Chapter - 134 - Finding a Cure

"Imagine, your who hope lasted on a maybe?" I shook my head. "And what if it doesn't work? I can't imagine the pain. Your loved one is alive without any semblance of who they used to be." I said as I thought about what I could do. "Maybe...maybe I can enter the library again. There must something about this."

I said as I slapped the window seal.

"Tell me, where is the Elf God?" I asked as I looked back at the Spirit God.

"You're serious about this." He said.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I raised a brow. "If your spouse was dying, I would do everything I could do to save them as well," I said.

His eyes grew.

"Your kindness...we help the Gods and Goddesses out of duty, but you do it because you really care." He said it like he was genuinely shocked by my actions.

I knitted my brows.

Jason stood in between me and the Spirit God.

"Hey, you really-"

I cut him off and looked the Spirit God in the eyes.

"Would you say that to me if it was your spouse laying on their death bed?" I asked.

"I-" He stopped like he was at a loss for words.

"Don't apologize to me." Still, I knew what he wanted to say. I looked past him to the Dwarf Goddess who was standing shocked behind him.

He turned around to see her tearing up.

"You..." She choked out.

I sighed and quickly walked away.

I couldn't imagine what she was feeling right now.

"Where are you going?" Jason asked behind me.

"Do you know where the Elf God might be?" I asked.

"Getting ready to leave most likely," Jason said. "He said he had to get back to his homeland."

"Mmmmmm..." I paused. "Okay."

I turned and walked outside to see the Elf God talking to a servant.

"Mind if I tag along?" I asked.

He looked over at me.

"Let me guess. You need to enter the library." He said with a smile.

I nodded.

As I stepped closer. I got a weird feeling. Like something just happened somewhere.

I paused and knitted my brows.

"I felt it too." The Elf God said.

"Mmmm." I turned back toward him. "What does it mean?"

"Something worth a God's attention." He said.

I shook it off for now.

"No time," I said as I started to follow the Elf God to the Array.

"Kobe," Jason said behind me.

I turned my head to see him right behind me.

He placed his hand on my cheek so fast that I froze.

"I've got to go see my people. After all, I'm technically their Emperor." He paused. "I- thank you. Without your help back then...thank you. If, after all of this you want..."

His voice trailed off. He started to move away, but I took his hand and pulled him forward.

I pecked him on the cheek and moved away.

"You..." His eyes grew.

"Stay safe," I said as I turned my head and quickly followed after the Elf God.

Once the Array stopped, I quickly ran towards the library and waited.

Expect, no foxes came out.

I sighed. I guess there was no other way.

As I turned to leave, I felt a tug on my robe.

I turned my head to see the small fox jumping around.

My eyes grew and I quickly followed behind it.

"Anything on the soul. Even better if it's information on how to keep a soul in a body." I said to the fox. It lead me to a secluded spot on the 3rd floor.

I sat down and over it jumped with a small book. Well, more like a journal.

I opened it up and realized it was in English.

I raised a brow as I started to read.

Most of it I couldn't really comprehend. It seemed like nonsense until I got to the end.

"A spirit is a soul. A body is a vessel for that soul. Any soul can Hypothetically be transferred to another vessel.

The only problem is the bond.

If a spirit made a contract with a user, could it heal a broken bond?

It seems that could be the case.

A Spirit heals the bond and keeps the soul in the body. The only downside? The Spirit would be tied to the soul. After all, the spirit would become the bond."

I put down the journal and stood.

My mind was so full of questions.

I sighed as I left the library and walked to the Array.

As I walked, I saw Elfs playing with their children. I smiled as I watched. How were the children doing?

I turned my head and reached the Array.

Not point obsessing over it.

Once I reached the Spirits Palace again, it was around noon. Then again, time did seem to mess around in that library.

As I entered the Palace, I saw the Spirit God sitting by himself sipping tea. When he saw me he stood.

"The Dwarf Goddess is leaving."

I burst past him and into the room where I saw her packing up her things and her wife sitting in a chair.

When she noticed me, she paused in her movements.

"What are you doing?!"  I couldn't help but go over to her now shocked wife to do a physical. I couldn't believe she wanted to move her.

"She's better so-" The Drawf Goddess started to say, but I cut her off.

"I say this with absolute seriousness," I said as I placed my index finger and thumb around her arm. "You will die in a painful and excruciating death in couple of days if you don't allow me to treat you." I said as I went down to my knee.

The Draw Goddess remained quiet behind me. I guess she was going to leave it up to her wife Opal.

"Opal, what do you want to do?" I asked.