Chapter - 52 - Winter Solstice Festival

Little did I know, I would face many obstacles to get to that point.

It had been 4 weeks since Master taught me healing abilities. He was very happy with my progress and gave me the next 4 days off.

My Master didn't give me any hard rules on not to leave. He wasn't controlling in any way, but I knew he would much rather stay in the tower were he knew I was safe.

I knew he cared for me. More then my own 'flesh and blood' so I stayed in area around the tower.

Every day I laid around and basked in the sun. Oh MeMei went and cultivated every day almost. She really wanted to reach Rank 2 by the end of the year. It seemed possible with the books she had access to. She just might be able to do it.

I needed to level up but I was so tired of dealing with it, but by springs end I was ready to start back cultivating.

I worked every day almost cultivating and practicing. I even decided to learn a new technique. This technique was used for the Holy Might sword.

It was called Ice Blade. This skill made ice get on the blade from surrounding water and cause a ice slash at the target.

I still had Ari the Water Spirit so getting water was no problem.

After a month I had leveled up. I was now Rank 3 Level 4.

For all of summer all I did was practice with Holy Might and cultivate. My healing was getting a little neglected but it was still getting better.

By the time fall rolled around I was Rank 3 Level 5. I was close to Level 6 but not there quite yet.

Aden had entered a deep sleep by this time and Master said he would turn into a Celestial Beast by years end.

For Fall I decided to focus on two new skills. One for flight and another for concealing breath.

This flight and concealing breath had nothing to do with your element but all to do with mental strength. My apparently wasn't very strong because I hadn't worked on it at all.

So I took a break from cultivating and worked on my mental capabilities.

Master had me sit cross legged in the middle of the forest and just think about the animals, so for days I did this and just ate and used the bathroom when I needed to.

After a couple of weeks he came back and told me to try and focus on one sound at a time.

After falls end this had become somewhat easier, but I could feel I still had a way to go.

When winter hit I was getting prepared to go into an Empire I heard about from Master.

Every year this Empire had a large party for the Winter Solstice.

This year was special because there was supposed to be a meteor shower that night. The astrologers all talked about it.

Oh MeMei and Master were also getting ready for the party we were all going to attend. I even decided I would dress up in my male getup.

I was very excited and so a week before the Winter Solstice me, Oh MeMei and Master all left for the Empire.

3 days in to the trek we met another family also make their way to the Empire.

Our story was that I was Chen FuLin, Oh MeMei was Chen MeMei and Master was Chen WenHu.

We all walked along in harmony until day 5 in to the walk.

I was yawning as I had just woken up and there I saw one of the young boys hitting on Oh MeMei.

The fuck. Did they not think 22 year olds were old? What was he? 17? Did he like older women?

I walked over to them to try and interrupt.

"Big Sis is there any more food?" I knew there was food but this was the best I could come up with.

She nodded and looked at me with help in her eyes.

"Come and eat with me big sis." I grabbed her hand and pulled her away.

"Hey, I was talking to her." The boy yelled out.

I turned my head and stuck my tongue out.

After we were a distance away I stopped and pulled out some food from my void tattoo.

My void tattoo held emergency supplies we might need for the future. Some of it being food.

"You really shouldn't just pull that out." Oh Me Mei said.

"I have a bag on my hip. As long as it looks like it came from there, I think I'll be fine." I said.

"Alright." She shook her head and took a bite out of her own food.

Master was also awake by this time and was also eating. He also seemed to be in deep thought so I don't disturb him.

Days pasted again and we entered the Empire the day of the festival. The streets were filled with people talking and laughing. Stalls sold coats and other sold hot soups.

I just used my air element to heat up the air around me. It was a little hard but it worked.

Oh MeMei wore a coat and hat to keep her self warm.

We walked together through the crowds to the best spot in this place for the Winter Solstice festival. Master took us to a restaurant with many levels and a balcony from floor 2 to floor 5. The only problem was the long line. I looked around and wondered why he would bring us here.

"If it isn't old man Sei." One of the guarding men looked over happily. "Come on in. The owner is expecting you."

Owner?!

I glanced over at the line to see surprised faces. Was this what it was like to be treated like a celebrity?

As we entered I heard talking of very happy people. A lot of the tables were moved to the windows for the better show of the meteor shower to come.