Chapter - 13 - Time for School

"Rain, you never spoke of this." He said.

"I also but know of a few words. Only the Elder Dragons know how to really speak it."

This is amazing! This dude and I were speaking utter bullshit! I was laughing inside but I dared not show it on my face. I was calm and composed.

"Oh...well what did she say then?" He knew I was a girl. That....wow.

I glanced but I heard nothing come out of his mouth but he spoke. Holy shit. I felt like a bubble appeared around me.

"What did you say?" He then turned toward me.

I switched to English.

"Anastasia is here."

I wanted to burst out laughing. Fuck you shit head! I can bullshit you all day!

"I have no idea what it means." I continued.

I glanced and Rain and noticed he was still cold.

For a minute, there was no talk, so I just rubbed and nose and tried to think of nice things. Even though the pile of dead bodies was still very obvious.

"So you're here to take him home?" The man asked.

I immediately shook my head.

"He's your Beast. I'm just a messenger. I came to see whether he was still alive and then relay that back to his family. This is all." I replied.

Then it was silence once more.

"Do you know who I am?" The voice called out.

"Heard you were a doctor."

"This is all you know?" He asked.

"All I've heard."

"Do you think I killed that boy?" He asked.

"Don't care."

This made the whole room go very quiet.

I then scratched the back of my head.

"So...can I leave now?" I asked.

"You're not curious about what I look like?" The man asked.

"No, no I'm really not."

"You are very interesting." He said.

"So I've been told." I winked at Rain and proceeded to leave the building. Immediately the smell of rotten flesh was gone and I sucked in huge breaths of fresh air.

I made my way out of the palace and back at the inn 4 hours later.

"How was it? Was he there?" Immediately Anastasia asked me questions.

"I got in and saw your husband. He's fine, just staying with his Master."

"Can I see him?" She asked.

"Not a chance. I got a big bad vibe from this man. I don't trust him at all."

"Oh...alright." She looked a little downcast.

"Though, I did get a message to him."

"You did?!" She was reinvigorated.

"Yep, I was able to tell him you were here. He knows. Now, whether he comes and visits you is another story." I replied.

"True, true." She nodded.

"Well, I would stay here. He will find you if he's able to leave, but do not go finding him. The man he's protecting is not a good human."

She nodded.

"Got it completely."

"Here." I walked over and handed her 7 gold coins. "These will last you a while with just this inn. Stay say and I shall see you and the baby another day."

"Thank you for helping me." She smiled.

"Of course." I smiled and walked out of the room.

I still had things to do. Like, cultivate. That man in there made me realize I still had a lot to learn. Expect, I didn't even know how to read!

Speaking Chinese was always easier for me than learning the characters. I sighed. Then I realized. School! I was 11! Ha! I could go to school as some random kid and learn how to read Chinese! Then I could finally read my cultivation book!

I then slapped my hands together at such a good idea!

I tapped my chin as I walked outside into the night air. I knew nothing of schooling in Ancient China though. I decided to wait till morning for more information.

In the morning, I started asking around about schooling. They talked about a school over in the South everyone wanted to attend. It was used mainly for cultivation, but they also let children attend if they showed promise in that area.

They also admitted people every year just like other schools. This would start in about 2 months, but only the best of the best. If you weren't good, then you didn't get in.

I decided I'd check out that place. If I didn't get in, then there wouldn't be a big loss. All I needed to do was learn Chinese Characters anyway.

I then decided to go and eat some breakfast. After breakfast, I then made my way to the Capital gates. I took my horse and sold the other. I doubted Anastasia would be leaving the Capital any time soon.

I then got on my horse and out I went. I had a general idea of where this school was from the talk of the town, so I made my way that way.

Also, I had about 2 months to get there so I wasn't very quick about it. At night I cultivated, and in the morning I rode.

Then about 2 weeks into the trip, I hit Level 5. I was very happy about this.

Expect I also hit the end of the path. Right in front of me were tall trees and heavy foliage. This was the Forest. In the center of this forest, was the school.

I then noticed the camps surrounding the forest. I got off my horse and made my way to one.

"Excuse me," I spoke out.

A young man turned around. He looked to be 15 or 16.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Yea, I came to try out for this place. I wanted to know why everyone was camped out here." I replied.

"Oh, well those trees will move out of the way and a pathway will be set for people who would like to try out for the school."

I nodded.

"Can we go in before then?" I asked curiously.