Chapter - 111 - Attacked

"Hair cut? But people will know!" He said shaking his head.

"Children are born everywhere with green eyes it's just rare. Makes you recognizable if anything." I said as I walked towards the door. "But first, let's get you a bath, and then I'll cut your hair and style it for you," I said with a smile.

After that, he followed me downstairs, and off we went to take out baths. Once our baths were done, we went back upstairs where I sat him down and took some scissors to his hair. I was t very good at cutting hair but I did always cut my own.

I cut away the split ends and put his hair up in a ponytail with two side pieces to frame his face.

"Like it?" I asked as I turned him in front of the mirror. He immediately nodded.

"I want you to meet someone," I said.

I took out the toddler boy from my space and showed him to him.

"How do you feel about being this baby's brother? Hmm?"

"I want to ask how you did that, but I guess I'll learn later."

Throughout the afternoon and evening, we sat and talked while I held the baby. The 8-year-old boy couldn't remember his name but he had been calling himself Gu and I didn't like it, so I gave him a Tribal name, Ace. That way, his green eyes made sense.

"What's the baby's name?" He asked.

I moved the toddler's hair who had recently just turned 2.

"How about Alex?"

"I like it." The boy said.

At night, we ate and then slept. By the next morning, I sent out Hawkeyes and knew the man was still out there.

I wasn't surprised he was still out there. If anything, I was surprised he didn't try to kill me.

I put Alex in my space for Aden to take care of and left the inn with Ace. He didn't look like how he looked yesterday. If anything, he looked like a noble's child.

He held my hand and we walked hand in hand down the sidewalk. Heads turned as they noticed our green eyes.

As we walked, I could feel us being followed. But, I just calmly walked with Ace through our town. I would keep this up until he approached me. Though, I didn't have to wait long. By noon, while me and Ace walked the bridge, in came an extremely fast arrow. Expect too bad for him, I expected it. I caught the arrow in my hand and immediately shot it back at the man with wind energy. The arrow shot back as I picked up Ace and flew over. The man was in another black robe and running off with the arrow stuck in his arm.

I concentrated on the man and flew quickly over to him.

As he looked up, his face immediately made contact with my heel. His body flipped backward, and as he fell from the sky, he lifted his hands to throw something at me.

I wasn't positive about what it was until it got closer, a black ball.

What tha- it made an impact and I immediately felt myself growing tired. My last move was to put the boy in my space, and I did before I fully blacked out.

I awoke sometime later to an extreme slicing pain on my back. I arched my back forward and opened my eyes. I realized I was hanging from shackles and my feet were shackled to the ground. I felt stinging cold around my body and realized I was completely naked except for my underwear that was still on my crotch area.

I looked up to see the man from before. Expect now I could see his face. He looked absolutely normal. Someone you wouldn't look twice at if you pass him on the street. My only real flaw when it came to my previous life. His face and body type were what every man strives to have in my previous life. If anything I envied him for it.

"You're a Devil."

"No shit," I responded.

"Don't you know what situation you're in?" He asked.

"Why'd you kill her? A hit? I'm seriously curious." I said as I hung there.

"I'll answer this if you answer one of mine."

I nodded.

"It was a hit from the Orion's."

I nodded. Why would that make a hit on her though? Well, at least I know this much.

"Do you know how wanted you are in this world?" He asked as he picked back up the whip.

"Yep," I said.

"I'm going to sell you for so much money."

"You forget, I have the water and wind elements."

I broke the shackles all around me within a second and spun around. I shot ice around and immediately encased him. He tried to use fire but it was no use.

"Idiot, I have two spirits your fire won't do shit."

I went into my space and grabbed out a coat that I quickly put on over my cold body. Before I did anything else, I stored him in my space in a far-off corner away from Aden and the rest.

I could sense that the children were okay so I felt comforted inside as I proceeded to collect everything and get the hell out. I put the hood over my head and quickly traveled out of the cave area and into the light. Expect, once I exited, I realized I was on a beach. What. The. Fuck.

How long was I asleep?!?!

I grumbled as I went back inside and changed into something different and put on my ring to change into a man. As I walked around outside I realized I had no idea where I was.

So I decided to just enter my space.

He was still encased in ice and I could tell he was in pain. I couldn't have him dying, so I released him from the ice. He couldn't use his elements, but if he was high level like he was, he could totally leave my space if he knew how. Though it seemed by his reaction, he had no idea how.