Chapter - 42 - A Man

I sat down at what looked to be a previous fire pit. I took some wood someone had left and started up a fire.

It was small but it would keep me warm. I was tired from the day so I got in the Cultivation Stance and calmed myself. Then I took out the water and made a Pure Water orb around me. Once Pure Energy was the only Energy that could enter, I started to cultivate.

I cultivated for a while but during the night I heard sounds coming close. I put away the water and sat calmly in front of the now smaller fire. I couldn't see a lot outside because of how dark it was but I knew someone was coming. I saw a light coming closer and I narrowed my eyes.

Got tired of being out in the cold did ya?

I watched as the person walked in and I also saw the snow falling in piles. The cave entrance was already getting smaller.

The person got into the cave.

This person...why had they been watching me?

I guess I was about to find out.

The person was tall and they wore a hood and mask. They slowly started taking off the mask and I was met with a face.

It was a man. He looked at me and sat down without a word in front of the fire.

The man looked ordinary. I couldn't tell his cultivation so I knew he was stronger than me.

'That man has a lot of strength. Don't offend him.' Ari spoke out.

No shit.

I didn't say anything either and just laid my head back to rest. Expect the man to pull out something.

I looked back to see him pull out a map.

Was that a map of 5 Ranks Mountain? There was no way that was cheap.

I had Ari, so I was fine.

The man looked up and met my eyes.

"Am I wrong, or do you have a Contract with the Water Spirit?" The man asked this out of the clear blue. His voice was deep and soothing.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked.

We seemed to be at a standstill. Then felt that more people were coming. A big group of them.

The man looked annoyed. He put away the map and put it back on his mask.

I just smiled to myself.

The people got closer and then they entered. They were the same people from that crazy Hog Beast. I pursed my lips as I watched them enter.

They noticed us and immediately got quiet.

I didn't say anything and just laid back against the wall for sleep. The people saw I wasn't going to say a word so they also got cozy and built their own fire.

With more people, it did get warmer and I was able to sleep well that night.

The next day I woke up to see the Entrance was still getting covered by snow. The people were also waking up.

I looked over to see the man-eating some rations.

I wasn't hungry; I had cultivated the night before. I just stood up and stretched. It was time to leave.

I walked to the entrance and started turning the snow into water.

Beside me, the man came up and let fire exit his body. He started melting the snow.

We worked together and a way out was made. I left and the man followed. Once we got a distance away from that group, I turned around.

"Why are you following me?" I narrowed my eyes.

"You haven't answered my question." The man said.

I sighed.

"Okay, yes. I have a contract with the Water Spirit." I said quietly.

The man nodded.

"Capture her." His voice turned commanding.

"What?!" I yelled.

Suddenly, people, who were definitely higher rank than me, appeared. They wore all black.

'Should I do something?' Rone asked.

I bit my lower lip.

"Why? Why do you want me?" I asked.

"You will see." The man said.

The people drew closer and I knew I was going to get captured without Rone doing something. I pursed my lips. Wait!

"Stop!" I shouted. "I can't go with you."

The man raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you know of the sword this mountain holds."

The man narrowed his eyes.

"How do you know of if." He raised his hand and men in black stopped.

"Not important. What is, is that sword."

"Why are you telling me this? It won't change me taking you." The man said.

"I know where the sword is." My words hit hard. The man's eyes grew wide.

'Kobe, I can sense the sword, but I can only get you close. I don't know the exact spot.' Ari spoke up.

"You know where the sword is? This gives me even more reason to take you."

I nodded.

"True, but I propose a trade."

"A trade?" He raised a brow.

"I tell you where the sword is and you leave me the hell alone." There's no way he's gonna go for this! I pursed my lips.

"It won't do me any good." The man waved his hand as if throwing away the idea. "Get her."

He turned around to walk away.

I sighed.

This....

'I can intervene.' Rone spoke up.

I bit my lower lip.

I shook my head. I wasn't in any serious danger. I'll just go and see what happens.

"I'll go," I spoke up. "No need to use force." I started walking forward behind him.

He turned his head to face mine.

"You're too slow." He said.

What?

Then a man in black came up behind me and threw me over his shoulder.

"Hey! You little shit! I'm not a fucking bag of potatoes!" This was so embarrassing!

The man didn't listen and everyone jumped up high. I was actually quite amazed. They were so quick!

Though I was distraught. They started jumping quickly away from the mountain.