Chapter - 31 - Our Evils

By the time I opened my eyes, It was nighttime and master wasn't there. 

I stood and made my way down the path back to the tower. As I grew closer, I saw the man from before coming out. Before I could say anything, he started to talk.

"I'm leaving."

"I see that. May we meet again." I said as I turned my head back toward the tower.

"Before you go, you said you were a Pure Blood?"

I nodded.

He laid out his hand.

"I want to check something."

I put my hand on his and immeditally regretted it. Unwanted memories from him immeditally entered my mind.

A small child hid in a box while he heard moans from outside the box. Tears streamed down his face while he laid in darkness. Day after day all he got to eat were scraps from his hooker mother. The woman refused to kill him. She only loved to watch the child suffer. She would call the child her revenge. But really he didn't care. 

After some time, the place burned down, but the boy was able to escape.

He met an older man who took him in and showed him the ropes of cultivation. He grew strong and left behind his old life. 

I immeditally let go and looked up at him in horror. 

He looked at me with a  tilted head. 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I saw....memories..." I said.

"You..." He paused. "You should be able to control that by not having the energy in your hands when you touch someone." 

I nodded as I looked at him with a newfound curiosity.

"I'm sorry...I saw your memories without your consent." I said.

"It was a long time ago." 

"I know...but I just feel like I owe you something," I said.

"What about your memories?" He asked.

I paused and considered it.

"How do I share mine?" I asked.

"Just pore your energy into me and attach a memory along with it." He said.

I nodded. 

"Okay."

I stepped forward and put out my hand for him to grab ahold of. He did and I slowly started to do what he said. I attached my memory and I slowly started to recall my previous life.

The wind made me sneeze as I walked back home from school. My eyes focused on a lone butterfly as it flew by me. I smiled as I watched it fly by. I looked forward when I heard a voice.

"My little sister." I looked up and smiled.

My older brother, Theon. 

"Big brother!" I exclaimed. 

"How was school?" He asked.

"Good, I passed my spelling test." 

"That's great." He said with a smile. "Mom and dad will be happy to hear that." 

"Hehe." I said happily. 

We walked back in silence after that. I focused on all sorts of bugs and birds as we walked along the street. My mind continued to roam until we reached the front door. 

We went inside and I saw my mom putting cookies on the table.

"Mommy!" I exclaimed as I ran forward into her arms.

She picked me up in happiness and twirled me around. 

"My baby, how are you?" 

"I passed my spelling test!" I exclaimed.

"Wonderful!" She said as she kissed my head. "Now go wash your hands while I get dinner ready."

I headed over to the kitchen and passed daddy along the way.

"Daddy!" I said happily.

"Go wash your hands sweetie, I'll see you at the table." He said with a smile.

"Okay."

I stepped on a step stool and started to wash my hands under the sink. I sang a song while I thought about the cookies. 

Suddenly, I heard yelling. I stepped down with wet hands and walked around the corner.

"Theon, when did you stop taking your medication?" Dad asked Theon.

"Dad, I don't need it." He said as he finished setting the table.

"Theon, please, I went and got some today." He sat down a bottle.

"I DON'T NEED IT!" My brother screamed.

Suddenly he grabbed a knife.

"GET THAT AWAY FROM ME!" He screamed at dad.