Chapter - 45 - A man in Red

Expect, when I looked up, he had a very strained face.

I frowned.

"Put me down." I sighed on the inside.

He shook his head resolutely.

"Seriously, put me down your obv-" My words were cut short because he jumped high into the air.

I turned my face away from the air and into Jason's chest. As he flew, I listened to his heartbeat. It was quick and hard.

I wasn't sure if he was nervous or scared. I bit my lower lip as we flew through. I really wanted to kill that woman for causing Jason so much harm.

Finally, Jason landed and down I stood. I was back on the mountain.

"Jason."

"Kobe."

We said each other's names at the same time.

We looked at each other.

"You go first," Jason said.

"I'm sorry about making you feel uncomfortable. I want to be a friend and help you in many ways, but if me being a girl is not good for you..." I quieted down as I ended the words.

Jason sighed.

"I want you to be my friend. Especially, because I've never had one before. I know I'm distant, but please know I am trying." He said as he looked down at me.

I nodded with a smile.

"By the next time we meet. I want you to make another friend. They don't have to be close, but just someone you can talk normally with." I said.

Jason nodded.

"Fair, I'll try for you."

"Alright, off you go." I waved for Jason to leave.

"See you, Kobe." Jason then turned around and jumped away.

Though, I did notice something attached to my clothes. I held it up to see a small stone and note.

I raised a brow and looked at the note.

"Say help into rock when you are in danger."

I put the rock away and looked around.

Aden slithered out of my coat. "It was too hot in the coat."

"You could have come out earlier."

"I don't like people," Aden said.

"Understandable." I clasped my hands together. "So, Ari where to?"

'Before I tell you where, you must know more about this mountain. The reason it's called 5 Ranks mountain is because of the more Beast as you go up. The Beast will pack up into groups. Sometimes there may be even a mixed pack depending on if the Beast can help each other. So the safest course of action would be to at least become Rank 3 Level 5 before you attempt to get the sword. I know you want to get it now, but it really isn't feasible with your current strength. Even what I said is pushing it, but at least you will be guarded by me, Rone, and Aden.'

"Okay, fair." I nodded. "I guess I'll be on the mountain for a while." I was Rank 2 Level 6 still but I was close to Level 7.

I decided I would just traverse this mountain at a certain height and kill any beast I came in contact with. Then, at night, I would cultivate.

"Where am I anyway?" I asked out loud.

'In rank 1 territory.' Ari called out. I nodded as I continued the walk forward. My eyes darting around across the landscape.

"Is there shelter around here? Somewhere I can set up a camp?" I asked.

'Up ahead.' Rone called out.

I nodded and continued forward. Then I heard a noise. I stopped and activated hawk eyes. Expect I saw nothing. I knitted my brows as I looked around. My eyes darting everywhere.

'Drop!' Rone called out in my head.

I immediately dropped and hit the ground. I heard a whoosh above me and looked up to see an arrow fly and hit a tree in front of me. My breath hitched as I flipped over quickly. Immediately my eyes locked with a man. What was with all of these men! Leave me alone!

He wore red garb and long black hair. He oozed a carefree aura.

"You have something that's mine." His voice sounded lazy.

I knitted my brows as I looked up at him.

"Oh really?" I asked as I stood up.

"Give it." He held out his hand.

"Give what?"

"Earth Spirit."

My eyes grew wide and I laughed out loud.

The man was sort of taken aback.

I quieted down and wiped a tear from my cheek. I met his eyes and smirked.

"Why would I have the Earth Spirit?" I asked. "I don't even have the Earth Element."

"Look. Either you give it to me, or you die and I take it from you." His eyes started to get cold.

"Fuck you asshole." These were my last words before Rone shot me off with the earth.

My eyes grew wide as the earth shot me across the mountain.

"Holy shit!" I screamed.

'I'm sorry for causing trouble, Kobe. May we meet again.'

I watched as stone grabbed my necklace and rip off Rone.

I watched as I was dropped down and into the ground he went. At that moment I realized what happened and for the first time since I entered this world, I couldn't protect something.

The man flew in quickly and stared down at me.

"You darned child. Look at what you've done!" He talked down at me. "Meddling in affairs you have no business in getting involved in!" He looked quite livid.

"Oh?" I stood just as angry. "And you have to right to yell at me?! You captured it! It's an Earth Spirit! Not a pet!" I yelled.

The man in red was taken aback by my yells.

I huffed.

"Fuck off." I twirled around and started to walk away. Can people please leave me alone?

"Who are you to yell at me?! Do you know who I am?!" He yelled out.

I stuck up the middle finger behind me as I kept walking.

He flashed in front of me.

"Answer me." He said as he walked closer.