Chapter - 41- Being Followed

I was making my way through 5 Ranks Mountain when Ari spoke up.

'You are very close to entering Rank 1. In these spaces, there are not just one or two spread out but there will be groups of them numbering in two to five.'

I hummed in acknowledgment. I would have spoken but I had this itch that I was being followed. I had no idea where though because I could feel I was nowhere their Rank. I just kept my cool and continued through the snow.

A little later I did notice some tracks. I was in no way a tracker but threw deep enough for me to follow them. I followed a ways until I heard rustling. I glanced around a tree to see a beautiful male reindeer. It wasn't necessarily wintered so he still had his antlers. He could feel my presence but I could tell he was looking for a mate.

I just wondered why he chooses to do it so close to the 5 Ranks Mountain. I watched in appreciation. I liked regular animals. I just didn't like when they turned in Beast that wanted to rip me to shreds.

I pursued my lips as I watched him step back. Then he raised his head and let out this high-pitched call.

What the fuck?

That's when I saw an arrow fly and take him out. It was a clean hit straight into his chest.

I watched as he fell into the snow.

I got kind of sad that he died like that. Still, at the same time, I knew people needed meat.

That's when I noticed a man appear. He jumped in and looked down at the fallen reindeer. He knelt down and cut out the arrow. 

I watched in interest as he cut the deer's guts out. Then he took and an antler in one hand and started to drag him away.

Expect he turned toward my direction and saw me staring at him.

He was a normal-looking man. There was nothing outstanding about him or his demeanor. Still, I could see something in his eyes. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was but he didn't stay for long. He slowly disappeared in the snow and I was left alone once more.

I looked back down at the guys that laid in the snow. I knew this place would attract many Beast and so I climbed in a tree and waited.

I looked up and watched as clouds slowly rolled in from the south. I saw the dark look and knew it would snow soon. I knew I had to shelter for the night.

Before that though, I wanted to kill one more Vicious Beast. My effort of waiting was rewarded when a large Vicious Beast came to snack on the organs. It was a large bear-shaped Beast. Expect it was black and had piercing red eyes.

I readied my ice as I dropped down. I caught this one off guard. I only used regular ice because I still felt like someone was watching me. Its hide was strong so the ice didn't do anything. I stepped back and it roared. It turned toward me and opened its mouth.

My eyes grew wide when I saw fire forming in its mouth.

"The fuck?" I said to myself. I didn't need a Fire Crystal! I just thought because I'm in a snowy tundra that there would be any fire guys.

Well, they still sell well. I narrowed my eyes and started to take life-threatening jabs at his underbelly with ice from the ground.

This one was smarter though. It would jump and at the same time shoot out fire from its mouth. I would dodge but it was almost like it knew where I was going to end up.

This would definitely be more difficult, but this is what I wanted. I narrowed my eyes and steadied my breath. Do what Master taught you! I looked at possible areas of attack and went in. I didn't give the Beast a break like it didn't give me one.

Then I finally noticed a weak spot. My Master spoke about how every animal, including humans, has a weakness. I call it an Achilles Heel.

When I saw it, I didn't like the Beast rest. I jumped in from a different angle. Its Achilles Heel the back of its neck.

I was able to climb on its back and while it was getting ready to flip, I stab the dagger into his hide. Then I pulled it out and sent ice into the hole. I had it expand and as it roared one last time I jumped off.

It fell over and hit the ground hard.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as I looked at the damage of its fire. Damn...it really did cause quite a bit of damage.

I shook my head and walked over to his head. I slammed in the dagger and used just a bit of Pure Water to get a good cut. I dug out the Red Crystal and cleaned it with a little bit of water.

I slipped it in my bag and looked up once more at the sky. The clouds were closer now. I needed to find shelter.

I started my walk away from there.

"Shelter..." I said quietly like I was talking to myself.

'Go forwards a little bit. I fell a good-sized cave ahead of us.' Rone said.

I did as told and went forward.

'I can't sense steps so it should be clear. Still, if you want to get there first, I would hurry.' Rone spoke again.

Okay, okay. I get the point.

I readied my feet and activated Flight Steps. I jumped across tree branches to the cave.

As Rone said the cave had no one in it so I just went in and looked around. I could tell it had definitely been used before, but it was free now. I walked in deeper and got ready to set up camp for the night.

It would definitely be a cold one.