very confused.'

"Whats going on?" Aden asked.

He can't hear Ari.

"We are both confused why the Earth Spirit is in a man made break."

"That's the Earth Spirit?!" Aden Exclaimed.

"Yes, yes. Now shhh... I'm gonna get close." I said as I crawled to the edge.

"Kobe!" Aden shouted.

"Aden, It's fine! Ari, can I talk to it?" I asked.

'Yes, because you have a contract with me.'

"Okay...." I finally reached the edge and peered over. "Hey Earth Spirit! My names Kobe!" I yelled down into the break in the ground.

There was no answer. It was just here!

Then out of the depths came the large Earth Spirit. I backed away as he came up and peered down at me.

He was so large. I seriously was like a bean compared to the largeness that was him.

I gulped down my saliva as I stared up at him.

'Human, I sense you have a contract with the Water Spirit.' His voice entered my brain. His voice was deep and forceful.

I nodded.

"I do." I also stood up.

'What is it that you want? You have no Earth Element.'

"Yes, you are right, I have no Earth Element. Pardon me, for I just wanted to know why you are in this man-made break in the ground."

'Ah, yes. I was trapped here by a dreadful human. He wanted me to become his contract Spirit but I refused so he stuck me in this blasted spot.' He said.

I nodded.

"Wait, I thought only people with a contract Spirit could speak to another Spirit."

'You are right. This man had a treasure I've only seen once before. It was crafted many years ago by another. In any case, this treasure allows anyone who does not have a contract, to communicate with the Spirits.'

"I see...so is there anyways I might be able to help you?" I asked.

'Help? What is it that you want in return?' He narrowed his eyes.

"One thing. It's very small." I replied with a smile.

'Yes?'

"For one time." I raised up one finger. "I would like you to save me if I need it. I save you now and later you save me. A simple trade for saving lives."

The Earth Spirit grew silent for a moment and then nodded.

'I agree.'

"Okay!" I slapped my hands together. "How do I help?"

'Come forward.'

I did as told and walked forward to the edge.

Then rocks broke. Before I could do anything, I was free-falling.

All I saw was endless darkness beneath me. I was so scared that I couldn't even scream.

Then out of nowhere the Earth Spirit swooped in and caught me.

I landed on his back.

"Oof." I looked up to see us moving at quick speeds.

"What is going on?!" Aden whisper yelled in my ear.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know? I think he's taking me to a spot where I can help him."  I said with my head down.

We both got quiet at this point.

'Kobe.' I heard Ari in my head.

"Yea Ari?" I responded.

'Don't be afraid. He may look scary but the Earth Spirit is actually nice. He just doesn't like humans.'

"Does he have a name?" I asked.

'We all do, but I will not tell it. His name is only for him to tell. Our names are sacred to us.' Ari said.