Chapter - 53 - We meet again

I remained quiet and followed close behind Master and Oh MeMei.

My eyes glanced around the restaurant as we neared the stairs. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a flap of a wing. I stopped for a second and turned to see a beautiful small red bird.

My mind immediately flooded with memories of the past. The red bird from that day, the Vermilion Bird.

This bird looked a lot smaller than the huge bird I saw that day, but its eyes...they were the same golden color.

Almost like it saw me staring at it, it turned its head and met my eyes. I was caught in a staring contest with this bird until its owner noticed my gaze.

"Do you like my bird?" I heard a female voice.

I turned my head to the woman sitting next to the bird. Her hair wasn't black but a blond color. Her eyes were bright blue and her clothing was most definitely not Chinese. It looked tribal.

I nodded her way and opened my mouth to talk, but a sword was put to my throat. I would have moved out of the way but I had promised Master I wouldn't cause a scene.

I turned my head once more and looked up some to see another girl expect her golden hair was cut shorter and her eyes were gray instead of blue. The main similarities were their clothing.

"Calm down Tiv." The woman next to the bird spoke up.

"Calm down! Your majesty, this....male...tired to speak to you."

Majesty?

I stepped back a step to put some space between me and this blade but the girl was fast she moved quickly and put me in a hold.

She was touching me, great. I hate being touched.

"Let go." Two words but the power in them actually made the restaurant get quiet from the murmuring this situation had caused.

And like how I wanted she let go of me.

I stepped forward away from the girl and looked back at the woman next to the bird.

Her eyes showed a hint of shock but if one did not look closely they would just see a calm woman next to a bird.

I nodded her way and quickly flowed the others I had left behind.

Whoever this woman was I would ask Master about it later. I walked up the stairs and saw Master waiting on me.

"Sorry Master."

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"Bird." My one-word reply made him shake his head and we headed up for the top story.

At the top were single rooms for groups. We went in one and there was a balcony with a table. We all went over and sat down.

I sat next to the railing and looked off into the distance. I saw people walking around talking. Some bought things and others just looked.

I could tell from up here who was well off and who wasn't. It was interesting seeing all these people from different backgrounds mingling together.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice the door opening. I sipped my tea as the new figure sat down.

I was completely out of it and failed to notice the person that walked in happily talked to my master and flirted some with Oh MeMei.

All of it going on while I tapped my left index finger on the table and sipped tea with my right hand.

Then suddenly a face appeared right in front of me.

My heart bounced and I threw my cup on instinct. The man moved away and the cup flew by him.

I yelled a girly scream and grabbed my chest.

I turned toward the man to see it was the Quack Doctor of all people.

Fucking heal.

"Fuck! Did you really have to scare me like that?!" I yelled. My voice was back to a 14-year-old boy.

The quack doctor laughed.

"You are barely off your mother's breast and you want to talk to me so?"

Mother fucker.

"I'll talk to you how I wish you yack fuck."

The doctor's eyes seemed to look away as if he recalled a memory but he immediately looked back at me.

"You-" His words were cut short by food arriving.

I stopped talking also and started to eat.

"Thank you for letting us eat here," Master said to the quack doctor.

This doctor owned the place? What the hell. Then again you have to make money some way I guess. Wait then why was he an imperial doctor to the Emperor of the other kingdom?

The hell.

My confusion was growing, but I kept it to myself.

"Of course. We've known each other for a long time. I will always be hospitable to you."

I glanced back to see the doctor with a small smile but for some reason, I still didn't like him.  Though maybe it was because he treated Rain like shit.

So many things were not adding up. This man was a whole wild card for sure.

I reached to grab the last bun but the doctor snatched it up.

I pulled back my hand and decided I best not mess with the man anymore since he was good friends with my master.

"Oh you quiet down when you learn I run this shop. Did it scare you?"

I was holding my teacup and immediately it shattered into ice.

My eyes met his and the room itself started to freeze.

"K-kobe..."

I looked over to see Oh MeMeis lips turning blue.

FUCK!

I immediately stopped and snatched her up into my arms.

"Shit!"

Master moved closer and looked at her.

"Let me see her." He said.

"NO!" I yelled.

I immediately poured my healing energy inside of her. Her body started to glow a bright light and her lips turned normal once again.

I saw her eyes open and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.