Chapter - 39 - 5 Ranks Mountain

I pursed my lips.

I grew quiet and then sometime later we slowed. I looked up the see just a speck of light. I was far down.

Everything around me was black.

'Use the glowing water.' Ari said.

I let the water flow out. I slowly poured Pure Energy into the water. The darkness then let up. I saw a dark substance. I was a little confused by it. Then the rock slowed to a stop and in front of me was a weird material. I looked down to see a single smooth yellow pebble. Expect the yellow pebble was surrounded by a weird black substance. I could only see the pebble by a thin layer of the black substance.

"Earth spirit, do you need that pebble?" Everything grew quiet. Then I heard a sigh.

'You're looking at me.'

I let out a strong breath and paced my breath. Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh.

"Mmmm....okay. How do I get you out?" I asked.

The serpent slowly and turned into dust. I was able to stand at the bottom.

'You have a Spirit Contract, so you can break this stuff. Its use is to capture anything Pure. It sucks up all the Pure Energy so I barely have any to break it.

Then there's the fact that all Spirits are pure so as you can see, I can not escape.'

I nodded.

"But Pure Energy can break it?" I asked.

'Either Dark or Pure Energy can if you have enough of it. You just don't want to be stuck in it.'

I smiled.

"Funny. Okay..." I stepped forward and looked closer at the black substance. "What do I do?"

'Hold out your hands.'

I did as told.

'Now, I want you to pour your Pure Energy into the black substance it will slowly break from the outside. Once it does, I can gather the surrounding stone to grab me out before it forms back.'

I nodded.

I slowly poured in the Pure Energy and slowly the Black substance deteriorated away.

After a good size hole was made in came a hand made of dirt of stone and out went the pebble.

I stopped with the energy and the black substance formed back. I turned around to the pebble being held up by dirt and stone.

'Thank you human.' He said.

"Of course." I smiled.

'Let me help you out.'

Up I flew to the surface with the power of the ground.

I reached the top but along the way, we took stops because my ears were popping.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later." I smiled his way.

'Wait.' He said.

I peered at the pebble.

"Yea?"

'I would like to travel with you. It will be easier if you get in trouble for me to save you.'

I blinked in shock.

"Su-sure," I said as I reached down for him. "My names Kobe by the way," I said as I held on to him.

'Nice to meet you, Kobe. My name is Rone.'

"Nice to meet you, Rone. This is Aden, by the way. He's a close friend of mine."

"Hello," Aden said.

'Oh, a Holy Beast. I hadn't noticed. Well, let's leave before that man comes back.' Rone said.

"I agree. I have an idea. I dug in my bag with my other hand and pulled out some wire. I usually use the wire for shelters. Then I started to wrap the wire around Rone.

I made it into a sort of pendant.

I smiled and took out the necklace that held the emerald.

I put Rone on my necklace and put the necklace back in my dress.

"Easy!" I exclaimed.

'Wonderful.' Rone said in complete sarcasm.

"Oh shut up. Now I won't lose you!"

He got quiet and away I went. Days passed in that spot and later on a man arrived to check on the Earth Spirit only to find it gone. The man was perplexed as he then quickly left in search of the missing Earth Spirit.

Those same days later I had finally reached 5 Ranks Mountain. It was quite cold this far up north.

I wore an animal coat from the one I wore in winter back at the tower. It was one I had sent back from a village. It was a dark blue in color and animal hair on the inside. I wrapped it around myself to keep myself warm as I stared up at the winter wonderland that was this mountain. It also had patches of thick forest. I also noticed a few other people here as well. I was very excited to enter the mountain and raise my expertise.

I started my walk in but was stopped by a side voice. I looked over to see a group of young people looking at me.

"Hey! Kid! What are you doing here?" One girl asked.

"Mind your own fucking business." I spit coldly and turned my attention back to the mountain.

"Hey! You can't just say that to my girlfriend!" A man yelled out.

I ignored him and kept forward through the snow.

"Hey!" Hawk Eyes activated and I felt a wave of water coming my way.

I raised one finger. I used surrounding snow and made a wall of ice quickly. The water hit and fell down.

I broke the ice with the snap of my fingers.

"Come at me again and I won't be too kind.~" I called out behind me.

They stopped after that.

I looked up at the mountain and the closer I got to the inside, the happier I became.

I slowly entered the mountains forest and looked around at all of the white. What a beautiful sight!

I hummed to myself as I walked further in. I walked in a straight path just looking at all of the beauty of the white and a clear blue sky.

Then Hawk Eyes activated.

I smirked.

I twirled around on the balls of my feet to meet the eyes of one hungry Vicious Beast. A Blood Wolf.