Chapter - 67 - Saving the Prince

After my words, I silently excused myself and walked away.

Got away from that one! I scurried away to my room and began to cultivate again.

A week passed by. The Prince always left early and at night, he drank and asked for a female. By the next morning, they were taken away.

I was cultivating tonight when I heard a crashing sound.

Did he kill her?

I got up quickly and walked inside without formalities.

"BITCH!" He was screaming.

She laid still on the ground.

I looked at the half-naked man to see a puncture wound on his chest. It oozed black blood. He was poisoned. Shit.

"Lay down." I came over quickly. Before I knew what I was doing I was already by his side.

"What are you-" He looked down at me to see serious eyes.

"Lay down," I repeated.

He did as asked while I grabbed a bowl from his uneaten dinner.

I placed it beside him while I checked his body with my healing technique. I wasn't sure what kind of poison it was, but I knew it hadn't done too much damage yet.

I brought out Ari to help me pull out the poison. I worked the same motion of pulling out the liquid. I could feel sweat start to pour but I focused solely on this.

I pulled out infected blood from the hole for a while until I saw a deep red. I pushed it back inside and sealed it with my healing.

I pulled out a detoxification pill from my space and handed it to him.

"Take it. I couldn't get it all. It will kill the rest before it does damage." I faced him to see one shocked 2nd Prince.

"Who are you?"

I gave a small smile.

"Just someone looking for someone else," I said as I moved away with the infected blood. The blood had already started to turn into a thick consistency. "Do you know who did this?"

"My best guess, my older brother."

I paused.

"I thought the Crown Prince of TuZan was the 1st Prince. He already has a wife and a son. Why would he want you dead?"

"The only reason I'm not the Crown Prince is that I don't want to be, but my father thinks otherwise. He wants me to be the Crown Prince so my brother grew jealous and has been trying to kill me for over 3 years. He's so invested that he's lost sight of his own family.

His wife seeks out affection from anywhere she can get it and his son is being raised by maids."

What a family dynamic.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this." He put his head in his hands.

I shrugged.

"I find people just like telling me things," I said.

He looked up.

"You saved my life. Who are you looking for? I might be able to help."

I pursed my lips.

"The manor that was massacred in one night 3 years ago. I'm looking for the man and woman of that manor." I said.

"I know who you're referring to. The man you speak of was Wen JinLe. The woman, his wife, was Xiang Yei. Both survived and were brought to the palace to answer for their crimes.

Expect there were none. The wife of Wen JinLe was beautiful and the Emperor wanted to marry her. But she was promised to Wen JinLe at birth. 12 years past and he saw her again. He was filled with rage.

He brought her and him in. He raped her in front of Wen JinLe. He then sent them both down into the prisons where Wen JinLe had to watch her get raped for almost a year by different guards until a year later when she hung herself.

After that, the Emperor had him put in the coldest most desolate cell to live out the rest of his days.

After all of this. My father has searched high and low for the daughter of Wen JinLe and Xiang Yei. He believes she escaped that night.

He wants her to marry me so he can give one last 'suck my dick' to Wen JinLe." He finished by grabbing a glass of alcohol and downing it.

I was still processing all of this information.

"A part of me wants to become Emperor. I hate my father and what he's done to this Empire. People are starving every day and he doesn't care. All he cares about is alcohol and women." He slammed down his glass.

I couldn't take it anymore.

"You're such a hypocrite." I showed my disdain for this man openly.

He looked up at me.

"Look at you. You live in a damn palace. You're the 2nd Prince! You sit here fucking women every night and drinking booze and you think you're better than him? You think sitting here in sadness and regret will get you anywhere? Look at yourself!

And don't even get me started on your father. He doesn't care what happens to this Empire. Can't you see it?! He's making fun of it! You, and your brother. He doesn't give a damn who takes over. He's playing with both of you."

His eyes seemed to realized something.

"Look, before I leave TuZan, your father is dead. Think about it, if you want to be Emperor, I'll make you Emperor before I leave. If not, it will be your older brother. I don't give a flying fuck who.

Think about it, while I get the servants to clean up this mess." I said as I left.

It was still late but some servants were awake. They came in and cleaned up the mess while 2nd Prince washed. I sat on the stairs and thought about everything that he had told me.

There would be no way for me to track down who all raped my mother. I looked up at the sky. If anything, I hoped my father was still sane.

I saw something out of the corner of my vision. I looked up and saw a lantern in the distance, along with a group.