Chapter - 123 - Speaking with the Elf God

As the light faded, I touched the ground. I turned my head and smiled.

"Let's go," I said as I reached out my hand.

Mei ran over and clasped my hand.

"Let's!"

And like that, light surrounded us. All I had to do was think of my destination. It takes a lot of concentration. Especially if you're sending someone somewhere with you.

That's usually why someone would stand outside of the array and just put In a destination. But I had to do it the hard way.

By the time the light faded, we were on the array that I remembered. Many Elfs turned my way. Some dropped what they were doing.

I stepped forward and off the array.

"I have some business with the Elf God," I said as I looked around at the buildings. Still the same magnificence.

One stepped forward. He seemed to be a guard.

"Who are you?"

I put up my hands.

"Kobe the Devil Goddess. Nice to meet you." I said with a smile. "Though, I'm sure you know me by the title Kobe the Beast Tamer."

Immediately, the Elf's eyes grew large.

His face showed all sorts of emotions.

From afar I saw him. The Emperor of the Elfs. We made eye contact. His eyes scanned past me. Mei was just coming off the Array.

She remained quiet and respectful as she stood behind me.

"Im surprised you came back." He said as he scanned me.

"Why?" I asked as I stepped forward.

"It's bad manners to leave the Elf tribe without prior consent."

"You told me I could leave after I fixed the Array, just did as told," I said with a shrug.

His serious face grew to show a small smile.

"Seems you really are the new Devil Goddess." He said as he looked at my now white hair.

"Yea..." I said with a small smile. "But besides that, I came here to have a talk. I give you important information and in return, get me in contact with the Spirits."

"Oh?" He raised a brow. "The Spirits hate Devils."

Why does every race hate the Devils? It can't be the Demon Emperor, can it?

I pursed my lips.

"Can we talk in private?" I asked.

"You have to guts to come back here, I don't see why not." He said.

And so, I followed him back to his Palace.

I heard a whispered wow from behind me. Mei was having the same reaction I had when I was here.

As we entered the Palace, he lead me to his study.

As we entered. He looked over at Mei who entered with me.

"She's my sworn sister, Oh Mei Mei, a human," I said.

"Mmmm." He motioned for her to sit in a chair off to the side.

She bowed.

"Thank you, your grace." She said as she sat down.

I sat down in front of him.

"You strike me as the type of ruler who wouldn't take advantage of others. Or, I mean, I hope you won't take advantage of me." I said.

"That depends on the information."He said as he laid back in his chair.

"Ever heard of the name Orion?" I asked.

His brows knitted.

"I take that as a yes. Soon, the leader of the Orions will start a war. Their leader is the Human God. A God who has lived since the last Devil God. The Demon Emperor."

The Elf God's eyes grew as he listened.

"I can't tell you where he will strike first, but my guess will be the Mermaids. After all, killing them will cause utter chaos." I paused. "Also, he is controlling people with a yellow grub. I'm sure he's already started on Beast as well. And don't think the Elfs are immune. I'm sure the grub has already found its way into each race."

"How do you know all of this?" He asked.

"I don't know how else to explain it besides traveling and people I met along the way. Though, after I met the Creator..." I tapped quickly on the chair handle. "I'm sure I wasn't so lucky. No, I know I was being led in this direction."

The Elf God's eyes grew.

"You met the Creator?"

I nodded and he continued.

"That...I only ever spoke to one Deity."

"I'm sure it would have been the same for me. Though, for whatever reason, my existence in this world has been regarded as special."

His eyes grew.

"You speak highly of yourself."

I saw it, a hint of jealousy.

I smirked.

"Want my position? Do you have any idea what my position in tales?" I asked as I stood. "If you don't mind, I'll be paying a visit to your library. I need some information." I paused before I left. "If you could get me in contact with the Spirits, I would be very grateful."

After that, I left with Mei.

"You were a little harsh." She said next to me.

"I wonder." I turned to her. "Are you jealous of me?"

Her eyes grew.

She immeditally shook her head.

"You sort of have a lot on your plate..."

I turned away.

"That's why I was harsh." I continued. "People want in my position and he won't be the last. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, I'm going to have to bring together races who despise my race." As I finished, we reached the library. "Now, I don't know if the library will accept me. If it does, foxes will come out and guide me in."I paused. "If they come for you, do not take the book out." I turned to her with a serious expression.

I still wasn't sure how this Library worked, but I knew the information inside must have been collected from around the world. Maybe, it was even being collected continuously.

I got closer and some foxes ran out. I smiled softly. 2 even ran to Mei.

I turned to her.

"Follow that feeling," I said with a smile as I saw her expression.