Chapter - 125 - Not Stealing

It seemed they wanted to figure out how they could make someone in this unemotional state do what they want.

But the book ended before it elaborated on it anymore.

I was getting ready to put the books back when a fox laid the Alchemy Guu book back on my lap. My eyes grew.

"Can I take this?" I asked.

It nodded.

My eyes blinked.

"Thank you," I said as I stood holding it.

I put it in my space as the foxes lead me back out. I suppose I would need it later. But then again, I didn't really want to create Guu, but who knows maybe I could become an alchemist.

As we left the library, I saw Mei waiting nearby with an Elf Guard.

Her wrist were in cuffs.

I bit my tongue as I walked forward.

"Kobe, they don't believe me." She started off with.

"About?" I asked.

"The foxes let me keep a book." She said. "I wanted to learn some Fire Spells. Spells only I could learn because it's my only element." She pointed to the red book in his hands.

"Oh...I don't see the big deal, they let me keep one too." I said.

Immediately the surrounding Elfs freaked out.

"Where is it?" The Elf Guard asked.

"In my space," I replied.

"Impossible, the books are special, you would never be allowed to put one in your space, don't try to stick up for her." He said.

"Are you calling me a liar?" My eyes grew. "You know what." I turned around back to the library. "Excuse me, library person, hey I need some help out here. Don't know if you could send out a fox or something to prove we aren't lying."

Within seconds, a little white fox came running out of the library.

I bent down and the small fox ran up and into my arms.

I turned back around to see a shocked guard. I walked over to Mei and the guard and the small fox went for the book. The guard obviously let it go. The fox then jumped down and set the book in front of Mei while simultaneously wagging its tail.

"I would like the cuffs off." Said Mei.

The cuffs fell off and Mei dropped down to grab the book.

The white fox jumped up and onto her shoulders as she stood back up.

"What a cute fox." She said. The fox nuzzled up to Mei, licked her cheek, and then bounced away.

"Do you cause a scene everywhere you go?"

I turned my head to see the Elf God walking toward us.

"Only sometimes," I said with a smile.

"Im suppose you went in wanting to learn about this yellow grub." He said.

I nodded.

"I did, but first did you get in contact with the Spirits?" I asked.

He nodded.

He slowly turned his head to Mei.

"I guess she's a human?" He said.

Mei nodded.

"Im a Fire user." She said as she bowed.

"Not afraid?" He asked.

She stood up.

"I figured if you wanted me dead, you would have killed me when I stepped onto your land." She said. "I'm just a regular human after all."

"Tell me, what's your name?" He asked.

"Oh Mei Mei." She responded.

He crossed his arms and walked forward.

"I knew a human...year ago...she looked like you. Well, she had different eyes."

Mei's eyes grew.

"Were her eyes blue?" Asked Mei.

"Oh? Are you related?" He asked.

"She was my grandmother...before she passed, she took care of me." She paused. "She was a great Fire user."

"She was, shame she lost it." He said. "In any case, I'm off track." He turned his attention back to me. "I did get in contact with them. They will be here shortly."

I nodded.

"Is there a place me and Mei can stay until they arrive?" I asked.

He nodded.

"The Palace, while we wait..." He paused as he looked at me. "You can explain some more about yourself."

Great.

I followed behind him and realized how tall he was. Even though I was as tall as I was before, 5'3, this man was almost 7 feet. No reason to be that tall.

After we entered, he lead us to a room.

It was actually not that large. Big enough to hold a small group comfortably.

He sat down in an armchair and I sat on a love seat while Mei sat down in the other Armchair.

"Tell me Kobe, is that your real name?" He asked.

I smiled.

"Have you ever heard of transmigration?" I asked.

He laid back in his chair.

"In theory." He said. "I've never seen someone who's experienced it though."

"My name in my previous world was Kobe," I said. "Kobe Hazel Letter."

I turned to Mei who had never heard my full name.

"I never told you because you never asked," I said with a smile.

She just nodded.

"I don't need to know your name to know you." She said.

I turned back to the Elf God who was looking at me with a suspicious gaze.

"My name here is a secret." I put my index finger to my lips. "After all, a Devil's name is special. But I will tell you this." I said as I laid back comfortably. "I'm going to save this world. After all, it's my second shot at life. You don't have to believe me, but I hope you do your own research."

I condensed energy into that of a bead.

"Crush this if you're in danger," I said as I placed it on the table. "I will come back."

He looked down at the bead.

"You seem serious." He said as he picked it up.

"An army is coming. A war on a scale I can't predict. Get prepared."

After that, we ate.

Sometime later, the Spirits arrived on the teleportation array. I started to wonder if they used the same one in the Waste Land.