Chapter - 54 - I care for you

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"It's fine Kobe." She smiled but I could tell I had frightened her.

God, I could have killed her.

My hands started to shake and I let go.

I could have killed her.

"Kobe?" Oh, MeMei reached forward but I backed away.

"I could have killed you...." My words were but a whisper but I still jumped out of the balcony into the now sunset sky.

I used Flight Steps and flew forward through the city to a secluded ally and slid down a wall.

Immediately tears started to run down my eyes as I remembered the last loved person I killed. My brother.

I can't kill her. I can't do it. I love her like my own family. If I killed her...god. What if I can't control my powers?

My breath hitched and I wanted to scream.

I stared at a wall with dead eyes when I saw something red. I turned my eyes to the small bird from before.

"I've heard of you." The little bird said.

"Unlikely, no idea leads leave." I had failed to notice the bird was speaking English.

"I most definitely have Kobe."

I put my head on my knees and didn't respond.

"You seem distressed." The bird said.

"Very."

"Why?" The bird asked.

"Stop asking intruding you questions you damn bird!" I looked up and shouted.

This didn't faze the small bird.

"Do you use profanity often?"

The bird really likes questions, didn't it?

"Do you always ask questions?" I asked the bird.

"Yes."

"Why?" I asked. My mind was now focused on the bird and I had stopped crying completely.

"I'm curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat," I said.

"Why did it kill the cat?"

"Because it knew something it wasn't supposed to and was killed for it."

The bird grew quiet at this.

"Neo!" I heard a woman's voice.

"Oh...I've wandered too far. Master is looking for me. Maybe you should get back to yours. Bye Kobe."

The bird flew away but left a small piece of paper.

I picked it up and looked inside.

Inside was a place or name. I wasn't sure.

"Amazon."

The hell did that mean?

Though the bird was right. Master would start looking for me.

I returned and said I was sorry for dipping like I did and Oh MeMei hugged me tightly.

"Don't run away like that again Kobe! You had me worried."

"The last time I knew you, Kobe...you were a girl." The doctor said.

"Oh, I am."

I took off the ring and turned into a female.

I was still young so my beauty was but masked by a child's face but one could tell I was female.

The doctor's eyes grew.

"Why change your appearance?" He asked.

"I must have some secrets doctor." I smiled.

"I suppose." He responded.

This was around the time the meteor shower was to begin. So we all moved outside to watch. My eyes were fixed on the silky in wait until I saw something red again.

I looked away thinking it was the bird but it wasn't. It was Jason on a rooftop. His body stood firm as he stared into the sky.

No one but me noticed.

I moved back from the group and jumped quickly to the roof.

Jason turned ready for something until he saw me dressed in men's clothing.

"Kobe?" His eyes grew.

"Saw you over here alone," I said.

I looked up into the sky and waited next to him.

"I did it," Jason said.

"Did what?" I asked still looking up.

"I made a friend."

"Oh?" I turned toward his eyes.

Expect they looked sad.

He clenched his hands.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The person I became friends with betrayed me along with the whole clan I built from the dirt."

I pursed my lips. I didn't have to ask. By the look in his eyes, he had massacred them all.

"Jason," I spoke up.

"Ye-"

He was cut off by me hugging him.

At about that time meteors flew across the sky as I held on to Jason.

After it ended I let go and looked up.

Jason looked down at me in shock.

"What?" I looked at him in confusion.

"You've never wanted to touch me before." He said.

"True." I nodded. "Just don't expect it." I let a smile form on my face.

He smiled also.

"I'm sorry for giving you bad advice," I said embarrassed.

"No, Kobe none of this was your fault." He came close. "They had this in the works for a while, I just wanted to see if I could change their minds but I was wrong."

"Oh."

"I'll see you, Kobe." He raised his left hand to my face but didn't touch it. He just let it sit there for a second. As if to tell me he cared for me and then off he jumped into the darkness.

I looked away from where he went and returned to the room.

I watched to the balcony and Oh MeMei was talking to the doctor. She was explaining how she use to be a Geisha.

The doctor looked surprised at this and turned toward me as I walked up.

"You really do have interesting people around you Kobe."

I was back to looking male in the face and build.

I nodded.

"I sure do...." I started to go through all of the things that had happened since I entered this s world.

This world was full of so much diversity. Yet in one way or another, it seemed like everyone and thing was connected. I just had yet to figure out how.

I put my hands on the railing and looked up at the stars. There were so many.

I never saw this many on Earth where I lived before. But now I see so many that I easily got caught up in their beauty.

Then like the moment happened, it ended.

I was turning away from the balcony to the table when the doctor grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him.