Chapter - 58 - Waking Up

"You don't need to do that, Oh MeMei," I said.

"Call me Mei, Kobe." She smiled.

Tears filled my eyes. No one in my past life would die for me. No one even cared for me enough to check up on me when I got sick. Now I had a family. A real one that loved and cared for me.

"Let's go eat," I said.

Mei helped me up from the bed and started to brush my matted hair. She helped clean me up and change my dirty clothing. She helped me walk out the door and down the stairs to the common area down below.

As we walked, I heard talking and wondered who it was.

"I forgot to mention, but the doctor heard about your fall and came along. Sometime later Lord Devil also showed up and stayed when he found out about your condition."

I nodded.

The first thing I saw when I came down wasn't just Master, doctor, and Jason, but Xiong HoLing.

Mei tensed up as she held onto me.

"It's okay," I whispered. "I know him."

I stepped down to be immediately met with Master.

"Master." I smiled.

Unexpectedly, he pulled me into his arms.

"Your okay." He said in a low whisper.

"MMmm yes," I replied low.

He moved back and let me hang back onto Mei.

"Hello everyone." I smiled as I sat down.

"How are you feeling?" Before the others could speak Jason came over and sat down.

I smiled lightly.

"Just exhausted," I told the truth.

"What happened?" The doctor asked.

"I had a case of amnesia, but I've remembered," I said.

The doctor came closer.

"Mind if I check?"

I shook my head.

"Have at it." I let my sleeve fall so that he could get at my wrist.

"You would allow a man to touch you?" Jason asked as he sat next to me.

I smirked.

"He has already seen me shirtless, this is nothing."

I could feel Jason tense up. These men should lighten up. I wore bikinis in my past life, this was nothing. 

The doctor, already used to my thinking, didn't have much of a reaction at this but smiled lightly.

I turned my head to face Xiong HoLing.

"Hey, Xiong HoLing how are you?" I asked.

"I am very good. I happened to be in the Empire and followed your master and Oh MeMei back."

I nodded.

"You never came back with us." Oh MeMei spoke up.

"Mei, he's a Nymph," I said.

I saw her realize what was going on and she got quiet once again.

"I wish you wouldn't make everyone here forget about you," I said as I looked at him.

"I have no interest in sharing my life with others."

I sighed.

"Whatever you wish Xiong HoLing."

After that, the doctor spoke up.

"There is nothing wrong. Actually, you are much stronger than before." He reached down and pulled out a pill. "Take this for your exhaustion. You will be better in an hour."

I nodded.

"Thank you for your kindness."

I popped in the pill and laid back. Jason laid a blanket over me and I snuggled under it in happiness.

Mei had left without me knowing and brought back breakfast for me. Warmth filled me and I sat the food on my lap. Jason had gotten up at this point and walked out with master and the doctor to give me space. The only one who remained was Xiong HoLing and Mei.

"Since you are surrounded by people you trust, I shall take my leave." He reached out his hand and I put mine in it. He brought it up to his mouth and kissed it. "This is how male Nymphs say goodbye." He looked up into my eyes and gave a small smile.

I retracted my hand and smiled back.

"Goodbye, Xiong HoLing, thank you for checking on me."

He nodded.

"If you happen to visit the Ivory Meadow, sprinkle this." He brought out a small bag. "It's a special form of fairy dust that will send you to the Nymph world."

"Nymphs don't live in this world?" I asked.

"More like we don't live on this piece of land. Many years ago we split off from the humans. They started to hunt us for our abilities."

"Mmmm." I finished my breakfast and sat it down on the tray next to me. "I know that you can make anyone forget about you. Is that what they were after?" I asked.

"That, and our ability to make anyone below Rank 8 do what we want."

I was sipping tea when I spit it out.

"You can do what?!" My eyes grew large. "Well damn now I know why you don't want anyone knowing about you. Don't worry, my lips are sealed." I gave a thumbs up to him.

Mei remained quiet through all of this until now.

"I know I've probably said this before but it was nice to meet you." She smiled his way.

He turned to her and nodded.

"Same to you, Oh MeMei." He turned to me. "Goodbye Kobe, may we meet again one day." He turned away but it seemed like he thought of something. "Next year on April 21st I will be getting married, please come and attend."

"Of course." I smiled lightly. "May I bring Mei?"

He glanced over her and pursed his lips.

"Do you trust her?" He asked.

"With my life."

"Mmmm...yes this is fine, here."

He handed me two pieces of paper. They seemed to hold Energy.

"These are your invitations. Just use the Fairy dust I gave you to get there. Once there, let the Invitations lead you."

"Thank you. I will be there. Bye Xiong HoLing."

After he left master came back with Jason.

"Wei Sun had to leave," Master said.

"Mmmmm." My response was simple but I was so exhausted. I turned my head and laid my head on the chair.

"I'll see you again Kobe." I heard a whisper above me and knew it was Jason.