Chapter - 104 - Meeting an Old Acquaintance

What he does then with that information will be his own decision. He could grow to hate me or even the world, but that shall wait. He is now but a baby. 

Bu morning, I was ready to leave this city. I had a year left until I was able to see master again.

Then again, I would have to cautious. If I went back and the place was crawling with people, I would have to wait on returning.

If anything, I was interested in finding the home of the Emperor Beast. Then again, the beast could be hostile and there was no way I could survive any fight with him.

Then I thought of the war going on.

Maybe I could be of service to this old friend.

I decided there was no reason to be quick as I hadn't heard of any large defeats. I would just buy a horse and travel through the monster infested forest. They were just asleep now after the Beast Stampede. They would all mostly wake up around the next couple of years. Expect for the mythical beast and above. They wouldn't wake up for a good 10 more years at least.

Travel had opened up since the Beast Stampede and the road I chose to go out was full with people traveling. Some wanted to escape the war and others just wanted to do trade with the surrounding villages that were not full of new trade.

I suspect this road will one day become a new trade route.

I was still in simple garb but people still looked at me funny while others looked at me with pity.

Then, all of the sudden as everyone was traveling through, we heard a large roar in the distance. The horse I was on was from a village close to this forest so it didn't jump in fright. Though some did.

A noble was coming though and one the carriage fell over to the ground. The one behind it remained steady. Even the horses remained unfazed.

Since the road was now clogged, I chose to be noisy, and the fact the baby had now awoke and was crying.

I took out some milk substitute and put it in with water I had. I shook it as I unwrapped the baby from my chest.

"Shhh..." I said calmly and softly. "Hungry?" I asked as I put the bottle in his mouth.

He drank took it instantly and started to drink.

As I sat on the horse I was able to watch from a good vantage point as a disheveled man crawled out of the carriage and it happened to be none other then GuFin.

Out of the second carriage came another familiar face, Lin HunLu.

They still traveled together, how interesting.

I watched as GuFin yelled at his guards for letting it happen as Lin HunLu stood back with an unfazed face. He definitely looked older now. Maybe even close to 20.

He aged nicely.

I lost interest quickly his constant yelling and looked for a way to pass around them. Expect, out of the woods came assassins.

What the hell?

They seemed to be heading for GuFin and Lin HunLu. I could intervene but I seriously didn't want to.

Though, it seems I didn't have to. Lin HunLu sent out multiple needles immediately killing most of them. The last 3 quickly retreated in fright.

The baby started crying again in my arms but I just brought him up to my chest and burped him.

As I did this, Lin HunLu noticed and walked over.

Did he know who I was, unlikely.

"You, you seem unfazed by so much death."

The fuck?

Then I remembered that he just slaughtered like 17 men with one strike.

In that moment, for what ever reason, I decided to have some fun.

"It's been a long time Lin HunLu."

He immediately grew shocked. I just smiled.

Before either of us could say anything more, a closer screech was heard. It was very close this time.

I immediately turned my head and narrowed my eyes. I sensed outward in that direction and grew confused. The beast was running this way but it didn't didn't seem angry. If anything it was probably a new mythical beast.

My mind froze at that thought.

"Shit."

I turned my horse and started galloping in to the forest toward the noise.

I kept sensing around my self until I was directly in front of its path.

It was coming in quick and I needed to stop it before it ran over some humans. The wind energy inside me had already started to reach  my body's limit, so this was good time to use it.

I breathed in and got my hands ready. I heard the pounding of foot steps coming in quick. Until it was a few feet in front of me.

I breathed out and shot air energy from inside of my self outward. Immediately, the air around me followed.

It hit the beast. The beast immediately went unconscious.

I sighed and walked over.It looked like was some sort of tiger mutation. It's color was a vibrant blue with black stripes.

I walked closer and gave him a wind slap to wake him up.

He groaned and looked up at me.

I spoke in English.

"Hey fuck face, you new?" I asked.

"Yea." A girls voice exited the tiger. I stand corrected.

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Yesterday." She said as she struggled to stand.

She was huge so she had sized down to talk to me.

"You can't go around causing a ruckus like that, people get scared and then they want to kill you." I said crossing my arms.

"Humans?" I thought this place was just filled with animals.

"Of course there are humans. There are also other creatures besides your self."

"Could you teach me? I got another chance at life and I almost messed it up."

I smirked.

"Yea, I guess." I looked at were my horse use to be.