Chapter - 120 - Black Castle

"What happened to that Devil guy you spoke about." She asked.

"Something out of convenience," I said as thought about him. "I hope I never meet that fickle man again."

I sighed as I stood.

"Let's go," I said.

We conversed about different topics and took breaks intermittently so I could sense where the Demon Emperors' castle was.

It seemed pretty far away so the travel period was gonna be long.

And for whatever reason, I didn't remember that I could fly until the second day. Mei didn't appreciate it, but I had to give Tatiana a break.

As we traveled, I really got a grasp of how large this place was. This definitely couldn't be one person's job. Even if you were a God, there's no way. I refused to believe it.

Maybe...a curse? A curse could do this. Though, it would take a really long time.

Makes me wonder.

In any case, we didn't get close until a couple of days later.

As we got close, I could really feel it when I cultivated. What would the castle look like after all this time? After all....50,000 year- my thought was paused when I saw the black dot in the distance.

We flew faster.

As it grew closer, my eyes grew huge.

What the fuck?

The castle was untouched?

Where was everything else? No torn-down city? Not even an ounce of rock? But a completely perfect black castle in the middle of no wear?

What the hell was going on here?

As we reached the front doors, I got a familiar feeling. Was it because I had spoken to the soul of the previous Demon Emperor? Was he influencing me?

"This is crazy." I heard behind me.

"Stay close Mei," I said.

She nodded as I opened the door.

This inside was so much weirder. Everything inside was made out of the same black stone. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Carpet, mirrors, candles, etc. But that wasn't even the strangest part. There was no ounce of dust on anything.

That's when I heard it.

"Come up to the Observatory." I heard in my head.

It seemed Mei didn't hear it, because she was still completely calm. Weirded out sure, but calm.

As we walked up to the Observatory, I saw a picture hanging up on the wall. It struck me. The only thing in this place that was fine. And on it? A man with black hair, and red eyes. Next to the man was a woman with white hair and crystal blue eyes. In the middle? A small little boy, no older than 7 with white hair, and green eyes.

"I guess he really had a family." She said.

"Mhm," I responded. As we continued up, I could feel our connection getting stronger.