Chapter - 5 - I am a Woman!

I nodded.

"I saw," I said.

"And they may change," Aden said.

"The memory's?"

"Yep, there's no telling what you will encounter now."

Aden's right. There wasn't any telling.

Then I took my right hand to scratch my head and there was actually some hair there. Not a lot of course but there was something!

"Hey, Aden."

"Yes?" He questioned.

"What to go to a village?" I asked.

"We can, but you have nothing to trade or any money," Aden responded.

"What about you?"

"Me? Of course, I do." Aden said with a smirk.

"I'll pay you back~," I said in a cute voice.

Aden laughed.

"Right." Aden then slithered behind a rock and I waited.

He then came back with a small bag.

"In here is some copper and one silver coin. It's enough for you to get some food and some cheap clothing." Aden handed me the coins with his tail.

"Thank you!" I smiled in his direction. I then used my arm for Aden to climb up.

Then off we went to the village. I followed his pointers as we got closer and closer. Then right in front of me was a small yet bustling village. I walked into the village with my ragged clothes and a white snake on my shoulders.

Of course, I got stared at but I just kept forward to a snack. I noticed a soup stand and stopped for some soup. I sat down and waited for a waiter. I tapped my left foot on the ground and yawned.

It was then I looked up and saw two well-dressed women four well-dressed men. What in the world. Why were they in the village? I really wanted to get Aden's opinion but he was a talking snake and that was still weird.

The women walked ahead of the men by two steps until they saw the soup shop and me with Aden.

One girl screamed.

I was ordering and my eyebrows knitted.

I finished and turned toward them. I looked at the girls and then the four men. I got to see them clearly and all four were good-looking. Aden was just acting like a snake and not caring.

I then turned back to my table because my soup had arrived. I started sipping away and enjoying the soup. It tasted really good.

"Who would want a snake that closes to them!" I heard one woman yell.

"Would you stop yelling? Let him do as he pleases." The other woman said.

I then stopped mid spoon. Him....him?! I was no him! I started back on my soup while I shot glares at that woman. How dare she!

Then they left and I was left with peace. I then paid 6 copper coins and went on with my way. I made my way to a clothing shop where I looked through all the clothes. I picked out a set of boys' clothes for training and a set of girls' clothes because I was in fact, a woman!

Each set was 40 copper so I just used the silver coin and got back 20 copper.

"Why did you buy a woman's clothing?" The snake whispered.

"To put on." What kind of question was that.

"Are you a crossdresser?" He asked in a low voice.

It was then that I froze. I stopped caring about the people around me and I started to yell.

"You stupid snake!" I yelled. "I am a woman!" I grabbed ahold of Aden and stuck him on a stack of hay.

Aden also apparently stopped caring.

"You're a woman?! There's no way." He said as he slithered behind me.

"Get away from me!" I yelled.

"Alright, alright I'm sorry!" Aden shouted.

"Sorry?!" I scoffed.

It was then that in a certain restaurant on the second floor, we were being watched, but I wouldn't know about this until later.

"I am! Now can you please pick me up?" Aden asked.

"No! I'm going to leave you for the dogs! You're a talking snake! Someone will want you." It was then that I stomped away.

"Wait!" Aden was slithering but I knew he couldn't keep up and my anger was already dying down. I turned to pick him up when I noticed a man going to grab him.

"You big toe fungus! Get away from him!" I ran forward to him.

He turned toward me and one of his friends wanted to grab me. It was at that moment I felt great. The hand slowed and so did the man.

My body was able to move out of the way and my right leg kicks him where the sun doesn't shine. Then I kept forward and slammed my body into the big man.

We both fell. Him backward and me forwards. I sat on top of him and punched him hard in the nose. I then stood up.

"That snake is mine! Try and touch him!" I then spit on the big man's face and grabbed up Aden and my dropped clothing sack.

My hand ached that punch that man. I looked down and noticed it was bleeding. Aden was also very quiet. I just took out some bandages from the horse and wrapped up my hand.

I then pursued my lips and kept forward. I had enough village for today. I want to go back to the cave.

It was then I felt I was being stared at. I didn't mind it and kept forward. I was almost at the gate. I would be able to lose whoever it was until he woods. Especially with Aden's help.

It was almost like fate wanted me to stop though because the village's militia stopped me.

"You can't leave this village!" The one in the middle called out.

"Why?" I asked.

"You beat up two men in our village." He said.

"They tried to take my snake," I said.

"What proof do you have?" The man said.

"Proof? I got your proof. It's right there!" I pointed behind them and they all turned. Holy crap it worked. It was then I turned tail and ran.