Chapter - 136 - Passing Away

I suppose I could dabble in Guu, but I also feel like I douged a bullet by not using the white Guu. I don't know why but I had a gut feeling the only thing that comes from Guu is massive regret.

And so the days passed by without much happening. Every day I checked up on Opal who was slowly going back into a comatose state.

This day in particular she wasn't waking up and I didn't think she would. I just knew within a few days, her body would start to break down. The pain she would feel would wake her up, but all she would do is scream.

I sat down and felt sensed inside her body.

"I can wake her up for a few minutes," I said. "These will be your last words."

Omera started to shake as I slowly woke up Opal. This would take a lot of energy from her. But with me helping, she would be fine.

"Omera..." She called out.

Opal came closer.

"Im Here my love." She as she clenched her hand.

"I-I can't feel much. I can't see you very well either. Is Kobe here?" She asked.

"I am," I said as healed the dying nerves in her eyes. As I healed her eyes, she started to see clearer.

"It won't last long. Opal, this is it." I said softly.

Throughout it all, she hadn't shed a tear, but at this moment she did.

"Live well my love. Live well." She said as she brought Omeras face close.

They kissed as they cried.

It was a truly heartbreaking moment.

"I will leave you two," I said as I stood. After I left I waited outside the door.

I closed my eyes and waited for what seemed like forever.

The door opened and Omera came out with dried tears.

"She went back under," Opal said.

"It's time," I said as I walked into the room. "The process is completely painless. She will leave this world asleep."

Omera got close to her wife and kissed her nose.

"I will always love you."

Quietly I spoke.

"Im going to touch your back Opal. Opal, you will feel nothing. Sleep well, I will miss you."

I sensed her heart and made it slowly slow down until the beat was gone.

"She's gone," I said.

Omera lost it again. She wanted to cling to Opal, but I comforted her.

"Omera, I'm going to get her cleaned up for the take-back. Okay? Calm down now, I will make her personable as a Queen."

She nodded.

"Thank you. You've done more than you know." She said.

After she left, I quickly stripped her and wiped her down. I used napkins to clean up her bowels. Once I finished, I got out a simple white dress. I picked up the body with air and dressed her and then placed her in the Coffin I did a little bit of makeup to give her paling face some color and arranged her hair.

Once I was done, I allowed Omera to come in. As men took out the coffin Omera turned to me.

"Kobe, tell me, what do you think I should do?" She asked.

"I think you should lead your people. There's a war coming, don't lose yourself." I said.

She nodded.

"You're right."

"Go back to your people, I need to leave."

After that, I took the Array back to the mainland. The Spirit God told me it was the closest he could put me to the Nymphs.

Once we arrived, it was a snowy tundra around us. The jungle was in front of us. The thing was, I didn't have any fairy dust.

Still, I was Rank 10. So Hypothetically, I should be fine. Mei on the other hand...

"Get on my back," I said.

I'd have to carry her through.

She did as I asked and I stepped through. I started jumping quickly through the jungle. Once I reached the Bones I paused.

"You've gotten fast," Mei said as she grabbed her head.

The jungle was getting to her.

"Yea..." I knitted my brows. The bones looked, different." I jumped onto them and waited.

Did I really need fairy dust?

As I thought this far, dust fell all over us. Was there a fair watching?

My world changed and a forest appeared. I quickly darted through the forest like I knew the way to go.

I wasn't sure what told me but I didnt think about it too hard either.

Once I reached the clearing, I took in a harsh breath.

Ash layered the landscape. I didn't see but a few Nymphs. Once they saw me, I put Mei down and we walked over.

"Who are you?" One of them asked.

"Kobe," I responded. "I'm the Haven Goddess. I've come because I heard you had something happen."

The Nymph nodded and lead me to the Palace. Expect, it was crumbling.

Outside stood, Zen and Anna. Ira was no were to be seen.

I quickly walked forward. When they noticed me, they turned shocked.

I also noticed that Anna was very much pregnant. My eyes grew.

"Is everything okay, what happened?" I asked.

Zen spoke up first.

"Ira....she's badly injured," Zen said.

"Who attacked?" I asked.

"Nymphs. They went crazy." He said shaking his head.

Was the Human God testing the bug?

"Ha...let me see her," I said.

They led me into the room where she lay unconscious. Why didn't I feel that she was in trou-

My thought froze when I saw the area around her eyes.

My eyes grew and I yanked the blanket away.

I've seen this before. There were cases where the bugs killed their host instead of taking them over. I picked up her hands. Her fingertips were blackened.

"Shit."

I said as I poured pure energy into her. The bug was destroying her body's energy.

I placed my hand on her forehead and felt. There wasn't just one bug in there.