Chapter - 17 - A Mistake

"Yep." I nodded.

"Your dorm is to the left. On that path."

I nodded seriously.

"Thank you." I smiled and made my way on the path to my dorm.

There were hanging willows and cherry blossom trees. It was not the time of year for them to bloom either but they were anyway. I was a little confused but I just kept forward.

I reached the end of the trail and was quite amazed at what I saw. There were 4 courtyards all sort of settled in their own areas. They were much nicer than the dorm rooms by far. I walked forward and saw a servant sweeping.

"Oh, you must be the 'new' student. Your dorm room is that one."

He pointed to the one on the far right. I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you."

I made my way into the courtyard and was quite amazed. It was so beautiful. A fountain was flowing with very nicely put shrubbery everywhere. I was quite pleased.

Then I thought about all that I'd passed. There were the normal dorms. Then the 5 large dorms for Inner Disciples and these 4 courtyard rooms. I was quite curious about how much one of these would cost for a whole school year.

I made a mental note to check later with the old man.

I stretched and made my way inside my new home. It was quite spacious and nicely furnished. There was even a sitting room and a little kitchen at the side. I checked the pantry and found it had quite a bit of food I could use to prepare meals. I was very excited about this.

I went into my bedroom and nodded in approval. There was a net used to keep out bugs at night and a desk for what I guessed to be school work.

I yawned and turned to the bed. I undressed and laid down in only my underwear. I passed out happily.

I woke up later to the sound of cooking. I have a chef? How fun!

I yawned and sat up. I noticed it was getting dark so I got up and searched for a candlelight. I lit the candle under the moonlight and looked for a wardrobe. I opened it up to see school clothes. I decided that would be better than the white clothes I had gotten dirty so I slipped them on. Expect they were made for a boy, but I just guessed they always had boys in the Inner Disciple section so they just hadn't changed mine out.

I stepped out of my bedroom to meet a familiar face cooking.

"What the fuck?" I was shocked. My hair was down and the clothes were too big. All I had was one hand holding up the clothes and the other holding the candle lamp.

He turned around to be completely shocked.

"What are you doing in my room?!" His eyes were large. He immediately put up a defense of chilling cold air.

"Your room?! I was told this was my room."

It was about then the door burst open and he and I turned our heads.

"Oh, so you both know." The old man burst through the door to see our faces.

"Why is she in my room?" He was quite angry.

But then again, so was I.

"Why is he in my room?"

"We had a mix-up." The old man said.

"Mix up?" I raised a brow.

"This room was supposed to be yours." He looked at me. "But then we realized that this room was always reserved for you Juan LinYun. We made the mistake. Now Chen FaSin if you would please follow me."

I blinked.

"I-I can't," I said.

"Why?" He looked at me.

"One moment," I said and I scurried back in the room. I changed back into my white outfit and grabbed my belongings.

I also folded up his school uniform and came out. This time I also put half my hair up.

"I put this on." I sat it down on a table.

"I don't want it. Take it. Burn it if you have time."

My face turned beet red with anger. I noticed there was a fire in a stove so I picked up the folded school outfit right in front of him and threw it in with zero fucks.

"Happy? Go suck your dick and lighten up, fuck face!" I yelled.

I stomped out as I passed the old man and heaved. What did he think I have? Some disease? Well, fuck him!

Then I thought about my older brother. I bit my lip and just ran forward. No, don't remember him. You're fine Kobe. You're happy here. He's not around anymore. It was then out of all days and times it had to start raining and for the first time since I came to this world, I started to cry.

Who was I kidding? I missed my father. I missed my grandparents. I missed my cat, Sandy. I used flight steps to jump into a tree and cry. I cried for an unknown time but I stopped and fell asleep at some time. I awoke with a large headache. I got to the ground and noticed a note below the tree.

'I don't know what happened Chen FaSin but your dorm is number 3."

I grabbed up the note and made my way to my dorm under the morning light. It had stopped raining in the night but I was still cold so I hurried into my room and stripped down to nothing and drew myself water and put some logs on to heat up the tub. I laid in the tub and looked up at the ceiling.

"I am Kobe, I was born December 7th. I am alive and I am fine."

I closed my eyes and a single tear slid down my face.

"I am fine," I repeated. I repeated it for a while until the fire stopped and the water started to get cold. I got up and found that there was underwear for girls my age. How thoughtful of them.

I made my way to my bed and passed for a while.