Chapter - 44 - Respect and Fear

"Can you keep a secret?" I said with a happy smile.

"Mmm." He nodded as we started walking out of the room.

"I don't just have the Water Spirit."

Jason's eyes grew wide and he stopped.

"I don't sense the Wind Spirit."

"I don't have the Wind Spirit." I brought out my necklace and held up Rone. "This is the Earth Spirit."

I gave a cheeky smile.

"How did you manage that," Jason asked.

"Simple! I saved the Earth Spirit and now the Earth Spirit owes me."

Jason stopped walking and put his hands on his hips. He then looked up at the ceiling in disbelief.

I stopped also and turned around.

"Jason?" I stepped closer.

Jason looked down to see me peering up at him and he stepped back. I could see a flash of terror run through his eyes and I stood back.

I bit my lower lip and looked down.

"I'm sorry..." I'm a terrible friend! You can't just forget someone's fear of women!

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was a stiff hand but he still touched me.

I looked up to see him looking at me with an embarrassed smile.

"I didn't mean to react that way." He said.

I smiled simply and nodded.

"I know."

He then removed his hand and stood back.

I clasped my hands together.

"If you aren't going to keep me. I wanted to try and get Holy Might, so..." We had reached the end of the stairs, so I was eyeing the door.

Jason smirked.

"No, I don't need you. Though I would like to ask a favor."

"Oh?" I asked in interest.

"I want to show my subordinates that I am not a dictator, but for some reason, they are very terrified of me," Jason said as he knitted his brows.

"Well, I can think of one big reason." I crossed my arms over my chest.

He looked at me like he really wanted to know the answer.

"You look like the Devil," I said straightforwardly.

His left eye twitched.

"Smile." I pointed at my mouth as I smiled.

Jason smiled but it looked strained.

I facepalmed.

"Forget it. Just come." I said as I turned on my heels toward the door.

As I opened the door, I was met with people who had buckets and rags. They all looked very surprised to see me alive.

I knitted my brow and turned my head.

"Have you killed women in this tower?!" I yelled over at him.

Jason put his hand behind his neck and looked away.

"Maybe..." He said quietly.

I facepalmed again.

"What am I going to do with you," I said threw my hand. I looked up to see him looking stiff. I held out my hand.

I didn't know if he would take it but it didn't hurt to see. To my surprise, he did place his hand in mine.

I smiled wide and yanked him along outside.

Everyone was in full shock mode.

"Are you sure this will work?" Jason asked behind me.

"Positive." I nodded to Jason. "In my world, when powerful people want others to think of them as humans, they would go about and mingle with others. This allowed people to relate with them. It also allowed the leader to see things from their perspective and change things if they saw fit."

This was all common sense in the modern world. But for a world run by powerful people who didn't care about others...it became all too common for any man with the power to become a dictator. This was the last thing I wanted for Jason. Especially, if he didn't want to be one.

"I've never heard these things before." He said behind me as I dragged him.

"Doesn't matter." I stopped in front of the bustling men who didn't stop moving. "You want your people to rule under you with respect. It becomes a shared interest for both parties for one to work for the other knowing they will be cared for.

Fear is good at the moment, but say their family is captured and they must do this or that. Well, they fear you, so there is an extremely small chance they will come to you for help. But let's say they respect you and you care for them. They will feel comfortable coming to you and you can help them. Now you not only saved this man's family, but now others will respect you and you will gain loyal people who won't betray you."

These were simple truths I learned in daily life. It was interesting seeing Jason's face light up at my words.

"This...I understand." He said and nodded in agreement.

"But I'm sure you know the world isn't just black and white, so even if they are trusted and loyal, you want to have consequences for being disloyal. This will now involve a healthy level of respect and fear." I clasped my hands together.

"You are right, your world is different from mine," Jason said as he looked down at me.

I nodded.

"True, but my world was by no means perfect and you may find something else works better for your people. In any case, I helped you out. Now, I've got to walk back to 5 Ranks Mountain."

I grumbled to myself as I turned away from Jason.

"Wait." I heard him behind me.

I turned my head.

"Yes?" I raised a brow.

"Hold on." He turned his body and closed his eyes. He let out a huff. Then he turned back to me with a serious face.

The hell?

"I will take you back." He unraveled his arms in a stiff motion.

I blinked in surprise and then I smiled evilly.

There was no way I was going to let him rethink this decision! Does a hot man carry me? Hell yes!

I let him pick me up princess style. I was so happy as I looked up at him.