Chapter - 30 - Water Likes Me

"I Ira, the Empress of the Nymphs, bless Kobe the human!"

A bright green light shinned and then all went dull.

"All Nymphs shall now recognize you as a friend and family. I hope to see you again one day Kobe." Then she disappeared as quickly as she appeared.

I just stood still, shocked at the turn of events.

Then I heard laughing.

I turned my head.

"My Disciple is the best!" Master had a big toothy grin.

I yawned.

"Don't get too happy. You'll forget this happened tomorrow." I said. "I'm very tired. Where are the beds at?"

Then his face dulled.

"Upstairs."

I nodded.

I turned toward Aden who was waking up.

"You're terrible at protecting," I said simply.

He blinked.

I gave a laugh at his dumb look and started to walk out with a smile. Expect I made eye contact with the shitty hot dude.

My whole demeanor changed.

"What?"

"Who are you?" He asked seriously.

I smirked.

"Kobe," I replied simply. I turned away and continued my walk. "Trust me, you don't need to know the rest."

I left the room and took a large breath.

I made my way up the stairs and into a spare room. I took off my outer clothes and washed my mouth in a basin. Then I laid down on the bed and slowly closed my eyes.

I awoke later and got out of bed. I opened the window and saw it was the next day. It was early morning.

I stretched and got dressed. I also looked at the new mark on my forehead. It was a small blue teardrop mark.

I then left the room and walked downstairs. I saw Rain had left which also meant the old man had as well. I laid up against a window and felt the cold breeze blow against my face. It was still early so the chill was in the air.

I shivered as I stood there.

"Hey."

I looked over to see shit face.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the window.

"Why are you still here?" I asked lazily.

"I have matters to attend to."

The conversation stopped there.

I wasn't going to give that dry response any time of the day.

So time passed like this. Two people in complete silence. Until he ruined it.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"11, you?"

"Lost count." He said.