Chapter - 12 - On the search for a missing husband! (Part 2)

After the night at an inn, we got up early and started the search for the missing husband.

This Capital was huge so finding the husband would be....difficult for sure. Especially since he could be a human. But also going off the fact that this female Dragon is super hot I assumed he was a hunk.

I decided it would best to look in the most dangerous inns. Inns that the Emperor would never guess the doctor would be. I guessed this doctor was really old. Especially if he knew a Dragon from infancy.

If this was so...I tapped my chin. Wait! I got it! What if...

I started laughing hard. I'm so stupid. They weren't in an inn!

"What's wrong?" Anesthesia looked down at me.

"I know where they are," I smirked.

"Where?" She raised her eyebrows.

"In the palace."

I elaborated no more on the subject and just went forward. Do you think you can hide from me? Ha! Just give me a few days and I'll find you! Especially if you have this much pride in your own skills!

"Are we going?" She asked.

"We can, but your husband will still have to stay. He has to protect his master...it's up to you whether we go or not." I responded.

"I want to see him. Even if it's just for a second." Anastasia said.

"Okay, let's go then."

We made our way to the Palace that day and waited for night.

I also cultivated wholeheartedly and reached Level 4 of Rank 1. I was very proud of myself and fully energized to enter the palace. Anastasia stayed behind because of the baby and I took her veil for my outfit. I breathed in and disappeared with Flight Steps. I was even quicker now that I was Level 4 so even if the guards were higher level they wouldn't be able to catch me. That was unless they were Rank 2 but it was very unlikely for the common folk. In any case. My whole objective was to jump everywhere and have the Dragon catch sight of me. There was no way I could know where he was but if he was a Celestial Beast...he already knew I was here.

So I jumped around and ran quickly into the shadows. I stopped after a while. This wasn't working. Where would the Emperor never guess...wait...concubines. Did one of them kill the Prince with poison? Likely, but the doctor wouldn't be with them because his life is in danger...or would he?

Maybe....he killed her?

Too many questions! I just want this Dragon to show himself!

I decided to go to the inner courtyard where all of the concubines would be. This would definitely be more tricky as there was no way I would venture near the Emperor's room, but I still had to avoid the mass of amounts of guards there would be.

I started my jumping and running through the courtyards of less favorable concubines and finally made my way to the ones that run this part of the palace. I heard that the Emperor had five favorite Concubines that he made Consorts and then his Empress. The son that died was the son of his favorite Concubine.

I stayed low and watched from a distance. I looked for anything unfamiliar. It was then that I saw it.

From a Concubines outer wall, I saw a dead flower bush. Bingo.

I ran forward and slipped over the wall. Okay Dragon, you should be popping out any second now. I know you know I'm here.

I didn't have to wait long.

"Who are you?"

I felt a cold blade touch my throat. I also felt a trickle of blood. I gasped and gulped. Oh very good.

"Anastasia is here," I said in English. Expect I whispered it very low.

It was then I felt the blade freeze and then seconds later drop. I gave a breath of relief. I turned around. I was met by an absolute hunk. Hair, eyes, nose, mouth, etc. It was all exquisite!

It took every single muscle in my face to keep my composure.

"Who are you?" His voice was cold and chilly. He said in Chinese. This act alone let me know someone was listening.

"Names Chen Lin. Your family was worried about you, so they sent me to see what was going on." I also spoke in Chinese and gave my fake name. I didn't know who was listening.

"Come." He turned and lead me into the building of the courtyard.

I stepped through the threshold and was met by a nice looking sitting area. The items in this room also had to be worth major gold. I was very impressed. The Emperor never skipped out on his favorite Concubines.

I turned my attention to where he walked next. I followed close behind as we entered the bed-chamber.

It was then I smelled a strong scent of decay. I knew this sent all too well from my experience in that closed-off room with all of that sickness and death.

I couldn't help but scrunch my nose at the smell. What a dreadful smell.

I noticed a pile of dead maids and on top was a blood-soaked woman in exquisite attire, the Concubine.

On the bed was a person who was covered by the overhanging silk. It was there to really protect whoever slept there from mosquitoes at night. Expect with the added blood on it and the fact that there was a person behind it made whoever look at the silk shiver.

I still kept my composure and waited for something to happen.

"You speak a weird language." His voice was raspy and old sounding. He heard me...he must truly be a high Level and Rank.

I still though remained calm.

"It's just an ancient language the Dragons speak. I only know a few words to save myself from death when I meet one. I am but just a messenger." I replied.