Chapter - 116 - Leaving the Battle Field

Immediately, my eyes grew wide. I waved my hand and it entered my space.

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

If this man had died, this thing could have shown up anywhere and I would have no chance at finding it.

Then again, I guess that was a bargain the other side was willing to take. But now they knew I had it. I needed to leave Immediately.

"Take it. You'll be on the run for the rest of your life."

That's when I heard the voice.

"Oh? Are you my new master?" The voice asked.

I ignored it and got down on a knee.

"Would you like me to do it?" I asked.

"It's either now or torture later." He said.

I smiled and he knew what I wanted to ask him.

He shook his head.

"No, I'm beyond redemption, save my son called Raikin. When you meet him, tell him his name." As soon as he said that, he took out a knife and slit his throat.

As his body slid off the Beast, I waved my hand and saved his body from falling to the ground.

Interesting last wish. I'd think more about it later.

Right now I needed to release the Beast. I dropped to the ground and turned towards them.

"Can you release them?" I asked in English.

"It's been a long time since I've heard this language." The Beast said in my head. "Yes, I can."

"Please release them," I said.

"What do I get out of it?" He asked.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He grew quiet.

"Don't talk to me anymore, just say release."

"Release!" I yelled in English.

It vibrated through the air and immeditally the Beast started to regain control of them selfs.

"I know you all must be pretty pissed about all of this," I said in English. "All I ask is that you leave in peace, or I will kill you. Your choice."

The Beast looked at me and weighed their options.

The Celestial Beast, however, dropped to the ground and started to speak.

"You saved me. I shall follow you." He said as the figure grew smaller and into a human shape. Expect, the voice changed. It changed to that of a woman's voice. She was very pretty. She looked tanned with long brown hair and very vibrant blue eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"It's been a very long time since someone's asked me that. I've forgotten." She said.

That's weird, it's almost like everyone starts to forget what it was like on earth. Then again, I have to. Little things from my past life have been very hard to remember. In a few years, I doubt I'll remember much from earth besides the obvious.

I wonder if that makes it easier it adjust.

"Okay, that's fine," I said. After that 2 other mythological beasts wanted to follow me and one holy Beast. The others left. I just put them in space because I couldn't make contracts with them. After all, I was contracted with a small Dragon.

As the danger left, I heard people coming up behind me.

"Kobe?" I turned around and saw exactly what I knew would happen. The army was terrified and my 'friends' looked at me like I was a monster.

Well, except for Juan Linyun. But then again he was always good at hiding his emotions.

"I didn't know you were this strong." He said.

"I would never willingly put any of you in danger. I would die before that, but you didn't trust that. So if you think I will forgive you for that, I will not. I hope you all find happiness, but I will not be someone you only trust when it's 'convenient.'"

Juan Linyun looked hurt, but I really didn't care at the moment.

I needed to leave before stronger opponents appeared.

"Besides, I'm a Devil," I said with a strained smile. "I'm sure 'your people' wouldn't love the idea of me hanging around."

He didn't say anything, but that said enough.

"Goodbye." That would be the last thing I would ever say to some of them. Truthfully, I would regret my decisions today until the day I died.

After that, we left.

Days passed by in a blur as I flew back to the tower. How long had it been? to long. When the tower finally came into view a sense of relief came over me. My brother had followed me quietly. I suppose he knew I didn't really feel like talking.

Once we reached the tower, I saw her. Mei was using her fire to melt the snow from the stone path. She looked up and saw me running towards her.

I didn't know it, but tears were running down my cheeks.

"MEI!" I yelled.

"KOBE!" She yelled back. I finally realized I was crying. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," She said.

After a moment, I let her go and she noticed Theon.

"Who?" She asked.

I guess she's finally got used to attractive men.

"My brother Theon, Theon this is Oh Mei Mei."

"My sister's talked about you. It's nice to finally meet you." He said as he put out his hand.

Handshake? Really?

Mei looked at his hand and knitted her brows.

"I- what are you doing?" She asked.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh, I apologize, one of my close friends is similar to you, so I instinctively tried to do what we do in his culture."

"Oh," Mei nodded her head and extended her hand. "Okay then."

I smiled brightly as I saw Theons eyes grow.

After they had a handshake, I made my way inside. There I saw Master reading away at a book.

"Master," I called out.

He looked up and smiled. He looked behind me and noticed Theon.

"Oh? You met other Devils?" He asked as he stood.

"Master, Theon is my brother," I said.

"Brother?" His eyebrows knitted. "You have a brother? Some brother."

I suppose he was referring to my past here on Pangea.