Chapter - 3 - The Snake is a WHAT?!

"Not real~!" I sang to myself.

"Oh, I am very real!" I heard behind me.

Brain you can stop it now! I don't want to be crazy!

"Hey!" Then the snake fell down in front of me.

I screamed and fell back on my butt.

"Owww! Stupid, not the real thing!" I yelled.

"Excuse me! I am real." It said.

"I'm going crazy!" I put my hands on my face and yelled into my hands.

"You're not crazy. Haven't you heard of talking Beast before?" It asked.

"Why would I hear of talking Beast on earth?" I asked the snake while my hands were still on my face.

"Earth?" I heard. "Wow, you're really not from here."

I looked up and noticed the snake actually had a shocked expression.

"Well let me enlighten you. I am also from earth but I died in a car accident years ago. My name was and is Aden."

I blinked.

"I'm sure this is crazy for you but imagine waking up in the body of a snake." It said.

I started laughing hysterically.

"O-oh yea? What w-world are we on then?" I wiped my eyes as I looked at the snake.

"The humans call it Wuan Wei. We Beast call it Second Chance."

"There's more like you?" I asked.

"Yes, there is." The snake said.

I nodded.

"Interesting."

I'm not gonna lie, I started to believe the snake. Mostly because I couldn't explain to myself while I was now eleven.

"Now, based on your look and demeanor, it seems like two things happened. One, you were a commoner who was imprisoned for something, and then two, the previous person died and you took over."

"Your right. How did you know?" I asked.

"Your bald, that's usually what they do to prisoners as a deterrent of lice. Though it also does really good at humiliating someone. The other because you didn't know that some Beast can talk." The snake said.

I nodded and pursed my lips.

"Are there other humans like me?" I asked.

"Not that I know of. You're the first." The snake said.

I nodded. We also talked completely in English.

"I'm also very hurt." The snake said. "So I'll lead you to my home where it's safe. I will also be able to sleep and rest more if you hold me."

Ah, why not. I've already accepted my stupid fate of already being dead.

I put out my hand and noticed the snake had a large gash on its side. Then I remembered last night and the blood. The gash was healing but it looked like something was stopping the process.

In any case, the snake climbed on. It was cold and scaly.

"What's your name?" It asked.

"Oh, it's Kobe. Nice to meet you, Aden." I said.

"Nice to meet you too, Kobe."

So the days went like this. Aden helped me find food while we made our way to his home. I grew closer to him and it was cool to have a talking Snake as a friend.

By the first week of me being in this world, we had reached his home. It was a large cave.

I wondered why a small snake would need such a large cave to live in, but I have no complaints. I just walked right in with Aden.

I then put him down in a nest he pointed out and I went to sleep. I was very tired as I had walked that whole day!

By the eighth day, I was refreshed and ready to eat something. Aden was still asleep so I didn't touch him. I just got up and made my way outside. There was a water source nearby but nothing else worth looking at. I hummed and looked around more maybe I'll just walkways and to see if I can find some food.

As I was beginning to walk, Aden came out. I looked down and saw him slithering toward me.

"Hey," I said.

"What are you doing?" Aden asked.

"I'm still a human. I want food." I said.

"I forgot about that. If I was any normal Beast, I'd be the same."

"Oh?" I questioned.

"I'm a Holy Beast," Aden said.

"Where compared to other Beast does that put you?" I was quite curious and forgot all about my want for food.

"There are Common Beast. These are you Rabbits to Lions. Nothing special going on here. That is until they turn into a Vicious Beast. Not sure how the transition happens. These guys just go around being stupid and kill whatever they find. They have no consciousness. That is until they become Mythical Beast. This is when they get consciousness. Every other Mythical Beast has one from Earth. Then there is Holy Beast. I and the rest of them are just stronger than before. Our physical food intake is also greatly reduced because we start feeding off the air around us. This is how we cultivate. Then there is Celestial Beast. These guys are on a whole other playing field. They are huge and have been in this world for a long time. They are usually asleep as they rarely eat and have no interest in humans at all. I've only ever met three personally and even the last one I saw was over forty years ago. Then there's Godly Beast. The only way to become one of these is to be blessed by the one and only Emperor Beast. There is only ever one in existence. I've never seen a Godly Beast, let alone caught a glimpse of the Emperor Beast. It's said though, there are only two Godly Beast in existence. The word is, they protect us Beast in secret." Aden ended there.

I nodded.

"I take it you like being a Holy Beast then?" I raised a brow.

"Most definitely."

I laughed.

"I'm starving." I looked down at Aden.

"Oh, yes, I forgot about this. Hold on." Then he stood up and made a call of some sort but I couldn't hear it. After that, a deer made its way over.