Chapter - 18 - Proving Myself

I awoke to the sound of knocking.

I sat up and grabbed some school clothing and quickly put it on as I reached the door. I opened the door and saw it was Wang HuDan.

"Oh hey, Wang HuDan."

"Hey, I heard you were staying here. You don't look so well, are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, that? I just caught a small cold is all. I'll be fine tomorrow. What brings you here?"

"Oh, well I stay in 2." He pointed at his courtyard.

"I see. Was that all?" I asked.

"I mean, I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to the martial area."

Oh no....yesterday. I said I would go to the martial arena. Fuck me in the ass.

"Yeah sure. Give me a second."

I went back in and looked in the mirror. I looked like dog shit. I looked up at the ceiling and huffed. I cleaned off my face with water and put up my hair half up with a clip.

I grabbed my bag and hid it inside one of my bottom pillows. After that, I hid my blade in my clothes, and out I went.

"Okay, let's go." I gave a smile.

We stepped out of my courtyard and I saw Mr. Ice Shit walking out as well. He looked at me and I mouthed fuck you.

I turned back and continued talking to Wang HuDan.

"So tell me about this arena," I said.

"Oh, well is quite simple. See there are a lot of kids in this school and so there isn't just one large arena. It's basically built up into small arenas with one big one in a totally different location. The big one is for school battles. School battles happen every semester against kids of the same grade. Once you get down to like 6 kids they move over to the big arena."

I nodded.

"So kids train in these smaller ones?" I asked.

"Yep."

"What about Ranking and Leveling?" I asked.

"Every month all of the kids get together of their grades and they get Ranked and Leveled. The largest of the grade is given a prize. The prize can consist of anything. Usually, though, the lower grades don't get good prizes because their Levels and Ranks aren't much to talk about."

"So how old are you?" I asked as I looked over.

"I'm 16. You're 11 right?" He asked.

"Mhm." By this time we had reached the food court. I walked inside and immediately smelled breakfast.

My mouth salivated and I immediately walked over to the line. I stood in line and stared a the food being served. I hadn't had time to eat in my courtyard so this was the next best thing!

"Hey, you."

I turned and saw a tall boy right next to me.

"Move over squirt."

Everyone looked over. Including Wang HuDan. I made eye contact with Wang HuDan and slightly shook my head. This was the moment I could either let Wang HuDan help me or I could prove myself in a room full of boys.

"Step back beanstalk." I gave a disgusted look.

"You!" He reached out to grab me and I watched his hand in slow motion. He was a lower level than me. I smirked. Hawk Eyes helped me out and grabbed his hand and immediately stepped behind him and yanked his arm behind him. I kicked behind his leg at his knee and he fell. Then, at last, I took my other hand and slammed his head into the wall.

"Come at me again, and I'll break your hand beanstalk," I said out loud.

I let go and stepped back into line.

He got up and grabbed his hand. He gave me an angry look and left the food court. I paid no more attention and neither did the food servers. Apparently, this was normal for new ones to prove their selves or be pushed down and be used.

After waiting in line, I grabbed some quail boiled eggs and some strips of meat. I enjoyed my meal as me and Wang HuDan made our way to the martial arena.

"So Wang HuDan, what Rank and Level are you?" I looked over at him.

"I'm Rank 3 Level 7."

I nodded.

"Is Ranking and Leveling up hard?" I asked.

"Completely, I cultivate every night and for years. I was very lucky to get to Rank 3 Level 7. Though my elements also help."

"Elements?"

"Oh, yea I have Fire and Earth so I can use magma."

"Cool." I nodded seriously.

"You seemed like you could handle yourself. What Rank and Level are you?" He looked over at me.

"Rank 2 Level 1," I said with no care.

"Your what?!" He was shocked.

I stopped.

"What?" I looked at him with confusion.

"You...you are something else. No wonder you cleared that forest." He shook his head.

We walked in silence for the rest of the walk to the martial arena.

As we got closer, I started to see other females. It felt nice to see other estrogen holders. When I was about to go find Po YeSong, Wang HuDan put his hand on my other shoulder.

I was about to give him a, what the fuck? When I saw a couple of girls walking my way. One looked very angry.

"Wang HuDan? Is this your new slut?" A girl with huge breast stepped forward.

My eyes grew wide.

Holy shit, what are those? Triple D's?! I looked down at my none existent breast and sighed inside. What a real tragedy.

"Yu WenSu, leave her alone, we are friends." Wang HuDan stepped in.

I had completely forgotten what the big boob girl had said. I just looked at her with utter calmness. I also did not forget to hit off Wang HuDan's hand.

"Do you want anything?" I asked big boob girl.

She wanted to speak but she didn't say anything.

"Cool, I got to go. Wang HuDan, I'll see you later. Enjoy your girlfriend."